Chicky Noops - Shaking It Up

Yes it was wishful thinking!

I was 12st 13lbs this morning. Can't be disappointed with that though.

Just sipping on a strawberry tetra. I think I might just stick to tetras and bars in my next order as I never really look forward to the soups/porridge like I do the Tetras. I have a lot of shake packets to use up too.

Happy Christmas Eve, everyone!

Morning everyone

Well I survived! Weighed in at 12st 12 this morning so I've lost a pound since Monday - can't grumble with that!

Xmas eve consisted of a few nibbles, nothing major and relatively low carb (bit of cheeseboard and some olives). Xmas day consisted of CD porridge and black coffee for breakfast, Xmas lunch was turkey, 1 pigs in blanket, carrots, 1 parsnip and a bit of gravy. I had a small portion of dessert, 1 x cocktail and 2 x little macaroons then nothing else for the rest of the day as I was stuffed! (oh apart from a glass of fizz watching a scary film in the evening!)

Straight back to normal yesterday - hit the sales at Meadowhall and took my tetra and bar with me. Left DH and DS when they went to KFC for lunch and I continued to look around the shops which was fine by me! I ate my peanut bar whilst they munched on Millie's cookies!

I bought a dress for NYE (size 12, eek!) It's a body con, peplum number and will involve lots of breathing in so I'm hoping a few more 100% days will make it that little bit more comfortable, haha.

DH also treated me to a leather Pandra bracelet with a ball charm that has little mother of pearl hearts on. I love it! Feel a bit guilty as I'd only told him I liked them the other day as an idea for my birthday in March! But he does spoil me, I'm very lucky as he is so supportive of me in everything I do, from this diet to my career (which means he has to be quite hands on with Fin - doing the school runs for example). He has not once tempted me with more food over Xmas, despite him telling me I look fine as I am. If anything, he has been conscious of what he has been eating in front of me and acknowledges that me doing CD might indirectly result in him losing weight (no takeaways, no late evening runs to the shop for wine and whole nut, no meals out at the weekend just for the sake of it!)

I'm getting to the point where the CD products are becoming a little tiresome. I'm definitely going to stick with tetras and bars only in my next order (Monday! First weigh in!) I can't believe it is almost 3 weeks since I embarked on this journey. It has gone fast; I thought it would painfully drag given that I am not being weighed. Can't wait for Monday morning to see what CDC's scales say; I'm aware they won't be as low as the weights I have been recording on here given that I'm weighing first thing and naked! My appointment is at 9.30am so I am tempted to not let anything pass my lips until after then, hehe :)

1 more event to get through (NYE), then a clear path to goal. Can't wait!

Think I'm back in Ketosis today; can't get warm and mouth tastes rank. Also had to force down my first shake at 11.30am.

It was my second attempt at trying the shakes warm - this time the cappuccino flavour. Drinkable, but not enjoyable so I am just going to stick to having them cold now as I really enjoy them like that. I had my first choc mint one last night and didn't want it to end! I shall be definitely stocking up on more of those on Monday! I'm tempted to try some of the fruitier shakes as well - mango or fruits of the forest.

I'm having a lazy day today; Fin's at the in-laws which meant I had a lay in and DH is at work. I'll probably mooch around on here, perhaps read a long CD diary from start to finish (love doing that!) and later have a bath with some of my Xmas Lush goodies :) Lunch will be a peanut bar (yummy) and tea will be a soup (bleurgh but I don't have much left!)

Hope everyone else is having a good day! 3 days to my first WI!

Think I'm back in Ketosis today; can't get warm and mouth tastes rank. Also had to force down my first shake at 11.30am.

It was my second attempt at trying the shakes warm - this time the cappuccino flavour. Drinkable, but not enjoyable so I am just going to stick to having them cold now as I really enjoy them like that. I had my first choc mint one last night and didn't want it to end! I shall be definitely stocking up on more of those on Monday! I'm tempted to try some of the fruitier shakes as well - mango or fruits of the forest.

I'm having a lazy day today; Fin's at the in-laws which meant I had a lay in and DH is at work. I'll probably mooch around on here, perhaps read a long CD diary from start to finish (love doing that!) and later have a bath with some of my Xmas Lush goodies :) Lunch will be a peanut bar (yummy) and tea will be a soup (bleurgh but I don't have much left!)

Hope everyone else is having a good day! 3 days to my first WI!

Well done on getting through Christmas - you did very well!! Im with you on the choc mint, love those and also the lemon bars. Have you tried adding hot water to the choc tetra - lovely, like a hot chocolate!!! Ill probably be reading CD diaries from start to finish as this week has been my 810 and i need to get back to SS tomorrow....midly scared!! Have a great day! :)

Can't wait to hear how your first weigh in goes!! Good luck!

Well done on getting through Christmas - you did very well!! Im with you on the choc mint, love those and also the lemon bars. Have you tried adding hot water to the choc tetra - lovely, like a hot chocolate!!! Ill probably be reading CD diaries from start to finish as this week has been my 810 and i need to get back to SS tomorrow....midly scared!! Have a great day! :)

Never tried the tetra thing - I shall give it a shot next week! Thanks for stopping by - congrats on your losses so far! :) How are you finding the 810? What have you been eating?

