Confessions of a loser...

The thing is that your doing it now! I just put my failed attempts behind me and start a fresh! If you dwell on things your setting your self up for failure because youll keep giving yourself a hard time about it! You shouldnt be ashamed of yourself, be proud that your doing something about it now. That was in the past and now your moving forward with a new start to a new diet! So you can still be a Kate! :) x

My first and only day off work of the week was today!

I went to a toby carvery with some of the family. Everybody got humungous roast dinners whilst I got a lovely chicken tikka salad without the salad dressing and poppadoms and chutney that came with it! It was really tastey! Only thing is is that I cant find it on the slimming world website so I dont know what to syn it up as if it is syns (normally tikka powder is free but I am assuming that it had either a tikka paste on it which is around 1 1/2 -3 syns or some oil on it which is about 3 syns) so ive just put it down as 3 syns to be on the safe side!

I thought some people may be interested in the "success story" that ive mentioned. The girl is named Harriet Jenkins and she was woman of the year (I think it was 2010) when shed lost 15 stone! But any ways she is pretty awesome for loosing that amount of weight in any period of time never mind bloody EIGHTEEN MONTHS! Heres her before and after pictures...
article-1330422-0C1BB834000005DC-893_306x911.jpg
article-1330422-0C1BB864000005DC-378_306x911.jpg

Pretty amazing wouldnt you agree??

Todays menu
No breakfast
Lunch - Chicken tikka salad 3 syns
Dinner - Schwartz spagetti bolognaise recipe mix (1 1/2 syns) with wholemeal pasta and healthy garlic bread! (I toasted 2 slices of HEX B brown bread and warmed up two laughing cow light triangles (HEX A) and mixed in half a teaspoon of garlic powder and chives and spread it on the toast... it was delish with the spagetti!)
Total 4 1/2 syns

Last edited:
By the way... has anybody got a delishes veg soup recipe to share? Im getting a bit bored of my butternut squash, carrot and corriander soup x

Just a short one today...

Not long got home from an 11 hour shift and I am shattered! Placement tomorrow so up at 6 am.. Oh the joys!

New news.... Im thinking about doing the "race for life". I deffinatly wont be running it this year but I could try and power walk it. Im going to try and loose 4 1/2 stone before it takes place in June though. Gives me some exercise and weight loss goals to work on!

Todays menu
Breakfast - Mixed defrosted berries, sweetner and fat free yogurt
Lunch - Jacket potato with 2 laughing cow light triangles (HEX A) and some left over bolognaise (1 syn) and a muller light with an apple
Snack - Butternut squash, carrot and corriander soup (IN NEED OF A NEW SOUP RECPIE!) with 2 brown bred (HEX B)
Dinner - Slimming world magazine recipe 1 pan roast chicken, lots of root veg and some roast potatoes and a curly wurly (3 syns)
Todays total: 4 syns

I have 2 jobs... I do support work all day every sunday and then monday to friday im in placement for university in a hospital :) they are killers!
I love tomato and basil. How do you make it? just roast a load of tomatos and add basil, veg stock and blend?
x

im a support worker too :)

yeah get some ripe tomatoes, roast and peel, and add them to a pan of stock,onion,garlic,passata then add fresh basil and blend x

Just a short one today...

Not long got home from an 11 hour shift and I am shattered! Placement tomorrow so up at 6 am.. Oh the joys!

New news.... Im thinking about doing the "race for life". I deffinatly wont be running it this year but I could try and power walk it. Im going to try and loose 4 1/2 stone before it takes place in June though. Gives me some exercise and weight loss goals to work on!

Todays menu
Breakfast - Mixed defrosted berries, sweetner and fat free yogurt
Lunch - Jacket potato with 2 laughing cow light triangles (HEX A) and some left over bolognaise (1 syn) and a muller light with an apple
Snack - Butternut squash, carrot and corriander soup (IN NEED OF A NEW SOUP RECPIE!) with 2 brown bred (HEX B)
Dinner - Slimming world magazine recipe 1 pan roast chicken, lots of root veg and some roast potatoes and a curly wurly (3 syns)
Todays total: 4 syns

Have you decided whether to sign up for Race for Life? I did it two years ago, I walked it (could never have run it :eek:), it was lots of fun :) For such a good cause too, you should go for it :D

im a support worker too :)

yeah get some ripe tomatoes, roast and peel, and add them to a pan of stock,onion,garlic,passata then add fresh basil and blend x

Sounds delisious! Im deffinatly going to try that! Thanks xx

Have you decided whether to sign up for Race for Life? I did it two years ago, I walked it (could never have run it :eek:), it was lots of fun :) For such a good cause too, you should go for it :D

I think Im going to. Our consultant is doing it and she was asking last week if members of class wanted to join so im going to talk to her about it this week and decide then. I know that 3 miles isnt much but I cant remember when ive walked 3 miles! So ive got to get some serious body magicing on the go! Yea deffinatly. Would be a real motivational boost doing it and feel good factor for the cause xx

I havnt done any zumba as to date this week =[ Ive been really busy and I think its putting me off having a small weight loss last week. I was going to do some tonight but I didnt get home from work until 5.30 pm and then I had to cook dinner, get a shower, prepare lunch etc. I can barely fit uni work in never mind zumba! I am deffinatly going to do it tomorrow though. No excuses.

