Bikini in Oz- I'm coming to get you!

Sammy, you're in the zone and doing great.

I've had a great week,cooked the big Sunday roast for my family today and sat with my Spaghetti Bolognese.I know I haven't had enough water today but had copious amounts of coffee instead.Looking forward to week 2 but need to focus-I know I can do this for 2 weeks-need to get into week 3 as psychologically it's a milestone for me.

Weasey I know what you mean...unwanted attention is a horrible feeling,it's not a compliment!It obviously feels strange for my colleagues to have seen me literally shrinking in front of them and they couldn't help but comment but it still felt uncomfortable and very personal.

In the meantime I'm planning on how I'll deal with it this time....

I think there is a difference between strange creepy men attention and compliments from people we know. It can be difficult to accept compliments. I used to deny them all the time. Like someone would say 'Have you lost weight?' and I'd reply 'a bit' - or they'd say 'you've lost lots of weight!' and I'd say 'there's still lots to go'. It took me a long time to understand that by doing that I was denying the compliment. So I started to just say 'thankyou' whilst cringing inside. After a few months I found that I wasn't actually cringing inside anymore. I was able to say 'thankyou' when someone gave me a compliment and actually mean it. I acepted the compliment in the way it was intended. It was quite a big turning point for me.

Wow well done on the roast dinner!! My hubby made himself a roast and closed all the doors so I couldn't smell it!! I laughed and said it doesn't bother me - its a yummy smell but it doesn't make me want to eat it. Especially as I had my Truffa bar at the time!! Anyway - I should have kept my mouth shut as he then kindly left me the washing up - seeing that it doesn't bother me!! Lol. To be honest though - that was a nice distraction - but I'm not going to tell him that!! Ha ha.
I haven't tried the spaghetti one yet. I quite liked the chilli but it was hotttt!! I'm not good with hot things! - it probably isn't really that bad - I just have a delicate taste buds!!

It's hard on the compliments - I never know what to say. I know people mean well - but I used to say the same - "ah well I'm getting there"... But the worst part for me was when I was about a stone away from target and then people say you look great why are you still doing it, and I try to explain but they don't understand.
I'm hopefully going to get a month under my belt before telling anyone what I'm doing.
Hopefully!!
And this time - like you weasey - just simply say thank you. And realise that this diet is working!!
Xx

Well it's Monday morning and I finally braved the scales......12 stone 3lbs and that's after a strict week on Slim and Save, I shudder to think what I weighed last Monday morning! At least I now know my starting point and where I have to get to :sigh:

I don't really know the reasoning for it but I start to enjoy cooking more when I'm not eating- maybe I'm a secret feeder!!!! After I made dinner yesterday I started on soup, fairy cakes and homemade tomato sauce....and I did all the washing up!!!!!

I also re-upholstered a footstool over the weekend, bought myself a staple gun and I'm like a woman possessed- considering that I am utterly hopeless at sewing/ knitting etc this is a new discovery for me- anything to keep distracted and keep food out of my mind!

Oh the comments when you're so close to goal...don't lose anymore/ you're too thin/ there'll be nothing left of you/that diet can't be good for you etc.... to be honest I was 3 lbs away from goal when I just let them all get the better of me- but not this time. When I get to goal I'll just smile ( in my size 10's) and say thank you for the compliments and the comments.

Have a great day ladies x

It is difficult when you're close to goal and people tell you to stop. I'd just tell them that it was important for me to get to goal and that I was aiming for mid range healthy BMI so therre's no need to worry about my health. It was important for me to know that I'd achieved the goal I set myself. As it was I do think I was too skinny at goal and now I don't want to be as low as at. But that's my choice which I am making about my weight.

I'm in awe of you guys with your cooking and crafty stuff!

Weasey-the cooking and crafty stuff is only distraction however I'm in awe of your achievements.
I've been lurking around here long enough to have seen so many people come and go-You're definitely not one of those statistics and I don't want to be either-in this for the long haul!
At the end of the day it's not how much we need to lose because it really is mind over matter,I just need to keep telling myself that!

Blimey you have been busy!! That's gotta burn a few calories off!! ;0) well done for not being tempted by your cooking - and careful with that staple gun - you don't wanna do anything crazy like stapling your mouth shut! Lol ;)

Thanks Lainey. I have to accept that I'll always have to be mindful around food and keep working at it for the rest of my life. When I first started the diet I'd have run in the other direction at the thought of having to eat differently and exercising regularly once the weight was gone. Now I know it's the case and I know that it's absolutely worth it.

Sammy - Perhaps the diet would be easier with a stapled shut mouth?! Shakes through a straw...