Another 100% day almost done. Turned funny in my sleep last night, and I woke myself up by cricking my neck - not good. I've barely been able to move all day and had to ship Fin out to my parents (as DH was at work) instead of meeting friends like we planned :( I couldn't even get out of bed.

It's easing off a bit now thanks to paracetamol and a heat patch. I did have 2 ibuprofen with my bar but won't have any more becuase I know they're not good on an empty stomach.

My Mum rang and gave me hassle about eating something as it's 'more important to relieve the pain' and 'a slice of toast wont make any difference'. Grrr. I just ummed and ahhed as I couldn't be faffed to argue about it.

Going to have to have porridge for tea as I'm low on supplies until Moday. Bleurgh!

Feeling a bit sick today. I think it's the pain from my neck and shoulder which has only eased a little bit.

Last night was tricky, I just couldn't get food out of mind and kept forcing down water to try and alleviate it. Had some Coke Zero too. I managed to refrain but that was probably as close as I have got to saying eff it! Today has been ok as I've not felt great even though we went to Costa which I LOVE! Sat there with my black Americano whilst DH and Fin had lunch (Fin had one of those giant Custard Creams!)

It's my final 'event' tomorrow. NYE at Fazenda in Leeds. I should be able to make reasonable choices food-wise but there will be cocktails involved so I am coming out of Ketosis for the last time and have bought a few bits for a nutritous lunch tomorrow (seeded pitta, cottage cheese, sundried toms, eggs and salad - can't wait!) Thankfully it will be after my first WI which is at 9.30am. That's it then, no more food or alcohol until, erm, well I guess until I need to start moving up the steps. Need to ponder on that some more!

Oh God, I could cry. My CDC has just texted me wanting to postpone until Thursday night! She has an infection after being in hospital so it's not her fault but I haven't been frickin weighed in 3 weeks plus I have no food left (other than a couple of soups :( ). Tomorrow has been the only thing that has been keeping me going. Cry, cry, cry! :(

Bless her, she has taken my food order over text and her hubby is dropping it round in the morning. Booked in for 6pm Thursday... it feels like a lifetime away!

Last edited:
Never tried the tetra thing - I shall give it a shot next week! Thanks for stopping by - congrats on your losses so far! :) How are you finding the 810? What have you been eating?

810 was great - tried to have something different every day so turkey, chicken, tuna, eggs etc. A hint for when you get to 810, obviously meat can be quite dry but if you reduce the amount slightly so 245g to 200g and add 45g of cottage cheese it makes such a difference!!! Goodluck with your weigh in on Thursday and let us know how you get on!!

810 was great - tried to have something different every day so turkey, chicken, tuna, eggs etc. A hint for when you get to 810, obviously meat can be quite dry but if you reduce the amount slightly so 245g to 200g and add 45g of cottage cheese it makes such a difference!!! Goodluck with your weigh in on Thursday and let us know how you get on!!

I shall definitely remember that; I love cottage cheese! (weirdly!)

Ah hun that's so disappointing for you! Don't let it get you down tho and be tempted to stray. Have a fab NY eve and Thursday will be here in no time! If you can't get any packs in the meantime just stick to protein, veg and salad and you'll do great :) Good luck

Bleurgh is all I have to say about today! I am hanging.

Had a great night off plan, made reasonable food choices but drank cocktails which will have been calorie laden. I'm glad I came out of Ketosis, but even with that, my alcohol tolerance is much lower than a couple of months ago!

I felt quite good in my outfit last night. I guess it's the first point that I've felt a difference in myself since starting CWP. I'll post some pics in the second for comparison against earlier photos.

Back on it now and won't be off it until I get to goal. I'm really pleased that I managed to get through the festivities in such a controlled way. I've had my 2 main nights out plus Xmas day and there has been no other cheating in between. I've done it carefully by coming out of Ketosis (and not doing so by eating a Big Mac but sensible, healthy food) and I've got straight back on it afterwards. It wll be nice not to have to do the in/out bit now though! So glad I started before Xmas rather than holding out til Jan at probably 10lbs heavier than where I started.

The above pic was taken exactly a month ago on 1st Dec and 10 days before I started CD.

Below are the pics from last night - no official WI yet but I think my face looks less puffy and I'm definitely trimmer.

nye1.jpg
nye2.jpg

Still got a way to go though!

Hey chick,

Stalking your diary now too ;-)

You look fab in your pic from last night and you can definitely see it not just in your face, well done chick.

Roll on Thursday 100% x

Hey chick,

Stalking your diary now too ;-)

You look fab in your pic from last night and you can definitely see it not just in your face, well done chick.

Roll on Thursday 100% x

Thanks Susie!

Scales are not being too kind this morning which is to be expected after NYE. I'm hoping that I can pull some of it back by WI tomorrow night - I shall up the water intake today and hope for the best!

I've been looking at some low carb recipes for when I get to goal - I'm thinking it will be a good way to maintain but need to read up some more as I've never done it before (other than a 10 day stint on Pig 2 Twig a few years ago).

I'm taking Fin to soft play in a bit and have a couple of trashy magazines to read whilst sipping on black coffee. It will be good to get out of the house after hibernating on the sofa all day yesterday!

Have a good day CDers! :)

Hey chick! Checking in to see how you are!

Hey GG, thanks for popping by! All good here, I survived Xmas/NYE and still feeling very motivated! I'm off to have a catch up on diaries now.

Back