Discover Becky and Arline's Diary!

Urgh! I just can't motivate myself to exercise! I walk quite a bit, at least half an hour a day but I really need some kind of aerobics and toning to get my body ready for summer... just feel like I want to curl up on the sofa all the time, getting soooo lazy!! (or can I blame it on the cold weather?!?)

Breakfast:
2 crackers, little spread, 2 slices chicken, 2 slices tomato (2)
Options hot choc (1)
Orange (0.5)

Lunch:
Ainsley Harriot Mulligatawney cup a soup (1.5) BOGOF in Sainsburys at the mo!
WW danish with little spread (1)
Mini packet of buttons (1.5)

Dinner:
WW Beef stew (3.5)
Cauli, carrots, sprouts (0)
Orange (0.5)
Everton mint (0.5)
Creme egg (3.5)

Points Used:15.5
Points saved: 2.5 + 1.5 (Mon) = 4

Drinks: Glass orange squash, 2 cans citrus pop, 2 glasses Pepsi Max

Last edited:
Thought I would be brave and post some before and after photos! This is before at my graduation in 2007 (I would say I was half a stone lighter than at my heaviest here)...

grad23-1.jpg
grad214-1.jpg

And me today nearly 3 and a half stones lighter (with a little more to lose and no make-up EEK!)...

009.jpg

008-1.jpg

Becky xx

Last edited:
Aww thanks Josie! Tummy is quite flat but very flabby, I could blame it on having a baby, but the lack of sit-ups doesn't help he he!! xx

So I bought Heat magazine this morning and apparently size 14 is the new sexy!! Typical now I'm size 12 lol!! And my mum now says that I'd look better with a stone ON!! And I want to lose a stone ARGH!! Hate it when these comments start to occur!!

Anyway, today I've had...

Breakfast:
2 crackers with a little spread, 2 slices ham, 2 slices tomato and a few pickles (2)
Highlights hot choc (1)
Coffee (1)
Fruit bag - apples and grapes (0.5)

Lunch:
Homemade veg soup (1)
Tiny bag of choc buttons (1.5)
Seabrook prawn cocktail crisps (2.5)

Dinner:
Ainsley Harriot pepper and chilli cup a soup (1)
WW danish with a little spread (1)
2 mini jelly babies - forced to eat these by my little man he he!! (0.5)
Orange (0.5)
Cad Creme egg (3.5)

Points Used: 16
Points saved: 2 today + 2.5 (mon) + 1.5 (sun) = 6

Don't know what I'm saving my points for but I've been keeping a tab of my calories this week to try to keep between 1100 and 1200 and it seems to be coming out at 16 points so I might see how I get on weight loss wise this week and I might reduce my points to 16... not sure yet!! xx

Last edited:
You look very trim! Beauty!

I just did some calculations...

Cadbury's Creme Eggs...

3.5 Points

or

5 Pro Points

Discover 18/3.5 = 5.14 eggs

Pro Points 29/5 = 5.8 eggs + weekly allowance!

My point is that you can have more creme eggs on Pro Points than you can on Discover, I thought the new calculations were done to promote healthier eating??

Last edited:
I have really bad tummy ache today but I'm determined to do some decorating so am going to try to work through it!

Breakfast:
Punnet blueberries with Mullerlight Vanilla yog (2.5)
2 slices ham (0.5)
Highlights hot choc (1)

Lunch (consumed whilst decorating!!):
2 packets of Seabrook prawn cocktail crisps (5)
6 slices Turkey ham (1)
Orange (0.5)
Options hot choc (1)

Dinner:
WW Chicken casserole (3)
Carrots and brussel sprouts (0)

I've felt hungry all day, I really wanted some munchies this evening and so I gave in and got the treat tub out, probably used all the points I'd saved lol!! Never mind back on track tomorrow :0)

Points Used: Lots!!

Last edited:
I have done a plan for today as my little man wants a Chinese buffet tonight to celebrate Chinese New Year (they have been talking about it at school this week making lanterns and Chinese dragons etc)

I have decided to try to stick to 16 points as I really can't wait to get to target he he!! I have also decided to reduce my target to 9st 10lbs as this is the lightest I have ever been and so is more realistic than 9st!

The plan...

