Banana bread/cake with pics

OOOps lol.. I didn't actually mix them that much, I didn't even know egg whites could go stiff haha!!
Oh well, learners have to start somewhere lol!
I'll be attempting number 2 later today!

Should I be greasing the cake tin or not, I'm wondering why it burnt at the bottom??

fry light maybe?? I'm about to start it now wish me luck lol

Mine is in the oven - I'll keep you posted!!

Didn't do the frylight, as only reading your post now, so we will see how it turns out.

Oh my goodness, it is yum! I did what you suggested and put tin foil on top after 20 minutes and it has turned out great! I luurrve cinammon so added just over 2 tsp and it is lovely.

Will def be making this again. I was going to post about asking how long it will keep, but somehow I don't think I'm going to need to know that - guess where most of my syns will be going today!

Thanks so much for the recipe debjk!

OH MY GOD - I cannot believe it has just taken me over half an hour to whisk the egg whites hahaha!
Oh deary me - I ended up watching a video on youtube as I didn't think I was doing it right!!
No wonder it didn't work yesterday, I just mixed the whites up with a fork and put them in as you find them lol!!
Oh well, I've learnt now! It's in the oven now!

no :eek: LOL can you tell I've never made a cake before?! What do you mean by stiff??

That did make me chuckle :D:D:D

How much is a cup?

You could do an apple version, by stewing the apples with sweetener.

BINGOOOO!!
it's lovely!! Didn't rise as well as yours, don't think I did the eggs as much as I should??
Certainly hit my sweet spot though :D:D

I've got mine in the oven, I can't wait to try it!!:D

It's just come out of the oven and look lovely.

Do I need to wait until it cools down LOL

I actually preferred it cold. Made another one first thing today for our picnic. Went down a treat :p

YUM, YUM, YUM!!!

ohh yumm, sounds delish. ive snuck over from the weightwatchers forum and i think i will try this recipe out looks fabby.

well done that woman!

dont see why not but I think it would need something else too or may be a bit bland and dry, Think its the banana that keeps it moist and tasty you could try some lower syn fruits Apple/pineapple/pear keep meaning to try another but keep forgetting have some apples so may try that maybe reduce a couple down with a drop of water and then chop another into small chunks maybe you could add carrot to that and make a carrot and apple cake mmmmmm 28g of apple/pineapple/pear cooked is 0.5 syn

Back