Book club. The Hunger Games...

Corkscrew said:
LOL I read the first two pages, but I shall start properly now :D lol

Glad you're enjoying it :D

You'll catch me up then it's such an easy read you'll not want to put it down x

I just got to part three 64% though an I don't think I'll be giving much away by saying I shed my first tear and said my first 'omg' out loud ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Work is very much getting in the way of my reading time lol darn it!

I know!! I'm thinking of putting a days holiday in on Friday to catch up with you all! :8855:

You'll catch me up then it's such an easy read you'll not want to put it down x

Lynica, I woke up at 4am this morning, so I stayed up and got a head start on mi weekend chores so I have more reading time! lol

I just got to part three 64% though an I don't think I'll be giving much away by saying I shed my first tear and said my first 'omg' out loud ;)

I hope you're not expecting me to report my progress in percentages! lol

Corkscrew said:
I know!! I'm thinking of putting a days holiday in on Friday to catch up with you all! :8855:

Lynica, I woke up at 4am this morning, so I stayed up and got a head start on mi weekend chores so I have more reading time! lol

I hope you're not expecting me to report my progress in percentages! lol

Why yea of course!
My kindle tells me so - doesn't yours?

Of course it does, but it just sounds so...............anal :D:giggle: A bit like we should be wearing anoraks and going train spotting! LOL

Do I watch the film trailer or not ????

I've seen the trailer Ly - I'd say get to chapter 6ish and then watch as nowt much happens in the trailer thats revealed any later part of the book -
You could watch it now actually as once again you don't see much :)

Corky I only go train spotting at the weekends :(

Bit gutted as the film was originally an 18 for the violence but they have apparently left rather a lot of that out of the movie to make it a 12 - which always says to me the books are going to be better than the movie - although I guess that's always the way really!

Think I'll leave it cause it can sway your own images (like harry potter) when you see who they cast as the main characters. Hopefully finish the first book before film is on.

lynica said:
Think I'll leave it cause it can sway your own images (like harry potter) when you see who they cast as the main characters. Hopefully finish the first book before film is on.

Good plan Ly - I must admit the girl who plays catnip looks how I would imagine her to look - but not at all like I expect peeta or gale to look so I'm sticking to my own images there lol

Roziee said:
Ready to start talking :D have read first 3 chapters now!

Ooooh nice one rozie! How are you finding it? It gets sooo much better too!

Emmey1 said:
Ooooh nice one rozie! How are you finding it? It gets sooo much better too!

Oh it's good! Can I talk about it now? I don't want to start talking without spoiling the storyline..

I haven't had time to read any today :( I won't catch up until tomorrow I'm afraid :(

Corkscrew said:
I haven't had time to read any today :( I won't catch up until tomorrow I'm afraid :(

Corks I'll come over and do your work and chores etc so you can read - oh oh OR I can record myself reading the book aloud so you can listen while at work lol

I'm afriad if I had to listen to it being read to me, I may have to stab the reader in the head :D Tis very annoying (unless one is a blind person) and I'm a tad too old for Jackanory! :8855:

I'll catch up tomorrow, you mark my words :p

I hope you don't mind me joining you, Lynica recommended the book to me and I'm just downloading it to my kindle now x

Back