Chunky Dunking, taking the plunge and losing the flab!

haha, sometimes these things just need to be done!

I was aiming for a SE day yesterday so my food was good, had no other syns and SE planned until weigh in on friday morning.x.x.

Congrats on a STS! Fantastic :D other people have repirted +10's etc so you go girl!

Did you have a nice chinese? I was reallycrabing one yesterday. So hard to get back into the swing of thigs after being given some freedom- makes me realise why maintaining is always reported as so tricky!

Flexisynning is an odd one- basically you allow.yourself x amount of syns before hand and then draw a line under it and.continue as normal. You arent guarenteed a loss but the idea is that you dont deprive yourself and then fall off the wagon entirely, or just go crazy on syns since you've gone over anyway.
What you did by planning a low syn day the next day is more like weekly syns where you tally 105 syns at random portions through the week. It is much more likely to get you a good loss! The only reason they suggest flexisyns rather than that is because some people just crack on the low syn days to compensate and end up giving up on weight loss all together. If you are strong willed and can manage a low syn day or two to make up for a high syn one then you will have better results on the scales!

I think it is kinda convenient that we have the start of a new year right after binge season- means we can really start afresh after cooling off for a few days after xmas!
X

Thanks! I feel like I should have put on about a stone! Think keeping the exercise going and having ok - not great but ok- days in between helped, just stuck with craving everything bad now! Oh the Chinese was glorious, only problem is is that I could SO eat another one.

I think I can manage a low syn day today, especially as been stuck at work without access to food and Boy is cooking dinner tonight, tomorrow will probably be a normal day and then I'll just carry on as normal (hopefully), think it definitely helps with having New Years, but so glad I started before Christmas, otherwise I'd be huge now and probably wouldn't have lasted long with the resolution.

You're so close to target!! :)

X

No, okay...I' a horrible terrible liar of a girl. I did not manage a low Syn evening....I did in fact have a strop, eat my own body weight in incredibly bad food and regret it terribly afterwards. But if anything it's given me a wake up call, and it was delicious, so all is not lost. I have woken up this morning still ill, but with a new found longing for successful weight loss! I started the morning with Bacon, eggs and mushrooms. A meal so delicious I repeated it for lunch, but with more mushrooms and a few handfuls of spinach Dinner tonight - if I can eat it (feeling very full!) Will be cod, chorizo, green veggies and yet more spinach.

Still can't be any exercise, waiting for my abdomen muscles to heal, but then I shall return with full vigour to my work-outs!

I'm back in full swing ladies! Wish me luck! :D

X

Day number 2 of being back on plan!

Breakfast: Grapes, delicious grapes!
Lunch: Quorn chicken salad (Rocket, spinach, lettuce)
Dinner: Bakes beans with mushrooms on toast (HeB) with a sprinkle of cheese (HeA) or homemade chicken tikka massala

If I get peckish I've got a pack of velvet crunch (4Syns) and a free mugshot on standby, hoping for a low syn day (but look what happened last time I said that!), rib/ab area slowly getting better so going to do some little free weights tonight just so my arms don't feel unloved, should be back up and running by tomorrow.

Feels so good to be back!
X

Last edited:
Glad you're back! That's the most.important thing; having a binge day is made 3839287 times worse by fallig off the wagon! So well done!
Carefull attempting low syn days while gettimg back into the swing; depriving yourself when you've had some time of more treats than usual can lead to more binges.
Besides- weight loss all bottles down to callories so there's technically no difference if you want a nice taste and use 250 calories on a mugshot or 250 calories on 12.5 syns of chocolate etc. Mugshots fill you longer of course but are a bad practise if you have a meal planned for soon or arent that hungry; I'd choose the chocolate and get my cravings in check ;)

Man, you've made me want a chineseeee :D

Ah, I'm so sorry! My aim was to have a really low syn one, and do beef and mushroom with plain rice, but when you're looking at the menu it never works out like that!!
I've always been a savory person, rather than sweet - so luckily chocolate bars and sweeties don't really tempt me all that much...just don't mention crisps and all will be fine! Luckily, all the bad food is now out of my house, so unless I want to walk to Tesco in the pouring rain I'll have to have fruit and veg to snack on!

I just can't seem to get full in the past week, even with the Chinese, I ate so much more than I would have before dieting, and I could have still totally polished off a dessert. My body just refuses to feel full up. I normally have trouble finishing meals, so the OH has the rest, but I feel like I've not stopped eating!

X

Morning lovelies, I am so bloody glad it's Friday - feel like the past 3 weeks have been non-stop work, even Christmas! My body feels so run down, I'm going to have a lazy Saturday, chill out, watch films in my PJ's and then Sunday will probably (weather depending) go on a lovely long walk and pick back up on the workout front.

Plan for the day:

Breakfast: 1 humongous orange!
Lunch: Toasted bread (HeB) with Chorizo (5ish?? any help), cheese (HeA), rocket and a packet of Velvet Crunch (4)
Dinner: Completely undecided as don't want to have too many syns - did beans on toast last night, so were going to do curry, but mine is higher in Syns because I use Almond Milk and Sugar (don't like sweetener!) and would rather have a Syn free meal. Any yummy ideas ladies?

