Cambridge Diet Weightloss Record Thread. Please add your story!

My weekly +/- on my signature. Due to re-start SS in the next week or so! x

This thread has been so excellent for someone who only started just under 2 weeks ago!!!

Well my story is, I started this journey at 23 stone 4lbs feeling quite depressed about my weight but pretending for it not to let it bother me. I was quite happy to be 'invisible' but when it came to being too fat for Evans, enough was enough!!!!!! I started at a size 30/32 and it scares me. I am 30 years old and 2 weeks into the diet, I have lost 15lbs. That's amazing to me. I want to lose weight to get my life back but also to find the real me. I wear clothes that fit me, not ones that I 'like' Yes, I do make sure that I look OK for work and I always do my makeup and hair because I've been able to 'control that' but I'm sick of people saying that I've got 'such a pretty face' I would love someone to think I had a nice ass!! (other than my bf!! :p )

So, I'm so excited to have found this forum, it has really helped me to get over the first few days of the diet that were very hard for me. But now, I am finding it quite good, I just love it, I'm so excited about my future and one day I hope to post my before and after pictures!!! :D

Just wanted you all to know to hang in there if you don't get the weigh in results you want . . . I have been on ss for 3 weeks - BUT - i have cheated with cheese and meats, then had a ball to attend on Friday, which I did and drank red wine, had AWFUL hangover Saturday, so had a bit of a blow out with pizza, fish & chips . . . . :( . . . . so when got weighed Monday, had gained 2 and 1/4 lb BUT . . . my clothes are loose, so I've got STRAIGHT back onto ss and am doing ok so far . .. . am SO determined to lose weight this time all the way to target, and I've never been as good as this after a blip before! So don't just look at the scales, take note of your clothes, cos that's what matters:)

I will have been on ss for 1 week tomorrrow, had my weigh in today and had lost 13lbs! Can't believe it, so happy and proud!! (cheated a little during week...chocolate flap jack and diet coke!...but alls well that ends well!) Looking forward to another week of weight loss! :D wish me luck!!

WELL DONE TO EVERYONE ELSE, YOU'RE DOING GREAT!!

hi ive been doing ssing for 15 days now and ive lost 15lbs which is fab for me as i have about 15st to loss so ill be around for a while.

for all of u who ve done it thank u for sharing ur storys with us newbies and ur advice. it helps loads
ashley xx

Week 2 weigh in

Want to share my small weight loss, not as impressive as others but I am sticking to it because I am so inspired by the people on this forum.

Start 10 st 12
Week 1 - 7 pound loss
Week 2 - 3 pound loss

Week 3 here I come!

I have just wokred my way through registration to be able to reply to yu! I went to your blog site and thought it was so well done and loved how you are telling your story! I am now in my 7th week and 29lbs gone although struggling this week!

Help!

I started CD sole source plus last sat and don't seem to be losing any weight!! I was expecting to lose over half a stone week 1. Also how do I upload a picture and weight loss ticker onto my profile or threads here?

:(

I started CD sole source plus last sat and don't seem to be losing any weight!! I was expecting to lose over half a stone week 1. Also how do I upload a picture and weight loss ticker onto my profile or threads here?

:(

Welcome Midwife99,

If you follow the instrutions on this link it will show you how to do your weight tracker ticker.

http://www.minimins.com/tutorials/19172-how-setup-weight-loss-ticker-tickerfactory-com.html

:sign0144:When you are a newbie

You are in a group which has no avatar, limited signature space, no Private messaging other members, no sending email to other members and you cannot upload images to the gallery.

When you reach 20 post s's you get avatar privileges and a larger signature space and can upload images to the gallery.

When you reach 50 posts, you get even more signature space, and private messaging and emailing is enabled.

You also need at least 50 posts to become a member of the NLP Private Forum. Subject to availability as there is a waiting list.

I hope you understand the privileges that you will receive for being a long term poster.

Read more...

http://www.minimins.com/introductions/787-mini-s-guided-tour-minimins-website.html

If you need any help be sure to ask.

