Chunky Dunking, taking the plunge and losing the flab!

Ah I wouldnt worry about it too much if you're not well, You don't always lose weight when you're ill and not eating because your bossy goes onto starvation mode and just stores all the fat, its so not fair! haha

Im slowly getting there, think it will be a miracle if I lose anything this week but got a lot of stress and other things to think about so this is one week that I wont be too hard on myself if its a maintain or a gain. I've got 2 young kids so coffee is a must for me haha.

Your tea sounds lush! I havent got the patience to make paella (I'm quite a good cook but anything with rice I just can't do haha) Hope you're feeling better
.x.x.

I'm sure thr gain was from water retention and such- bodies need way more fluids when ill, especiallys tomach bugs which often leave you dehydrated so am sure it is just yoir body climging to fluids. Drink lotssss!!

Damn, I've been a but laxed on my movie reviews lately but just saw like 5 films this week so will try to get a lil' review rolling at some point :D

Poppin' and stoppin' -what self-control you must have!

Especially when the tube is still sitting in the kitchen, half full as haven't touched anymore! Feeling proud!

Looks like it's going to be a STS this week, but considering the week I've had I'm okay with that!

Plan for today is;

Breakfast: Raspberries, Strawberries and a vanilla MullerLight
Lunch: Punnet of grapes, as I've forgotten my lunch!
Dinner: Lettuce, Rocket and Spinach salad with quick-fried Halloumi and home made croutons

I'm going for a very low calorie week starting today, as need to lose at least 4lbs to meet my X-mas target, I know SW is not about counting calories, but I find it really hard to not pay attention to them, and I'm starting to get a bit obsessed with he amount I'm eating, feels like a bit much.

Thanks for all the loverrrly comments :)

X

Is anyone else having trouble sleeping lately? I seem to be getting to sleep fine but waking up at least 3 times during the night completely wide awake! Hmph.

I officially dropped 2lbs yesterday, so think my body is starting to feel better!

Plan for today;
Breakfast: 1ltr bottle of weak squash and an orange (my OH was lovely and went and brought fruit as I ate all ours...none of it was ripe, so I'm down to the last orange - his fruit of choice)
Lunch: Ham and Salad
Dinner: 2XWW Tuna and Mayo tins (4Syns in total) on 2XWholemeal toasts (HeB)

A scarce diary today, but I've got a half day at work tomorrow, so going grocery shopping - why is it all the good for you food runs out so much quicker than the bad for you food?! :)

X

I think I might start adding my exercise to this too, if nobody minds, because then I wont have an excuse to be lazy! I'm doing pretty well with it at the moment, considering given the choice of going for a jog or doing the ironing, I'd choose the ironing. Last night was cross trainer for 5 minutes (only 5 because my tension cable has snapped in it, and it's knackering me without as much benefit, used to be able to do 20 mins on a higher tension) 10 minutes of 5kg free weights and probably 5 minutes of lunges and squats.

Tonight I'm aiming for 20 minute DIY boot camp (Air-bike, planks, those weird arm raisy-chair things, squats, step-ups and a bit of yoga to cool down) and 5 mins on the Legmaster - which by the way ladies, is really fun and it works, and I know, I know exercise is never fun, but this really is, it's like a mini game of not falling over!

X

I've been a bit AWOL this weekend, find it difficult to post when so busy! Saturday started well, Wheetabix, HeA of milk with some frozen berries, but as we were out all day and starving we nipped into a petrol station (the worst place for nibbles) brought a cheese and onion pasty, a bag of Doritos, a milky-bar and a doughnut - horrendous! I could easily say no to a whole meal, but not snack bits! Got home and did 20 mins of exercise, and hopped on the scales Sunday morning an had lost 2lbs, so not sure what's happened there, as weight loss is till here today! Yesterday had McDonalds chicken salad with small fries, but nothing else all day, so my guess is that although none of the above were slimming word friendly, I stayed well under my calorie limit for the day.

Today shall be better;

Breakfast: Clementine
Lunch: 2XWholemeal toasts with butter and a nectarine
Dinner: Lemon chicken, green beans, broccoli and brown rice.