I thought id share with everyone another motivational tip. A couple of weeks after starting the diet I decided to make a scrap book so I can see were I was, were I am, were I want to be and how well im doing. Its a nice thing to do and its a great way to keep you going.

Its no were near finished so far but its got a few pages in:
Starting measurements and pictures
Top 10 reasons why I want to loose weight
Targets and rewards
Slimming world awards
I love it because everytime im not feeling to good about myself I flick threw the couple of pages and it really puts me in a good mood.

Heres a little picture of the cover :) (took me ages to make!)

IMAG0026.jpg

And heres my fave page!
IMAG0027.jpg

Todays menu
Breakfast - Mixed defrosted berries and sweetner
Lunch - Same old soup, muller light and apple
Dinner - SW mag recipie herb encrusted fish with crispy herby potatoes, beans and a bag of micro wave mixed veg
Snack - HEX A cheese slice
Total syns : 0 (for now... i may have a curly wurly)

Thanks hun! x

Your journal looks fab, that's a great idea! (I might pinch it myself :D )

You should! I deffo recommend people to make one! x

I did finally managed to fit a zumba session in today! After spending a whole 8 hour shift (minus 30 min lunch) stood up in a heavy lead apron I was in agony and exhausted. My feet were killing! But I sucked in the pain and managed 50 mins of zumba fitness which I feel much better about! Planing on doing 50 mins in the next 2 nights to make up for previous days lacking exercise.

I swear if I dont have a weight loss of at least 2 pounds this week I will refuse to exercise any longer! lol.

Todays menu
Breakfast - Mixed defrosted berries and sweetner
Lunch - Carrot, butternut squash and corriander soup, ham sandwhich with extra light mayo (HEX B and 1/2 syn) muller light yogurt and an apple
Dinner - (I was ment to have healthy beef stew which my mum was cooking but at 6 oclock it wasnt even nearly finished so...) chicken foo yung 5 syns
Total syns : 5 1/2

Wow. You've done fabtastic so far. Well done you:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I've been doing it for 2 weeks now. I started at a similar weight to u. So have got a long way to go. It's does feel daunting. And reading that post bout gabby and Kate, does bring it into concept. I have always wanted to loose the weight by yesterday. And I'm forever thinking about how much I can loose each week and by when. And then I feel gutted when 1 week doesn't work out like that . And then I too fail.x but this time is different. I know it's going to take a long time. I mean I have to loose a whole person. But I keep saying, the weight didn't come on over night. It's took like 13 years to get like this so it will take a while to get it off. I'm going to be realistic this time. I do have a holiday coming up in may. And I have to fly so as usual I'm panicking about the seats and seatbelt. But after that I just want to loose how ever much I loose and be happy. And I'm sure one day I will get there.

Anyway enough about me. Well done you. And keep it up.xxxxxx

Wow. You've done fabtastic so far. Well done you:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I've been doing it for 2 weeks now. I started at a similar weight to u. So have got a long way to go. It's does feel daunting. And reading that post bout gabby and Kate, does bring it into concept. I have always wanted to loose the weight by yesterday. And I'm forever thinking about how much I can loose each week and by when. And then I feel gutted when 1 week doesn't work out like that . And then I too fail.x but this time is different. I know it's going to take a long time. I mean I have to loose a whole person. But I keep saying, the weight didn't come on over night. It's took like 13 years to get like this so it will take a while to get it off. I'm going to be realistic this time. I do have a holiday coming up in may. And I have to fly so as usual I'm panicking about the seats and seatbelt. But after that I just want to loose how ever much I loose and be happy. And I'm sure one day I will get there.

Anyway enough about me. Well done you. And keep it up.xxxxxx

Thank you!! :)

Dont think of it as youve got a lot of weight to loose, look at it in little chunks. Set yourself manageable goals and that way when you reach them youll feel great! Ive set myself a 3 stone loss for my Birthday on easter Monday and ive got 6 weeks left to go and 1 stone 4 pounds left to loose! And im also treating myself to teeth whitening when iv reached it! That way youve got something small to aim for and something to look forward to to keep you going!

Have you set yourself a goal for your holiday in May?? If that happens on the plane... all you have to tell yourself is "this is the last time this will happen!" I went on holiday last year with my very skinny friend and I fitted into the seat fine but needed a seat belt extender.

Well done yourself for starting your journey! Wishing you all the best of luck xx

Another 1058 calories burnt doing zumba tonight! Thats 2100 calories in two days! Hoping thats at least one days calorie intake burnt!

I am well and truely exhausted tonight! Cant wait to lay down! So another short one tonight guys... Will right more when I can think of something worth mentioning!

Oh... its weigh in day tomorrow! Wish me luck!

Todays Menu

Breakfast - Mixed defrosted berries, sweetner, muller light
Lunch - Same old soup, 2 bread (HEX B) and a batchelors tomato onion and herb pasta with garlic philli mixed in (HEX A)
Snack - curly wurly (3 syns) and 1 tsp choc philli (I HAD TO TRY IT!)
Dinner - Beef stew with lean mince (3 syns) carrots, onion and turnip and gravey (3 syns)
Total syns : 10 1/2

Back