Confused By Plans!

My pleasure. I ADORE SW and it was definitely the best move I made. Feel free to trawl through my food diaries and my blog, I'm always about if you need to ask something.

Good luck xx

I will thank you - day one and I'm already thinking about food constantly! Going to try and make it to lunch because this is just silly haha!!

Oh you do hun you do! They are called Honey Monster Stix bars they come in honeycomb and milk chocolate or marshmallow and 2 bars are a healthy extra B (so same as the Hifi Light bars) or 3 syns each and they are totally scrummy. Most supermarkets stock them.

Oh you do hun you do! They are called Honey Monster Stix bars they come in honeycomb and milk chocolate or marshmallow and 2 bars are a healthy extra B (so same as the Hifi Light bars) or 3 syns each and they are totally scrummy. Most supermarkets stock them.

I'm going to hunt for them :D! Today I've only had free/superfree foods so far - feel like I'm doing it wrong haha.

Today I've only had free/superfree foods so far

During the day I only eat free/superfree foods and my healthy extras. I save my syns for tea or treats after (usually treats after if I'm honest!!). I didn't plan on doing it this way but it seems to be how I naturally eat. I'm also trying to have bigger breakfasts to keep me full during the day and so that I'm not eating a HUGE portion at tea time.

I love SW and I'm very focussed this time round (I did it before in 2009)... this year I'll be at target!

During the day I only eat free/superfree foods and my healthy extras. I save my syns for tea or treats after (usually treats after if I'm honest!!). I didn't plan on doing it this way but it seems to be how I naturally eat. I'm also trying to have bigger breakfasts to keep me full during the day and so that I'm not eating a HUGE portion at tea time.

I love SW and I'm very focussed this time round (I did it before in 2009)... this year I'll be at target!

You sound very determined so I'm sure you'll make it!

I think I'm similar to you although I've hit a really hungry patch now and am trying to ignore it and drink instead and see if I'm actually thirsty.
It makes most sense to save up for me too I think as it's always in the evenings I start really craving something and I often work til 12am-1am so it figures I'm hungry for more hours - will try a bigger breakfast tomorrow!

Thanks for commenting :)

I'll have a few syns in the day time (I think a packet of crisps at lunchtime but use low syn varities) but I like chocolate at night and always save approx 5-6 syns for that. This week our consultant has set us a challenge to only have 10 syns - its killing me LOL! But as I get closer to goal weight only having 5-10 syns a day is a reality so its a good practice.

I can totally understand the feeling of being overwhelmed. I couldn't sleep the night I first went to group and then was scared to eat the next day!! Once I relaxed though I just stuck to free foods like tinned spaghetti and baked beans until I fully started to understand and felt confident enough to start more interesting meals. Two tips I have are 1) think about the meals that you are used to making and see if any are SW friendly that you can eat until you understand the plan well and it is less daunting. 2) go through the list of free foods and either write out or highlight the ones that you really like and then you can focus on those as the basis of your meal plans. SW is I think the only diet that actually gets easier the longer you do it!! I think if you are used to just grabbing something on the go, the thought of having to plan and make something is quite scary but there are plenty of convenient low syn/free foods and there are even some 'on the go' foods that you can grab once you have learnt what they are and where to get them.

I can totally understand the feeling of being overwhelmed. I couldn't sleep the night I first went to group and then was scared to eat the next day!! Once I relaxed though I just stuck to free foods like tinned spaghetti and baked beans until I fully started to understand and felt confident enough to start more interesting meals. Two tips I have are 1) think about the meals that you are used to making and see if any are SW friendly that you can eat until you understand the plan well and it is less daunting. 2) go through the list of free foods and either write out or highlight the ones that you really like and then you can focus on those as the basis of your meal plans. SW is I think the only diet that actually gets easier the longer you do it!! I think if you are used to just grabbing something on the go, the thought of having to plan and make something is quite scary but there are plenty of convenient low syn/free foods and there are even some 'on the go' foods that you can grab once you have learnt what they are and where to get them.

I've been scared all day haha! I've eaten eggs and ham and cous cous and yoghurt and loads of veggies I just don't know what to do next haha!! I don't want to have anything that I'd have to use syns for until tonight until I have to - I know I need to have them though so it's confusing me - I'll get myself sorted soon though - I think it'll take 2 or 3 days!

I'll have a few syns in the day time (I think a packet of crisps at lunchtime but use low syn varities) but I like chocolate at night and always save approx 5-6 syns for that. This week our consultant has set us a challenge to only have 10 syns - its killing me LOL! But as I get closer to goal weight only having 5-10 syns a day is a reality so its a good practice.

We only have Wotsits in haha and I'm not sure I want them yet. I'll see how I feel tonight!

I've been scared all day haha! I've eaten eggs and ham and cous cous and yoghurt and loads of veggies I just don't know what to do next haha!! I don't want to have anything that I'd have to use syns for until tonight until I have to - I know I need to have them though so it's confusing me - I'll get myself sorted soon though - I think it'll take 2 or 3 days!
I know it does seem a bit conflicting - telling you to avoid things that are high in syns but then telling you you must eat all your syns. I tend to have mine as an evening treat once the kids are in bed but it depends what suits your lifestyle. I find that if I have them throughout the day I get a bit carried away and end up eating more than I should. To begin with it's probably safer to have syns at the end of the day but you will find what works for you as time goes on x

I know it does seem a bit conflicting - telling you to avoid things that are high in syns but then telling you you must eat all your syns. I tend to have mine as an evening treat once the kids are in bed but it depends what suits your lifestyle. I find that if I have them throughout the day I get a bit carried away and end up eating more than I should. To begin with it's probably safer to have syns at the end of the day but you will find what works for you as time goes on x

Yeah I haven't had any yet today so we'll see how I go!! I'm hoping I'll get it all sorted -I guess if you have something high you're not giving yourself much space to have anything else?

Oh don't be afraid to have your syns hun, they are there for a reason. They stop you feeling deprived and people that tend not to have them don't always have the biggest losses so you eat up my lovely!! :)

Oh don't be afraid to have your syns hun, they are there for a reason. They stop you feeling deprived and people that tend not to have them don't always have the biggest losses so you eat up my lovely!! :)

Someone sent me a new baby carrier today and there were two quality streets in it - they may have been eaten ;)

I limit it to three eggs per day and I don't eat them every day now either (when i first restarted I lived off eggs!) only because it can make you a little constipated.

Drink lots of water... I try to have 3 or 4 big glasses a day and find it really helps with the weight loss.

Just ruined my day with a wholemeal wrap!! I had no clue they couldn't be HEB but they're not - argh!! I'm over my syns by 1 now :( and had NO healthy extras - I thought I was doing well!

That isn't a ruined day... FAR from it!

Back