Hoping to do 20 mins on the cross trainer and Leg master tonight, to get myself back into it.

X

2lbs off today! Counting it as official as my coming week is hectic and probably wont be home long enough to remember to WI. down to 12.6 and only 1lb to go until I've dropped a stone, feeling brill!

Plan for today:
Breakfast: Grapes and an Alpen Light bar (HeB)
Lunch: Rest of the grapes, a nectarine and an orange
Dinner: Tuna, mayo and sweetcorn pasta with a side salad.

Aw thanks Hun, was so worried I'd fail this week after a few off days!

Plan for the day is;

Breakfast: Currently munching my way through a punnet of raspberries
Lunch: A slice of wholemeal toast, some butter (2Syns), strawberries and an orange
Dinner: Vegetable mash, bakes beans and 2 Quorn sausages (2Syns)

Aiming for cross-trainer and free weights this evening!

Are you sure you're eating enough? there doesnt seem to be very much (especially free food) in your food diaries. Obviously if its enough to fill you then thats cool but I know people who haven't lost because theyre not getting enough food, you still have syns and hexa to use. You're doing fab though :) .x.x.

I feel like I'm eating enough, which is weird because I used to be hungry all the time, but honestly I think I'm getting a bit obsessive over my food again, so I'm aware I'm not having enough, in my head I feel like I've failed if I have more than 5 Syns a day, even though I set my limit for 10. I struggle a bit with free food, I'm scared of pasta, it always feels so bad to eat it and you always hear about how it makes people bigger (even though I know I can lose weight eating it!) I'm having a bit of a down week, so think I'm watching it and restricting it more so I don't go overboard and eat my own body weight in something bad!

X

Thats so honest of you. At least you're aware that you're restricting yourself. Would you not consider making mug shots or pasta n sauce if you fancy pasta? theyre free or very low syn, depending on your flavour choice. At least theyre measured amounts and you can't over eat. same goes for cous-cous or jacket potatoes? Fish and chicken are both free foods but speed foods too so they will boost your weight loss and help fill you up. At least your not stuffing your face with bad foods :) I just wanted to make sure youre ok. If theres anything I can do or help with just let me know :hug99: .x.x.x.

I'm very aware of it, it's part a control thing and part a "not losing quick enough!" thing. I'm quite partial to Mugshots, but they feel so fake, which in my head means full of bad stuff. I've brought a load of haddock and cod fillets to have with green veg, so hopefully that'll fill me up - didn't know they were speedy! You're being so kind, thank you so much. I thought Slimming World would be right for me, as with strict diets I get hooked on low calorie, but think it's the same no matter what I'm on. At least with a food diary I can keep track and make sure I'm eating enough!
X

At least with SW you can have a little more freedom to eat stuff, if and when you let yourself. Is it maybe the stress of Christmas not helping matters? I've noticed Im not eating enough recently. I know what you mean about eating mugshots though if I have one I usually over compensate with sf on the side. The sachets of quick cook cous cous are nice with fish, just put it in a jug or bowl with the water and pop a plate on top, leave it to stand for 5 minutes and its cooked, makes a nice salad for lunches too. Hope you can go a bit easier on yourself, at least you know this plan and are still doing diaries :) .x.x.x.

Thanks for all your advice! :)

Plan for today is;

Breakfast: Skipped as not hungry, but will have some strawberries to pick at in a bit
Lunch: Orange and some wholemeal toast with butter (HeB + 2Syns)
Dinner: To be decided, the OH is picking me up early from work for some Christmas shopping in Brighton, so will see what I fancy, think I've saved up enough Syns for something nice.

definitely treat yourself, you deserve it! If you're a flexi synner youve saved plenty over the last few days to enjoy something really nice :) .x.

I've been a very naughty girl tonight, feeling very guilty and VERY fat, had full works at harvester, chips, onion rings, sauces, potato salad....feeling like crap now! Didn't even enjoy it as much as I thought I would! Firmly back on the wagon tomorrow girls!
X

Popping in to sub.

By the looks of your food diary this week you've saved up enough syns for tonight. Just draw a line under it and start afresh tomorrow. I know what you mean though about not enjoying some meals out as much, such a let down when that happens!

Back