Claire Bear's shrinking mission

Hi, first of all I want to say hello and well done on ur 10lb gone! I'm a long time lurker on the wemitts but never post. I haven't got as much to lose (about 7 stone) but I am a bad binge eater and have been for a long time. I'm in a rut and after reading your diary iv decided to give sf a go, been and bought some shakes and snacks today ready for tomorrow. I wanted to just ask a quick question, if I didn't eat a meal bar could I eat something of roughly the same cals or does that defeat the object? Il just have 2 shakes for now but the meal bars don't appeal to me at all!
Thanks for reading my rambling :) Kay.

Hi Kay, welcome to my thread :)

Is it the sweetness that puts off the bars?! That's what I enjoy about them they a bit like rice crispy treats!!

i don't think there is a big problem with getting an equivalent lunch, you're supposed to have 200 calories for lunch, but given you've got a bit to lose I don't think there would be any harm in having a little bit more if it's difficult.
ive read lots of other threads where people are using other brand snacks. I'm sure that's fine too, as long as they are within. 100 calories.

i use my fitness pal app to record all my food - do you use it? I would definitely recommend, it is really quick to use cos all the foods and loads of recipes are preloaded so you can just search and add, and it gives you a running total. The app also suggests what your daily calories count should be for either a 1lb or 2lb weight loss. Mine is about 2100 a day, but I'm well below that at the moment, although I'm beginning to think I will up mine a bit so that it is sustainable.

i guess really I'm doing a mix of SF and calorie counting.

anyways, as far as I'm concerned, the positives about SF for me are that there are fixed size drinks, meals bars and snacks so that gives me very little room for cheating, which I'm usually REALLY good at!

please keep in touch on here, would be great to hear about your progress.

and my last tip is DEFINITELY get at least 2 litres of water or squash a day, it really helps the hunger and it makes your body flush out excess fluid so shows on the scales too.

Hi thank you for replying.
Iv never used mfp but I am going to download it and have a go at that too. This is all new to me which I quite like as iv been on and off slimming world for years and I know it inside out, and know how to break it and overeat even better!
The thing about the sweet meal replacements probably worry me as I feel like I'm being naughty, which usually leads to a binge for me. But I'm gonna give it a try with the milkshakes as they look nice and as u say there is no way of cheating as it's a set portion. I will keep in touch and let u know how it's going, and keep reading all the threads on here too.
Thanks for the advice.. I may be coming with all sorts of questions sf related :) good luck to u and keep up the good work x

Well done on the loss Claire, what a great first week! :0clapper:

Well done on the brilliant loss Clairebear:talk017:

I feel like I have read somewhere that you drink the ready made shakes but not sure if I've invented that?? Anyway just in case you do use the powder, the offers website that rhymes with soup on (it got starred out) have a really good offer at the moment - £9.99 for three tins or £19.99 for 6 (hmmm work out 1p cheaper to buy two lots of three tins???) x

10lbs lost. Hooray!! Was expecting and hoping for a big loss first week, and a lot of it is probably fluid, but hooray the diet is doing something!! I've stuck to it really well, and I'm really pleased. Just need to carry in what I'm doing now...

:0clapper::0clapper::0clapper::party0011::party0011::party0011::party0049::party0049::party0049:

Sorry, know it's only week one, but getting started is always the hump for me, do really really pleased with myself for finally getting started

Fantastic Week One....Im glad you achieved such a great result! Moments like these do me really well on my journey, they really keep the momentum moving. Enjoy the feeling and work hard to earn that feeling back again next week and every week after until you reach your goal. You have a real positive and open outlook, with the recommendations I see people giving you and the way you plan is built I am sure you will continue to do well.

Man I remember my first week, I lost 9.5lbs and that was such an amazing feeling. Like you said getting started is the hardest but hopefully you get hooked on feeling this good that you will let nothing get in your way.

Congrats again! :)

Yay what a fab loss glad your enjoying them too theres nothing worse than dieting and not enjoying what your eating ooooooooooo I still wretch at the thought of lighterlife thai chile soup ewwwwwwww lol have a fab day xx

Everything I've heard about the actual 'food' replacement diets (excluding SF) hasn't been very good tbf. Are they really that bad? :) I must admit I'm so fussy that they wouldn't work for me, I need to be able to circle around the things that I do like (though I've got better and tried more new things these past couple of years!)

