Blue's Daily Diary

Hey Tracy, thanks for your reply. And well done on your weight loss...I hope I can do as well as you :D

I am going to try eggs on Friday as I don't have to go anywhere at the weekend and may try nuts as well.
What nuts are best? And how many? Would peanut butter be ok, maybe an organic one?

Someone on another thread (think it was you ladyfelsham) posted a link to a youtube video, it was a walking in the house workout. The lady who does the videos has 1-5 mile videos. I did the 1 mile video this morning and it nearly killed me! But I'm going to do it every day and when I'm ready move up to the 2 mile :D
It's perfect for me because I'm not very fit yet and walking is great exercise to start off with, and because I suffer from pretty bad social anxiety and don't leave my house very much. So at least I can get some exercise in at home. I have an exercise bike but the seat hurts my butt!

Have a great day everyone!

Well done you for doing the Leslie Sansone walking vid!

They do take it out of you at first - but after a week a work friend and I walked to lunch and she said she could really notice that i was able to walk a bit faster and not pant constantly when I was talking (makes me sound like a dog lol).

Leslie Sansone is so upbeat and encouraging, I think that's what I really like about the videos. It almost doesn't feel like a workout (but it is one to me!)

haha I get the panting when trying to walk and talk, it's not fun and is pretty embarrassing to be so out of shape I can't even walk at a normal pace and have a conversation. That'll all change very soon though.

Last year (May 2013) I went on holiday to Great Yarmouth with my family for my 30th birthday because I love the seaside soooo much. The night before my birthday I slipped and fell out of the caravan (I can laugh about it now!) and broke my finger, bruised myself pretty much from head to toe and banged my head.
That didn't ruin the holiday though, what ruined the holiday was the fact that even before that I couldn't walk about without having to sit down for a rest every few minutes :( When I hurt myself I was kind of glad because no-one expected me to go out any more, I just stayed in the caravan the rest of the time.

We have booked another holiday for next May, back to Great Yarmouth.
Next time I WILL be slimmer and I'll be able to enjoy myself and go to all the places I didn't get to go last time because I was too fat and unhealthy to walk about.
I also hope to not break any bones when we're there!

Today's food - Tues 12th Aug 2014. Day 5

Breakfast
- 50g Tesco apricot wheats
- 200ml semi skimmed milk
- 1 banana (I know I had 2 yesterday but I bought some from Tesco and they are nearly off already so eating them up)

Lunch
- 200g New potatoes, boiled
- 50g Tesco healthy living extra light soft cheese
- 2 quorn fillets
- Tesco sweet chilli dipping sauce
- Cherry tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce, spring onions
- Tesco low fat black cherry yogurt

Dinner
- 250g quorn cottage pie
- 200g weight watchers spaghetti
- 2 wholemeal pitta breads with marmite (just trying to add some extra cals)
- 100g red grapes

Total Calories - 1529
Total Fat - 19g

Last edited:
Awww bless you :) When you hit a hard patch - have a think about what you'd like to get up to and what you'd like to see in GY - it'll more than likely be the best holiday of your life :)

I totally understand about not being able to walk and talk... I used to be exactly the same. I wouldn't be able to hold a conversation... at one point I wouldn't be able to walk to the shop 100 meters away without being bright red, flushed and sweating whilst gasping for breath... so much life lost! :(

You're doing amazingly! :)

I found almonds were good - they're really good for you. I only used to have a handful, I used to split them out in 100 cal portions. :) xx

Morning just found your thread. Wanted to wish you good luck and to say your food menus look really tasty. I am just starting day 4 of orlistat and calorie counting so its still a litter daunting for me checking all the labels but im getting there lol. A holiday is a really good target to aim for im sure you will do great. Anyway. Just going into doctors for a fasting blood test then on to work. Have a good day. Take care x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Warning...RANT AHEAD!!

