Chunky Dunking, taking the plunge and losing the flab!

Hi Cheese Thief - love your name! I'm hoping it'll work out about the right amount of Syns, I've put on 0.5lb this morning, but I can shift that again by WI I hope, as not really a Christmassy food person!

Plan for today;
Breakfast: Orange
Lunch: 1XWholemeal toast with butter (2Syns), orange, styrawberries
Dinner: 1XWholemeal toast, Tuna (WW - 2Syns) and a salad

Hoping for some decent exercise today, I've got another afternoon off from work to prep for our Christmas get-together with friends tomorrow, so will hop on the cross trainer when I get home - maybe do some DIY boot camp. Need to lose 1lb to get to my December target, so hoping for that at least, if not to smash it!!
X

I would just make sure you're having enough food so that your body doesnt start storing anything you do eat. The beauty of SW is for it to work you need to eat (please don't feel like Im telling you off, I just want you to get the best results) Maybe stick some baked beans on your toast and they'll fill you AND theyre a speed food? If all your eating is fruit too then you will have to take into account the sugar levels as youre not getting an even share of vitamins and goodness from a variety of foods.x.x.

Ha don't worry, I don't feel told off in the slightest, every bit of advice and help welcome and you've been a huge support!.

I haven't had lunch yet, so might have my tuna in a sandwich when I get home instead and do an omelet with beans and salad for tea as feeling hungry today. I think it's because I lost it so quickly last time, I associate lack of food with losing weight quicker, which I know's not the case with SW. It's almost self punishment I guess "you've been bad so now you must have very little!", trying to get into the mindset of it being a lifestyle instead of a diet, which I think will help me - as definitely can't starve forever!

X

I think half the battle is realising where you maybe arent doing the plan 100%. Which you've got, now its just implementing the changes. Your changes for today are fab though, its great that you're thinking about having something more because youre hungry. I just like to share the SW love haha and Im full of it after this mornings group.x.x.

I always felt like hunger was supposed to be a good thing for diets, I struggle even now I know it works to get my head round some of SW's ideas!

Oh brill, your weight loss so far is amazing! So inspiring!
X

I am well and truly failing at the moment!
I let myself have Saturday off, because it was our Christmas buffet with friends, I was good (probably clocked up 10 Syns) whilst they were there...the moment they left I stuffed my face with cheese, chutney and crackers *Bangs head against wall*, managed to maintain weight though, so not too bad, then yesterday we went out for lunch, I had a salad with Chorizo (5 Syns maybe?) chicken and a delicious smoked tomato mayonnaise (hate to imagine!) with a side of chips - it was literally the best meal I've ever eaten in my life, I'm craving it again today - I'm not sure it was the healthiest choice, but it was the only salad on the menu and it was either that or fish and chips!
Followed that with a bacon and egg sandwich for dinner and a milky bar - anybody wanna take a guess at how many syns my weekend consisted of, because I DO NOT!.

I'd gladly have the salad again - now please?, my thinking is it was probably 10/12 Syns for the whole meal, it was a small (probably 10 at most) bowl of chips, and I did share it (reluctantly) with the OH.

Today so far;

Breakfast: nada
Lunch: Wholemeal toast (HeB) with some chicken pate (3 Syns) and a handful of pistachio nuts
Dinner: Not sure, have lost my mojo, knackered, fed up of the weather and wanting something quick and easy.

As you can see, my lovely ladies, I am not doing too well at the mo, and my superfree is non-existent!
X

My SF went out of the window for a few days and I had to have a word with myself. I mean really, just because I have people visiting or its christmas is no reason to not grab a banana or a satsuma when I can/want.

You will find your mojo again and get back in your SW groove. Just draw a line under it and start a fresh.

Maybe try looking through and find some new recipes to try? see if there is something that can get you interested in it again.x.x.

I've managed to STS, and had my last day off yesterday - back on the wagon today with a clear mindset! Bloody miracle to not have gained, all things considered!

Plan for today!

Breakfast: Banana (feeling knackered and grumpy as at work, so not up to eating much!)
Lunch: WW Tuna and Mayo (2Syns) in 2XWholemeal break (HeB) with rocket
Dinner: Will either be a cheddar and mushroom omelet with a side of bacon and beans, or a poached egg with bacon and beans with veggies - so either variation on bacon and eggs!

I've got a banger of a headache today, so will probably do a small amount of exercise and then chill out with a film and have an early night - not pushing myself if I'm not up to it, as it will only put me off doing it in future!

X

Really struggling at the moment, can't seem to stop eating all the wrong thing - though having eaten them all now means my house has only healthy items left so can' be all that bad can it?! I'm so hungry this weekend, brought an exercise DVD so going to get back to it when my dogs decide to stop jumping on me every time I get up to do it, hoping tomorrow will be better as they're at doggy day care!

I've got 1 more WI on 1st Jan to complete my december target (2lbs away at the mo), but have to promise myself I'll start being good again, why is there always so much yummy and bad food left over from Christmas?!

My plan for the day is out the window, will be having SW friendly fish and chips tonight but have already had crisps and 2 cheese mugshots today so not looking good!
X

I believe the bad eating was a premonition of the now stinking rotten cold I've developed! It is my anniversary today, I have a cold, I am at work, I am not a happy bunny and I cant seem to get full!

