Blue's Daily Diary

Things have been going good :D
I have stopped being totally obsessive about writing out my food diaries. My cpn said I have an obsessive personality and whatever I do it is always all or nothing with me, there is no inbetween.
I've been constantly thinking about what I should and shouldn't be eating and I think that was making me feel pretty crappy in a way, I was worrying about it a lot...was I eating enough/too much/too many carbs/enough veg/was I exercising enough etc etc and my head was feeling muddled a lot.
So I've relaxed a little bit!
I am keeping a food diary at home and use MFP to check calories that aren't listed on packets/tins of things I'm eating.
I'm feeling a lot better about things now.

I'm loving being back at a gym!
Like last time I started I nearly died just doing 30 minutes of cardio but I'll get fitter (just like last time)
Might join up for aqua aerobics on a Friday :D

Anything that works for you has to be a bonus :D

Eeee! 5lb!! Wow! Well done lovely :D congratuwell done! :D

Thank you both :D
I know I'm losing a lot at first because I have so much to lose, wasn't expecting 5lbs at all though.

My mood has lifted back up so that's the best thing ever.
Got a friends BBQ to go to tomorrow, will make sensible decisions but I'm not going to stick to just salad. This isn't a diet I'm on, it's a lifestyle change and I need to be able to fit in normal meals out (I only go out to eat every 4 moths or so, not every week)

Hope you're all having a fab Friday. x

Thank you both :D
I know I'm losing a lot at first because I have so much to lose, wasn't expecting 5lbs at all though.

My mood has lifted back up so that's the best thing ever.
Got a friends BBQ to go to tomorrow, will make sensible decisions but I'm not going to stick to just salad. This isn't a diet I'm on, it's a lifestyle change and I need to be able to fit in normal meals out (I only go out to eat every 4 moths or so, not every week)

Hope you're all having a fab Friday. x

Enjoy it hun :) xxx You've got to have a life and - after all - you'll be doing it for life... you've got to factor life in! :)

[this post was brought to you by the word 'life' ;)]

i agree i always say its a life changing journey x x x

Hope you had a wonderful bbq love :) Even if it has been a bit funny weather-wise.

It is a life change isn't it, Chezz :)

Well I haven't fallen off the wagon (or the face of the earth!!)
I've just been a busy bee!

I've been in a really good mood the last few days.
Lots of positive things happening.
Although had my pics taken for a magazine yesterday and got told by the photographer that I look about 12 (I'm 31)!!

Weighed in for week 3 yesterday and have lost
3lbs
Which makes that a total of 16lbs loss in 3 weeks *dances* :D

Ooooh magazine?! Are you seeeeeecretly a bit famous on us? ;)

Well done hun :D That is an amazing loss! :) And especially in the three weeks too :D

hahaha no definitely not a secret celeb...I would never be able to put up with all the cameras in my face and fake/posy pictures being taken!
Had it done twice now (once for paper, once for a mag) and hated both times.
No, I mentioned before about sexual abuse happening. It was kinda all over the news anyway, papers etc contacted me and wanted my story so I thought why the heck not, papers were writing crap about me anyway so I wanted to get my side of the story out there.

Ok....please don't all shout at me :hide:
But I'm going to be giving a vlcd a go for a little while.
I've had a bad weekend food wise and I have also been told if my bloods come back 'bad' next time I will definitely be diagnosed with diabetes :( I have been borderline for years now. My doctor is the one who mentioned low carb and vlcd's. He has patients who have lost 7 stone this year so far and their bloods have returned to normal.
So I'm going to do a vlcd to see if it will get my stupid blood sugars under control and then I will get back to a regular diet.

hope all goes well love x x x

Awwww hun! Well done to you for getting your side out. I really hope that it's a weight off your shoulders to speak about it and show how strong you are. Screw the press - you are AWESOME! (and you are our seeeeecret celeb ;) x)

I hope your other plan works too :) xxx

i agree love you go your side out x x x x

Good luck on the vlcd, not here to criticise, but support all the way.

so how low is low?? Interested to see how you get on, Some days I'm so busy I can easily forget breakfast or lunch, but trying really hard not to do that and making sure I get over 1200 a day, cos it seems below that is some kind if 'danger zone' but I don't know how much I really believe about 'starvation mode' etc, cos after all, people who have had gastric bands lose weight really well, and they don't hardly get to eat anything?!

Good luck on the vlcd, not here to criticise, but support all the way.

so how low is low?? Interested to see how you get on, Some days I'm so busy I can easily forget breakfast or lunch, but trying really hard not to do that and making sure I get over 1200 a day, cos it seems below that is some kind if 'danger zone' but I don't know how much I really believe about 'starvation mode' etc, cos after all, people who have had gastric bands lose weight really well, and they don't hardly get to eat anything?!

Yes, it's important to eat way over 1,200 when you've got a lot to lose. The best thing is to calculate your BMR and not eat below that. Starvation mode definitely exists, I can personally attest to that, lol. I started off on 2,000, which to be honest was probably too low for someone of 21.5 stone, but it was ok. Then I was able to gradually decrease it down to my current 1,400 (three years later). VLCDs are completely different, of course, as they're formulated to make sure you can get all your required nutrition on much lower calories, and you also go into ketosis. And with weight loss surgery I believe you have to take loads of supplements to make up for the lack of nutrients. :) xx

Back