Oh I am sooooooo not in a good mood this morning :badmood:

First of all I had a sneaky weigh in (not weigh day until Friday) and I've only lost 4lbs so far this week. Even after exercising EVERY day, and yesterday I did the 1 mile walk video TWICE.
Now I *know* what you're all gonna say, that 4lb is a great loss!
BUT it's my first week and I expect more than that!!
Being on VLCD's in the past I've always lost at least a stone in the first week and the first time I did xenical I lost 10lbs in the first week.
This time round I have more to lose but it's coming off slower :(
And I think I know what it is...I'm having to eat loads of carbs to get my calorie intake up and carbs are not doing me any good.
I don't know what to do.
As soon as I saw the 4lb loss the first thing I thought was to move back to a VLCD now I have the support of you lovely lot here. Or maybe come off xenical so I can eat eggs and nut and other things with good fats in them, but still calorie count using MFP.

Another thing that is really really p*ssing me off is that my brother...who got MARRIED in June...is still living here with me and not with his wife! They're not even looking for a place to live :confused:
He is lazy and I want him to move out but he wont.
Him moving in here with me was supposed to be temporary, he was supposed to have moved out before his wedding.
He just sits up in his room all day playing on his playstation, he does NO housework, pays for nothing and *****es at me when the house starts to look untidy!
I am 31 and he is 23 btw.
I recently bought a cooker because we didn't have one, he was supposed to pay half but hasn't and still keeps using it.
Same with a new fridge freezer.
He just keeps saying he wont pay for them because 'he wont be here long'
He refuses to clean anything so it's all left to me.
I HATE this situation that I'm in.
I only moved here in March because the 2 years before that I was living in the flat from hell, my neighbours were terrorising me daily (that's a whole other forum post) and it was meant to be a fresh start for me but my brother is putting a downer on everything :sigh:

Sorry for the huge rants everyone. But I don't really have anyone to talk to about these things.

Have a great day everyone. x

Blue my love, sorry if this is a bit harsh but - CHANGE THE LOCKS!!!!

Seriously hun, what on earth is he playing at? I think it's time for some seriously tough love - when he goes out (he must go out sometime?), turf all his stuff out, and get the locks changed - and do not give him a set. He needs to get off his behind and sort his life out without making you miserable!!!!

As to the 4lb loss, yes it is fab, but I can completely get where you're coming from - I lost 10lb in my first week of low carb - but I have put it all back on again since, so I have finally come round to accepting that slow and steady losses are the only way I'm going to reach my target weight.

This is just my opinion but I would stop taking the xenical and go onto a full CC menu, so you can eat things like eggs, cut back on the carby stuff and have some good oils - a tsp of coconut oil is supposed to have massive health benefits and will bring your cal level up - that's what I'm going to take on low cal days.

Just to say, hon, that most people I know on the Xenical forum were fine with eggs (can't speak personally as I detest the things, lol). When I was on it I only paid attention to my calorie intake, not the fat, so it was just a normal CC diet for me. :) xx

i agree with susue your brother is a married man now turf him out change the locks and enjoy your life hun you deserve it x x x

Thank you all :)
I keep trying to talk to him about the situation but he's like a moody teenager and all I get are grunts or one word answers in reply to what I'm saying.
Ha......I just asked him if he'd be gone by Christmas (because I want to start organising my living room, decorations, who is coming over etc as we have a huge family) and he said probably not!
Definitely time for some tough love.

I have had breakfast and haven't taken my xenical. I think I will stop taking it and see how I go. Carbs don't seem to agree with me, I feel bloated and heavy :(
I'm sure it stays in my system for a few days still so I'm not going to try certain things just yet.

I've been reading a lot about JUDDD and 5:2, maybe that's something I could try.
Lots to think about today.

I'm the same with carbs - when I have oats in the morning, by afternoon I'm as windy as Chicago :D Sudden movements to be avoided :whistle:

Today's food - Weds 13th Aug 2014. Day 6

Breakfast
- 45g Tesco special flake cereal (dry)
- 200ml semi skimmed milk
- 1 banana (got rid of those stupid bananas that had gone all brown!)