...or staple my tummy.;);)-that's another really valid point Weasey.

My last attempt at Cambridge I thought once I got all the weight off I could just eat "like a normal person".I couldn't get my head around the fact that normal people do not eat scones every day and chocolate every night or even treat themselves with food for every little celebration in their lives....it is a life long choice we have to make and that includes exercise-another thing I need to get back to!Once the dizzy spells go ( which should be very soon) I'm getting out there-I love to run but don't have the energy yet.....I will though and very soon.

When I lost most of my weight I didn't do any exercise at all. I started once I reached goal. That worked really well for me because I could concentrate on changing one thing at a time. Now that I'm back to lose a stone I'm exercising because I don't want to give it up (!) but I'm avoiding heavy cardio because I think it'd be too much for me whilst on so few calories. Do whatever makes sense for you but if you do decide to run I'd suggest that you take a bar with you in case you have problems.

I know what you mean about the eating. My relationship with food isn't a healthy one and by eating like a 'normal' person I meant eat whatever I like! Not an ideal approach!

When I lost most of my weight I didn't do any exercise at all. I started once I reached goal. That worked really well for me because I could concentrate on changing one thing at a time. Now that I'm back to lose a stone I'm exercising because I don't want to give it up (!) but I'm avoiding heavy cardio because I think it'd be too much for me whilst on so few calories. Do whatever makes sense for you but if you do decide to run I'd suggest that you take a bar with you in case you have problems.

I know what you mean about the eating. My relationship with food isn't a healthy one and by eating like a 'normal' person I meant eat whatever I like! Not an ideal approach!

If we all had a healthy relationship with food we wouldn't be here Weasey...I guess that's our problem in a nutshell. If I watch my " normal" friends and what they eat I have to say- hmmmm can you really live on that little food? Which proves a point I overeat and obviously you can survive on that little-eh hello VLCD!!!!

I may have a slight obsession with Jessie Pavelka at the moment. I watch Fat: the fight of my life or whatever it's called on Sky Living. I tell myself it's for the inspirational stories of weightloss and it is but part of it is for an ogle at Jessie!!! If I had a personal trainer like him I think I'd be addicted to exercise :)

Just had cheesy pasta for lunch.....it tastes a bit like the awful packs of Mac n Cheese you get in the US- not a fan at all!

And after lecturing poor Sammy I need to take note of what I said " STAY OFF THE SCALES"- no change since Sunday night,grrrrrr

At least your scales are consistent! Mine make it up every day I think!! Just plucks a number out!! Think I'll just have to go by the highest each week and see how we go! Lol xx

I weigh most days - but I don't get upset about increases and I expect it to move up and down. If it might knock you off course then leave them alone!

Another successful day for me-oatmeal for breakfast,dodgy cheese pasta for lunch,cottage pie for tea and a coconut bar with a cuppa just now.2.5 litres of water as well...Getting into the rhythm of things now.....day 8 done and dusted,76 to go...

I'm not too keen on the cheese pasta... It's somehow wrong, I just try and convince myself that its nice... Ill not be ordering any next time tho!

Well Im back from my overnight work trip and remained 100%, something Ive always struggled with when Im in a hotel overnight-the fact that I got into bed at 8.00pm to watch telly probably helped.I was hungry today for the 1st time since starting this so I had a chicken salad at lunchtime-I had 1/2 tomato but not beating myself up about the fact we're not supposed to have them-it was yummy.
I haven't been good on the water today but load of coffee...
My lovely hubby hid the scales this week so not weighing in until Monday morning(1st thing!!!).
Have a lovely weekend everyone x

Well done for sticking to it overnight!!

I remember going away with work when I was on the Cambridge and got stuck away for an extra night! I only had one shake left so after pondering over the room service menu seeing if I could have anything, I decided to stay strong and just go to bed!!
It's so nice when you conquer something like being away from home and sticking to plan!

Ooo hidden scales!! - you'll get a lovely surprise on Monday then!! Xx

Had a funny kind of a day today-porridge for breakfast as usual,then seeing as I was at my Dad's house ( who wouldn't understand this diet at all) I had some swede chips and a slice of roast beef for my dinner-don't even know whether beef is on plan or not but it was delicious and I'm not even a big fan of red meat!!!

Yummy chilli for tea and a lemon bar tonight-weigh in day tomorrow ( will have to remember to ask the hubby where the scales are so I can weigh in 1st thing in the morning before work)

It's flipping freezing here-time to get some hot shakes and soups me thinks!!!

Ooo good luck for weigh in!!! How exciting!! Xx

Back