Step 1 Sole Source Becoming the woman I was always meant to be!

So ladies....you are now lookin at Nurse Gordon!!!!

I got into Nottingham Uni. I start next month :) xxx

Well done for getting into uni. I hope you don't mind me joining this thread.

I haven't been on minimims for years, so my stats may be wrong (I couldn't see them in my profile to adjust, it's been so long).

I was 25/26 years old when I did the Cambridge last time hence the username. I'm 31 now.
Unfortunately, due to life's ups and downs I have put the weight back on and more. However, I'm determined this time will be different and I will lose and keep the weight off.

I'm trying to lose a couple of stone myself before I re-start the Cambridge (partly due to embarassment & having to avoid my doctor if I need a "fit for the diet" letter). By low carbs (chicken/ turkey breast grilled, veg (non-root) YUM YUM!!!!!!!! etc)

I'm currently according to the scales at Boots: Weight 16st 1lb (102.5kg), height 5 ft 6.5, BMI 35.9.

My goal weight is 9st (I know anything under approx. 11st will be healthy, but from last time I was still referred to as "chubby" etc I personally felt my best at 9st (so that's the ultimate goal).

I too want to study nursing at the University Of Nottm, I'm looking for entry Sept 2015 (applying next year). I want to build my confidence at with voluntary work & losing weight. I am very socially excluded at the moment, I'm not a very confident person, so I need to grow and develop first. I just basically work part time (so as I'm not social, and I have to admit I'm back living with my parents - I don't need much money). So I wondered if we could help each other with our weight loss journey (and with others on this forum) & if you could be a mentor (via email) to help me get into nursing. It has been a dream for the past 4 years, but it is only in the last few weeks that I have truly believed it could become a reality.

PS. I'm really glad to be back on minimims, it was such a help last time.

I know you may be with the Derby branch, I live in Nottingham - so I'm hoping to study at Nottingham.

Well done for getting into uni. I hope you don't mind me joining this thread. I haven't been on minimims for years, so my stats may be wrong (I couldn't see them in my profile to adjust, it's been so long). I was 25/26 years old when I did the Cambridge last time hence the username. I'm 31 now. Unfortunately, due to life's ups and downs I have put the weight back on and more. However, I'm determined this time will be different and I will lose and keep the weight off. I'm trying to lose a couple of stone myself before I re-start the Cambridge (partly due to embarassment & having to avoid my doctor if I need a "fit for the diet" letter). By low carbs (chicken/ turkey breast grilled, veg (non-root) YUM YUM!!!!!!!! etc) I'm currently according to the scales at Boots: Weight 16st 1lb (102.5kg), height 5 ft 6.5, BMI 35.9. My goal weight is 9st (I know anything under approx. 11st will be healthy, but from last time I was still referred to as "chubby" etc I personally felt my best at 9st (so that's the ultimate goal). I too want to study nursing at the University Of Nottm, I'm looking for entry Sept 2015 (applying next year). I want to build my confidence at with voluntary work & losing weight. I am very socially excluded at the moment, I'm not a very confident person, so I need to grow and develop first. I just basically work part time (so as I'm not social, and I have to admit I'm back living with my parents - I don't need much money). So I wondered if we could help each other with our weight loss journey (and with others on this forum) & if you could be a mentor (via email) to help me get into nursing. It has been a dream for the past 4 years, but it is only in the last few weeks that I have truly believed it could become a reality. PS. I'm really glad to be back on minimims, it was such a help last time. I know you may be with the Derby branch, I live in Nottingham - so I'm hoping to study at Nottingham.

Heya. Thanks 4 ur good wishes.

Why not apply for sept 2014? Notts Uni is lovely n to get in yes u need experience but not a massive amount. The important thing is being able to draw on such experiences and explain what u learnt. And have the necessary entrance grades required on their website.

Do ur research. So Study their website, attend open days and ask them as many questions as u want xx

I know. I've been absent 4 so long.

I have good news. I'm getting married in the summer. I'm so excited! I really need to knuckle down n get slim.

Brill keep it going :) Starting on Fri myself!

A silence is never a good thing. I now weigh 19 stone 12lbs. :( iv had several issues to deal with but now only have 21 weeks to my wedding. I still struggle to drink enough water in a day. And I think that is part of my downfall.

The plan. To loose 5 stone for the wedding. Unsure whether to go back to my cdc as money is right but I feel like I really need the support. I have bought slim and save packets but no motivation to do it alone.

I kno if I continue to leave it as it is I'll remain so unhappy on my wedding day and honeymoon. I need to do this for me. And to be a better mother to my child.

I'm such a failure. Repeatedly failing.

Awwww chick, same troubles here. Sorry to barge in on your diary but I'm here stalking the threads and feeling like a complete failure myself....sighs.

There's still time to lose loads of weight before your big day, you just need to crack on and put the past behind, oh I soooo wish that I could follow my own advice!!!!

I'm heading into my millionth restart tomorrow but hey better late than never, we can do this!!

Lou x

It's day 4 and iv lost 6lbs. Going to start as I mean to go on. We really can't afford Cambridge ATM so I'm using a cheaper alternative. Really can't wait til my wedding and so grateful for my friend Elaine and my partner for constantly pestering me to not give up xx

6lbs!! Whoop whoop! See, you can do this! Stick at it and stay focused on the big day, one day at a time, that works for me!

Totally hear you on the cost, it isn't cheap!

Wow. It's been soo long since I wrote on here.

It will take way too long to update you all with what has happened since then. I'm now doing slim and save and successfully completed day 1 :)

Back