Lunch
- 250g quorn cottage pie
- Cherry tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce
- Sweet chilli sauce (I am loving the stuff on salad!)

Dinner
- 2 wholemeal pitta breads
- Cherry tomatoes
- 50g Tesco healthy living extra light soft cheese
- 1 low fat raspberry yogurt

Total Calories - 1151
Total Fat - 16g

Last edited:
I have decided I am going to be trying the 4:3 diet, I'm eating low calories now and struggling to finish things (weird when I could usually polish off a family sized bag of crisps, choc bar AND then have a huge meal!)
So this way I won't have to keep forcing myself to eat lots every day and end up feeling bloated and sluggish, my tummy is sooooo bloated right now it hurts. I know that's my fault for eating so many carbs but being veggie and eating low fat means there isn't much else to have!

So starting tomorrow I will be having 'Down Days' on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday and 'Up Days' on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
Calories for my down days have to be no more than 693 and I may stick to a VLCD on my down days as I have lots of packs left over to use up.
I'm not quite sure how to work out my up days calories but the little calculator thingy I used says 3467, I'm a little confused about that but I think on up days I will stick to no more than 1800.
The calculator I used is this one (scroll down to the bottom)
UpDayDownDay Diet™ Plan – How to Succeed

Fingers crossed this works for me, if it doesn't then it's back to regular calorie counting...no falling off the wagon!

Here to subscribe. Good luck with the 4:3 fasting diet. There are often cheap/free kindle books on Amazon about the fasting diets. If the carbs don't agree with you then there is nothing worse than feeling you have to eat them! You sound very determined and what from I have seen in this section of Minis there is some great support here, so you can do it!

Today's food - Thurs 14th Aug 2014. Day 7

Can't believe I'm on day 7 already! It's gone so quick and I haven't really felt like I've been on a diet at all.
Anyway as I am going to be trying the 4:3 diet, today is a Down Day.
If I struggle with 4:3 I can change to 5:2 or just go back to regular calorie counting every day. As long as I keep at it and don't fall off the wagon that's what counts.
To start with I'm going to be doing 3 meal replacements and a small meal, just to use some slim and save packs up I have left over.

Breakfast
- Slim and Save Chocolate shake

Lunch
- Slim and Save spicy spaghetti

Dinner
- 2 quorn fillets
- Cherry tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce
- Sweet chilli sauce

Snack
- Slim and Save cafe latte shake

​Total Calories - 605

Good luck with your Down Day. You are well prepared. I always think that is a very depressing name for the fasting days though. I think they should be called something more positive like 'Melting away days' or shrinking days, although melting away days would no doubt be shortened to MAD, so I suppose that's worse! LOL.

haha I love it! I'd rather have MAD days than Down days :D
Maybe I could call them low and high days.
When my brother asked why I wasn't having a normal breakfast I said 'I'm having a down day' and he thought I meant in terms of my depression/anxiety and asked if I needed to go to the doctors! Bless him, he's alright sometimes.

Well so far so good, I always do fine the first few days of a VLCD so having meal replacements a few times a week will not be a struggle at all.
Then being able to eat normal food on the other days means I should be able to stick to this long term.

I have been reading some posts in the JUDDD section but I'm getting confused with everything, some people do 1 day up and 1 day down and keep going like that, some are doing 2 days down and the rest up, and some are doing 3 days down and 4 up...and everyone is having a different amount of calories on their down days!
So I'm just going to stick to what I have said...no more than 690 on my down days and no more than 1800 on my up days (unless it's a special occasion)
As I lose weight those numbers may change but if they are working for me for now I'm going to stick to them.

All the best with 4:3 Blue, and a good way to use up the sachets! :)

I did try 5:2 but wasn't disciplined enough and on the non fast days I ate for England :eek:

Back