Love Mini xxx

Thanks so much for your lovely comment, I've also got a facebook where I do have lots of before pictures which are the link is in my signature, so if you want to add me, feel free :D

My weight loss so far :D

Week 1 -13lbs
Week 2 -5lbs
Week 3 -5lbs

Thats all so far lol but am hoping for a loss of at least 5lbs this week and that would be 2 stone in 4 weeks! Feel fantastic, more confident, more energetic....and more optimistic than I ever have (on any of the previous diets i've tried!)

GOOD LUCK AND KEEP IT UP EVERYONE!!
CONGRATS TO ALL THE BIG (AND SMALL) LOSERS!!

Looking forward to next week...
First week weight in 12 lb offffffffff yessssssss.
xxx

Just got started

:talk017:
Im now on week 2 of the cd ss and doing really well. Was so unsure about whether I could do this. Have done every diet under the sun ie ww and sw but always get to a certain point and fall off the waggon. With a great set of friends and also most of us having 3 young children it was easy to take to the wine and nibbles and with my weight gradually creeping up I thought I have to do something now. I am on week 2 and feel fantastic:). I have never been more determined and focussed as I am now and with supportive friends and a great husband I have managed to loose 10lbs in my first week and 4 in my second.:D This has motivated to keep going and I cannot wait to see the new me in a couple of months.

:sign0144: Hello, this is my first posting, so I'll be brief. Just beginning my fourth week on SS, started at 23st 7lb, after second week weigh in on 22st 5lb, (a bit less on my scales.) looking at about another five pounds off at weigh in tomorrow. Please keep up the postings, they are an inspiration and reflect all the problems and fears that i've been suffering in these first few weeks.

:sign0144: Hello, this is my first posting, so I'll be brief. Just beginning my fourth week on SS, started at 23st 7lb, after second week weigh in on 22st 5lb, (a bit less on my scales.) looking at about another five pounds off at weigh in tomorrow. Please keep up the postings, they are an inspiration and reflect all the problems and fears that i've been suffering in these first few weeks.

Welcome to Minimins Martyn - and keep posting! :D

Erm .. see ya tomorrow. Fingers crossed for another 5 lbs loss this week ;):)

Hi Everyone​

I started SS today weighing 16 stone 5 lb's. I feel really positive about the plan but feel really awful. Dont know if I have a touch of flu coming or not. Is it ok to carry on with the plan if im Ill.​

Anyway im getting married in September and have ordered a dress a size smaller than I currently am so thought it was about time I started to do sometning about my weight.​

I have always been a big girl butlost 6 stone a couple of years ago with SW just to regain it when I met my partner. I am hoping that CD will reeducate my eating habits so that I only eat when im full.​

I have never posted on a website before so this is a couple of firsts for me today.​

Thanks for reading.​

Elaine xx​

Hi Elaine

Welcome to Minimins and good luck with CD. If you stick with it, you're bound to be a lot more than just one dress size smaller by the time of your wedding.

You can continue to sole source if you've got a cold or a touch of flu, but just remember that taking a cold remedy like Night Nurse or similar MAY take you out of ketosis as they often have a sugar syrup base ... and keep drinking PLENTY of water to ensure you remain properly hydrated.

Good luck!

Hi Everyone
Nother newbie here:)
Like you SARAH l I'm on week 2 having lost 11lb in 1st week.
I'm feeling great now and loving the diet. I've also tried every diet under the sun and managed to diet my weight up to 16st 9 lb!! I've got 5st to loose and for the first time I really believe I can do it.
This forum is FANTASTIC - thanks everyone for the inspiration to get me going (been a bit of a lurker for a while building upthe courage to give it a go)
Good luck everyone

xxxx

Hello
Im 2 weeks in.. and its official the smallest i have been in about 5 years!.. Hurray!.. my clothes are hanging off (Size 16s!).. so great excuse for a shopping spree this weekend!.. but i wont be buying to much as i will (hopefully!!!) be even smaller in the coming weeks!! :)

I have also set my first goal... i am going on a hen night in Birmingham in 6 weeks... and i want to be looking top notch and in a lovely slinky dress... :) then its off to Cyprus in August for my friends Wedding... lots of incentive to be smaller.. :) cant wait! i just have to some how avoid all the BBQ's this weekend as its going to be sunny!.. any ideas how??... :)

Back