Exercise DVD yesterday was a success, though feeling it in my muscles today! My plan for today is not fail safe though, brought fruit in for breakfast, only to find once I peeled it the insides had gone off! So breakfast was skipped, and replaced by an 11am snack of Mugshot - seriously my body seems to be craving these non-stop at the moment!

Lunch: Ham Salad and another mugshot (4Syns total) - thanks to my OH who packed my lunch for me today and thought 2 of them and a moldy banana would be a good idea...
Dinner: I'm gunning for steak and SW chips with veg and my Stepdads amazing gravy (recipe gifted today as I've been begging since the 25th) or a WW sweet and sour ready meal (6syns) - so either meal will take me to my 10syn mark.

I'm allowing myself a little of what I fancy as I'm ill, I know I shouldn't, but my logic is if my body is hungry it's for a reason - I'll just try and fill it up with fruit and veg when I get home!

Anyone else struggling at the moment?
X

You are definitely not the only one struggling!

The last thing I can be bothered to do atm is cook properly, terrible I know but its true. Both of my kids have had this horrible bug thats going around and now I'm coming down with a cold. I will say I think Im fighting it of better than I ever would have because of my fruit and healthier food intake. I do I like Im limiting myself and seeing it as a diet this week (I really want to end this year and start next year with a loss) trying to get back to basics.x.x.

My good intentions to get back to the gym have ended with buying new trainers haha.

Between Christmas festivities and the awful amount of bugs and colds going around at the moment, I'm surprised I haven't just eaten a whole pizza to myself yet - that's my only comfort, I might be struggling, but I haven't given up completely, just gone over my Syns everyday but not stuffed my face like before - all I really want to do is cuddle up in my jammies with a big Chinese (fingers crossed this doesn't happen!), so I might be shoving in Mugshots like they've stopped making them, but at least it could be worse!!

Are you kids feeling any better? can't be easy looking after them, having a cold AND trying to eat within rules! My immune system is awful, I catch everything - my other half will get the sniffles for 2 days and then I get full blown body broken flu, silly weak body! I thought with the amount of exercise I've been doing it might help me get fitter and beat things but it doesn't seem to be working!

X

I'm so so tempted to admit defeat and just start again in January, but don't want to undo all my hard work!

Don't do it! You will regret it so much. Even if you go over your syns or use flexi-syns at least you are aware of what you're doing (even if its 'naughty')

If you want a pizza, have it, get the wanting it out of your system. Or make a gammon pizza? Use a gammon round, grill it, add your sauce of choice, add onion and sliced mushroom, grill again, add anything else you like, chicken, pepper, spinach, sweetcorn. grill slightly, then add grated cheese. If you use your HexA allowance of cheese it is CRAZY how much you can have. You could even get a brown finger roll, make your own garlic butter and then grill it for some garlic bread.

The kids are just starting to get over it *fingers crossed* the puking and coughing has all but stopped. It means we've been stuck in the house loads to theyre both starting to get cabin fever I think bless them.

Could you not make a SW chinese? if you do diet coke chicken but use a can of diet irn bru instead it tastes like sweet and sour. Or just use a blue dragon type sauce and they arent THAT high in syns (especially when comapred to take out) Or just have take out and syn it? My consultant always says "one meal does not a week ruin." So if there's something you really want, just have it!

Hope you're feeling better soon too.x.x.

I'm flexi-synning tonight (though still don't really get it) we've ordered a chinese, but done better choices than usual, egg rice instead of special, beef and mushroom instead of chicken balls and 1 large veggie roll - figured less pastry - instead of a bag of little ones. I've set my limit today at 25 Syns, meaning if I have none tomorrow I can split it between two and feel okay about it.

I tried the Fanta sweet and sour thing a few weeks back and hated it, i think I'd rather just have a day off and get the real stuff! I've made boy put 2 cod fillets out to defrost over-night and put green veggies in a bag ready to boil, so tomorrow should be okay because I'll have no choice but to do it. Monday we're going out, but it's a restaurant that serves a delicious salad so wont have a problem with that. Think I just need a night of comfort food tonight. I wouldn't normally mind but seem to have been struggling for a few days, so wary about putting on weight now! Still though, tomorrow is a brand new day, I may WANT to eat better tomorrow!

Oh bless them, I hope they're okay, never nice being sick, especially when you're little and it's Christmas time!

X

Its so good that youre aware you WANT to make better choices,

There is nothing wrong with having a takeaway and it sounds like youve got quite a good grasp of flexi syns. basically give yourself an allowance and work backwards.

.x.x.x
sorry, im drunk lol

How many Syns was that booze? :p

Plan for today:

Breakfast: Banana
Lunch: Quorn chicken and Bacon salad (lettuce, rocket, spinach)
Dinner: Cheesy (HeA) breaded (HeB) cod, SW chips with broccoli, green beans and spinach

Not doing any exercise tonight as core work out has made me feel like I've been kicked in the ribs repeatedly! Hoping weather is good tomorrow - if it is we'll be going for a walk at beachy head followed by lunch out, but if not the plan is Syn free food and some decent cardio!

The wine was all of the syns and then some (25, just checked) haha. My friends then went to the pizza shop afterwards! I was so tempted to get one but I resisted and didnt even have a bite of theirs! I was well proud, especially for how hammered I was haha.x.x.

Ha victory, forget the wine, not like you do it all the time anyway, looks like we both had the same amount of Syns last night!

Back