Thank you thank you thank my lovely people.

thanks for the suggestion BlueCow, but I drink the ready made shakes. It's a sad but true fact that I am actually lazy enough to NOT be arsed to make a shake in the morning, so being able to grab one out the fridge is actually a really good way for me to stick to the diet. Mega lazy, but hey, I can be totally honest with myself and you guys in here... *blushes*

Was supposed to have an MRI scan on my knees tomorrow, but have re-scheduled it to the end of Sept, because I'd like to progress with my weight loss a bit first. I know it won't make a HUGE difference in a month, but in hope to feel a bit better about having to take clothes off in front of radiographer, having to see if my legs fit in the scanner (!) but also just giving myself a bit of space before having to back and see the orthopaedic surgeon do discuss the damage my weight is doing to my knees. I like to think I'm brave enough to do it, but I need a bit if recuperation space after the last consultation (last week) to build my personal resilience back up again!

shake for breakfast this opening, then didn't get around to lunch until 1pm, had an apple about 4pm, my cho snack bar on the buss on the way home, and just had a banana when I got in. have leftovers of the chicken and ham tangle pie I made last week, with lots of veg. Could have a yoghurt afterwards if I feel like it, but probably won't.

Felt quite energetic when I was sat on the bus home, which is a feeling I haven't had for a while, so git in and did a bit of housework for 30 min, which is VERY unlike me!! love the feeling of losing weight, and feeling at he moment like I could keep this up forever. Feeling really positive :) whoooo hooooooo

I think you've done the right thing. After being a little bruised last week it'll be great for you to not only go in there showing you've lost weight and are making a real effort - but also having your confidence back up :) Good luck love xx

I've also just been told I've got to go to Frankfurt for work in 2 weeks. DREAD having to fly.
Another reason to try and get a bit of weight off ASAP!!

having a pizza express pizza for dinner, they come in around 600 calories - whoop!

Hello! Just wondered how u are getting on it seems like your doing good and in the zone! Just wondered are u hungry in between your eating times? I'm literally counting down the seconds for when i can eat again!! It doesn't help that I'm not in work at the min so I'm not occupied with other things x

Nope, they do have a lighter range :) I believe it's the ones with the middle bit cut out?

No middle cut out!! Whole pizza (not a huge one, like I used to eat) but a normal plate size. I had the pollo pesto one and it's 570 calories for a whole one. YUM. had some salad with it too.

forgot my shake this morning so has to grab some belvita biscuits from a shop on the way into work. Had another busy day, so managed to eat my meal bar whilst in the move, and had a banana as a snack this afternoon. Going yo have a homemade Cornish pasty this evening (made a batch a few weeks ago before the diet started), they're probably a million calories each, but I've inky had 500 so far today, so a treat for dinner ain't going to be too bad.

confirmed that I've got to be in Frankfurt for 2 nights in a few weeks time. Hate business travel, and it'll all be huge buffets and free flowing wine. already trying to work out how I will cope. I think I'll allow myself some wine, but really need to exercise some control at the buffet...

Well that isn't too bad, 570... if the pizza is worth it.

I am worrying now on behalf of you Claire... OMG a buffet and food all paid for by the company... temptation beyond endurance. What you need here is some kind of psychological work. Maybe say to yourself that for the two days you can have absolutely anything you like, in any amounts, provided you are prepared to be happy when you see the scales go UP by a couple of pounds, and thus be a couple of pounds behind schedule. Give yourself permission, and you are then taking control. If you choose the weight loss over the pigging out, then you will know that it's YOUR decision... nobody else's.

I love those Pizza Express pizzas and you really don't feel you're missing out when out with friends. I do wish they'd Cut the crust off rather than the middle though!

Hooe your knees are ok. I've suffered all my life with my knees. Had three operations and the pain is unbearable sometimes.

well done on your loss so far - great start!

kim

Back