Breakfast:
Orange (0.5)
Apple (0.5)
WW Desserts yog (1)

Lunch:
2 WW Danish with 50g turkey ham, tomatoes and pickles (2)
WW Desserts yog (1)
Ryvita minis sweet chilli (1.5)

Dinner:
Half of a tiny pack of Sainsburys Sushi (1)
OK not Chinese but little man insisted we had some, he loves sushi!!
2 Iceland satay chicken sticks (2)
2 mini Iceland oriental spring rolls (1.5)
10g prawn crackers (1)
Not sure how many I will get for 10g lol!!
Roasted red pepper (0)
Crunchy carrot sticks (0)

Snacks:
Swizzles Double lolly (0.5)
Hot choc (1)
Hot choc (1)
WW Desserts yog (1)
To get rid of any sweet cravings!!

Total points: 16

OK so I've eaten everything on my plan... it's 6.20 so I've just got to make sure that nothing else passes my lips he he!!

Last edited:
I'm at work for the next 3 days but will try to pop on to hopefully chart a weight loss lol! Weigh in Sunday! xx

OK so my week went a bit like this...

Sunday, Monday and Tuesday stuck to plan 100%
Wednesday and Thursday had too many snacks in the evening!
Friday and Saturday stuck to plan 100%

Result in weigh in... Half a pound off!

Really need to do 7 days at 100% now to get a good weight loss!

That's the plan for this week!! xx

Hi Becky, at least the scales are moving in the right direction!! I am exactly the same as you at the mo, seem to fall off the wagon 2 days a week-usually the weekend.
Be pleased with yourself though as a loss is a loss xx

Thanks Josie! Trying to stay positive! Just can't stop eating chocolates!! xx

Last edited:
All those halfs clock up nd youll look back in a few months and be so happy. After me puttin on a few pounds, i cant wait to weigh in and even if its half im going in the right direction again. Love your diary and your looking great too!

Aww thanks hon, just feeling down in the dumps at the mo, loads of things seem to be going wrong and it's all piling up on my shoulders so feeling really stressed!! And for once it's not related to anything weight wise lol!

Going to plan my meals the night before all week and try to stick to them and do exercise, I know I can lose 2lbs a week doing this, it's just the doing it which is proving difficult at the moment!

But this week I WILL DO IT!!! LOL!!

Thanks for your comments they mean a lot xx

So I've decided to post my diary the day after it's happened then I can let you know officially how the day went!

It was my first day of my planned diaries and I'm happy to say that with just a few little tweaks I stuck to it! I also did 20 mins of Camilla's Dance Workout but it just wasn't for me so back to my faithful Rosemary Connely aerobics I go lol!

Breakfast:
2 crackers with ham and pickles (1.5)
Apple (0.5)

Elevensies:
Bowl of leftover lemon chicken stew (1.5)

Lunch:
2 SF Quorn chicken style strips with carrots, cauliflower and a little gravy (2.5)
Orange (0.5)
Hot choc (1)

Dinner:
WW Salmon Risotto (4) would not have this again!
A yellow and red pepper chopped up and oven baked (0)
Mullerlight Toffee (1.5)
Orange (0.5)

Snacks:
2 swizzles double lollies (1)
Quavers (1.5)

Another 100% day completed yesterday YAY!! Really proud of myself as I overcome some hurdles along the way! Firstly I bought my Mum some hot cross buns thinking that she liked them, but turns out she didn't! So bought them home and thought I'd give my son one after his tea. But as they were from the bakery they had to be eaten on the day and there was 4 of them. I knew that I'd end up giving him 1 and then eat the other 3 myself so in the bin they went! It was only 79p so not the end of the world!! Then in the evening after I'd eaten all my points I had a huge craving for a packet of Quavers! It's only 1.5 points the Devil on my shoulder was saying, but that's the way it starts, a few points here and a few points there, so managed to resist lol!

So yesterday I had...

Breakfast:
Ham sandwich using 2 WW Danish, 2 slices ham and pickles (1.5)

At mums:
Roast chicken Fridge Raiders (2.5)

Lunch:
2 Quorn SF Chicken style strips with cauli, carrots, sprouts and gravy (2.5)
Apple (0.5)
Orange (0.5)
3 mini eggs (1)

Dinner:
WW chicken curry with a red and an orange pepper oven baked (4.5)
Hot choc (1)
Mullerlight (1.5)

Last edited:
Back