ConstantlyDizzy 2015

Good morning, I hope all goes well today x

sorry I didn't update yesterday.....and thanks for all your messages.
the op didn't go exactly how they planned :( they had trouble doing the puncture for the valve to be placed as there is a lot of thickening fron the last op. they did eventually manage to do the bulk of the op.....but now just has a plastic tube in the holes until they can try hopefully today to insert the valve in the tracheostomy hole. ive got to set off in a bit in this nasty snow to go see him and fingers crossed the 2nd bit of the op can be done. x

well he now has a valve in place :) its not exactly what we thought it would be (We somehow just thought he would be able to speak sentences straight away) he can only make sounds at the mo as he is very swollen and counting 1 to 5 one at a time......but its practice and is lovely to hear some sounds from him (I almost cried when they got him to 'try his voice' for the first time :) ) he will probably be home Friday when they've given the op time to settle a bit and hes to have training on how to clean it properly. Im taking bets on his first proper word.....beer lol.
right must get on ive to get ready to go visit again, at least all the snow has gone - I was sliding across the road here yesterday then managed to get it in 4wd so manages to at oeast get off our street without hitting cars! no snow today tho just rain and wing forecast so to me driving in that is a heap better than yeaterday.

Morning Dizzy x

morning hun. hope you all have a great meet today, il be waiting for some nice piccies and really hope I make the next one.

Tony got home eventually at 7pm last night :) just got to go back next weds to check the valve isn't getting too loose (hes still very swollen in there so they can sometimes need changing during the first week. they've ordered some filters that fit in a stoma in his neck as he absolutely HATES wearing the filter bibs that he was given before lol. x

morning folks
not had chance to get on and update on here as tony got admitted back into hosp with a bad infection from his last op. no idea when hes likely to be home as yet....they are talking about operating to put a drain in depending on the results of his ct scan last night.

slimming wise im plodding on......mainly just cutting out all crap at the mo as travelling almost 3 hours a day to visit so not finding much time to cook/eat through the day

anyway must dash got the dog to feed, do the dishwasher then scrape the car x

Back