X

I've settled on butternut squash, rocket, spinach, pomegranate and either bacon or Chorizo risotto, will probably end up being bacon, as trying to keep the Syns low!

Asda, Chosen by You Sliced Chorizo, chilled , per 100g
11½​
11½​
18½​

It isnt really that bad I think, for once in a while.

Could you not make the 3 tin curry or a tomato based curry? If you really like a creamy curry (admittedly I do)

you could use
Blue Dragon, Coconut Milk, Light , 165ml can
6​
6​
6​

but that could do 4 servings so it isnt really that high. or you could use a coconut muller light or quark.

Other syn free meals, for me are usually things like casseroles, pasta, spag bol, chilli.x.x.

Doesn't seem too bad, doubt 5 slices in a sarnie would have done too much damage! :)

Unfortunately, I'm realllyyy fussy with curry, I only like Chicken Tikka Massala, and even a variation on the one I'm used to was a bit odd! For a one off it's not too bad - I did use mainly 0% yoghurt and padded it with almond milk, though I've not tried coconut milk, might have to give that a shot!

I'm having one of those odd days where I'm craving something...but I don't know what it is!!
X

Woo, back down to 12.6 today and it's still 4 days till WI. Phew! I have lost my Christmas gain! So pleased!

Plan for the day lovies;

Breakfast: HeB of toast, with butter (3)
Lunch: TBA, but some sort of salad
Dinner: Steak, SW chips, green veggies and homemade vegetable gravy (2Syns per serving)

Not a lot of fruit in there, but I'm not going grocery shopping on a Saturday in this weather, so it shall have to wait!

X

WOOHOO well done!

I wouldnt worry to much about being low on fruit, its high in veggies.

How do you make your chicken tikka? its my favourite too. The slimming world one is quite nice, not the real thing though. I think it needs extra tikka spice in, I marinade my chicken for ages in a little natural yogurt and spices. If you use creme fraiche or even quark its thicker and makes the sauce creamier, I do tend to use coconut milk though. For how often I have it, its worth those couple of syns.x.x.

I use the SW recipe but add some chilli powder, and then obviously the bad almond milk and sugar! It was pretty bloody close to the real if I'm honest, so didn't really mind using syns on it!

I've been so naughty this weekend, my OH is definitley not helping at the moment, weekends seem to be my hardest time, at work I'm so good, but as soon as we go out and about I fall off it, going to have to start taking food with me if I go out!

Today:

Breakfast: orange
Lunch: 5 slices of Chorizo, HeA of cheese and rocket on toast
Dinner: The steak I should have had the other day!

X

I was 100% yesterday and I topped off last night with the Miranda work-out DVD (fast becoming great entertainment!), some free weights and 5 minutes on the Legmaster, so feeling pretty good.

Today's plan sucks, as I've run out of fruit and haven't had the guts to go to Tesco yet - somebody bring me fruit? :p

Breakfast: Alpen light bar (3Syns)
Lunch: Buttered (2) toast (HeB) with rocket and spinach
Dinner: Cheesy (HeA) cod fillet with broccoli, green beans and maybe some butternut squash mash

Have my girlfriends coming over tonight, so I'll either be making them try a funny exercise DVD or trying to fit that in around getting myself presentable - the good thing about old girlfriends is that they do not care if I wear leggings and a t-shirt and tie my hair up - but I think a shower at least might be nice! :p

Hope everyone's having a good day, and not getting blown away by the wind!
X

I think todays plan is really good, considering you dont have any fruit, definitely making the most of your Hexs

Im still hiding in the house, luckily don't have to venture too far today :) I saw the miranda workout the other day and was intrigued. I wouldnt mind getting something fun I can do in the house so theres no excuse when I cant get to the gym.x.x.

I might be cheeky and text the girls going "Be kind and bring bananas!", seeing as when people visit they always ask if they can bring anything!!

I really wasn't expecting the DVD to be fun or that much of a work-out, but it really is both, though the exercise is actually a lot harder than it looks if you're new to planks etc! I'd highly recommend it, but you do totally need maracas!
X

Ah thats cool, I might get it then. The joy of having musical artsy kids is I have an endless supply of maracas haha

Yeah text one asking for bananas, one for strawberries, one for grapes, you could get a fruit salad going haha.x.

I've not quite grown out of the musical/arty child stage!

My goodness you're a genuis, I should do this more often, I'll never have to shop again!
X

For goodness sake, why does friends coming over mean **** food?! I have no willpower anymore, someone should just tie me in a bag and lob me in the river! Feeling cranky and annoyed!

Plan for today, not that it'll happen;

Breakfast: Wheetabix (HeB) and milk (HeA)
Lunch: Rocket, Spinach, Cucumber and carrot sticks
Dinner: Cod....that I was meant to have yesterday...

Someone give me a kick up the bum?
X

Back