CornishTT S&S Diary

Toni I didn't realise we are both on day 4! Yay! I'm feeling a lot better than I was on day 2. Hope it lasts rest of the day!

My boys are still hobbits but thankfully they don't leave leftovers any more! Plus they are back at school yay! You will find it a little easier as time goes on as if you're anything like me I become obsessive not all the time but confess most of the time about sticking to plan and losing. However it's that mindset that keeps me on track and logging on here throughout the day!

Yay to us and day 4 Kira! I too am obbsesive about it but like you say, it keeps me motivated!

Hey, I hit two of my goals, yay!

Just had a yummy lunch, cottage pie amd 100g frozen spinach, there was so much it, im full and warm, yay!

Menu btw
1389272189464.jpg

Last edited:
Lunch sounds yum. I had spicy spag and I do like it as far as space food goes!

I think once we get through day 4 it will feel we are over half way there to weigh day and it will hopefully help get us well and truly in the ketosis zone.

Day 4 for me too and I can't wait for the big K to kick in, i did a test today but as suspected it was neg :(

So far I've had a choc shake and I'll have a bar with my cuppa after the nursery run at 3pm. I find I'm a nighttime muncher so prefer to keep 2 packs for the evening x

Tracy great loss so far! Well done! Yup! I am night time muncher too and like to save two packs for evening if I can. Finding it quite exciting this time around to actually "doing" the sns plan as opposed to "trying'. Though it was the trying that got me going along with all the encouragement and support. Looking at your stats I think you'll reach goal well before summer.

Day 5, 51 days to go. .
Loss today 1lb, total lost 8.2lb.
Start weight 16st11.8lb, current weight 16st3.6lb.

Cool Tracy, you're same day as us! So the 3 of us now on day 5, surely k must have kicked in by now?! lol

Kira, how did you manage to do it 'trying'? Did younnot find yourself ravenous or did you manage to stay in ketosis? PS. re your earlier questions about doing atkins post sns, that is my plan, I find atkin suits my way of life and body and that is how I plan to maintain. Also, easier to get back into ketosis as is not carb heavy and promotes complex carbs.

Another lb off, I'm I happy. I know I shouldn't weigh daily, cause when the losses slow down it might get me downfall but I find it helps motivate me. And as I'm doing 4 packs a day there's nothing I can change to try and shift it quicker. That has been my downfall in the past, when initial loss subsides I change it up and it slows even further. Not this time, this girl's going down to goal! :D

Hope you all have a good day x

Last edited:
I wasn't in ketosis when I was trying but the sns packs allowed me to know exactly what calories I was having. The normal food I ate was filling stuff but I kept carbs to a minimum which helped keep hunger pangs at bay. Also routine of same foods during week and times and kept drinking water.

i think Atkins are low carb will work for me for maintenance maybe a 5:2 combo to keep discipline of eating fewer calories. Not as if I'm going to starve! Like food too much!

I like your daily weigh stats! Probably because I do the same! Daily weighing works for me and keep me motivated even if the numbers sts or go up and down during the week. However I think for some daily weighing is a no.

So far so good off to personal training session later his morning. Will check out your Atkins diary for food lists.

Hi Girls, how are we all doing tonight?

Well it's day 5 and I think ketosis finally kicked in for me cause I've been feeling better today. Did anyone go for a swim? I havn't got back to it yet but I really need to get my butt in gear and try and get back to it next week because nothing is better for toning up saggy bits!! lol.

I cheated a little tonight as I made a chicken for the family and couldn't resist having some but rather than having it as an extra i just made myself some sprouts tonight then skipped my pack so it was just like having a lifestyle day x

Last edited:
Cornish totally off topic but your oldest child is practically the same age as my son (he'll be 4 on 24/2) can I ask what his/her normal bedtime / wake up times are?.

I only ask as my sons sleep pattern is horrendous and always has been and he normally sleeps to 9.30/10am in the morning which is great for me as i get time to wake up and have a cuppa before he comes bounding out but this means he can still be running riot at 11pm at night so now hes almost 4 his health visitor is breathing down my neck to get him into a more "normal" routine ready for school.

For the last week I've been gradually waking him up earlier then putting him down earlier but the nursery have said they're having a really rough time with him as he's very tearful at nursery in the afternoons so now I'm worried he's not getting enough sleep and he's getting overtired so I'd be very interesting to hear about your little one's routines just to compare? x

Last edited:
Day 6, 50 days to go. .
Loss today 0lb, total lost 8.2lb.
Start weight 16st11.8lb, current weight 16st3.6lb.

Hey guys,

Kira - I suppose if you had a structured eating plan, helped you stay pretty good and the lowncarb hopefully kept you in ketosis. How did your training session go? Are you habing an extra pack/meal to compensate or are you taking it a little easy for thenfirst few weeks till, was it Tracey who said, we become ketosis fat burning furnace?

Clinquat - didn't go swimming in the end *hangs head in shame*, I was feeling too jaded from all the early morning I've been having. Am planning on going both days this week though and hope it doesn't make me too hungry. Hopefully now k is here I should be ok? How did your swim go? Crisps are a brilliant idea to take with you for an after swim treat! Will try that Tuesday.

Tracy - welcome ketosis, yay! Glad you're feeling better today, gotta love Mr K, lol. That is one lovely thing about being able to still eat a meal if you do simplicity, extra flexibility! :D

As for kids, well. Im not sure I'm the best person to ask, lol. Hubster always says I'm too strict. Oldest is the girl and she's always gone to bed at 7pm (besides when tiny baby n waking every 3/4 hours, we don't miss those days, huh?) But can wake anytime from 5.30am, usually about 6.30am.

But, looking at your son's bedtimes, total slept is very similar (about 11 hours), so what you're doing is perfect, imo. Since you're waking him up earlier, he'll go down earlier and will soon enough be waking in time for school in sept. Just tell nursery what you're trying to do, then they know the reasoning. You're doing perfect, imo. Just gradually shift his bedtime to 11 hours or so before you want him to wake up! And keep him busy, run him at play park, forest, beach and he'll be more willing to go to bed earlier too! I know a bit hard in this weather but get them in wet weather gear and tire the little mite out.

As for not being able to get a cuppa in before he bounds in, I just do it while they're playing or watching telly. It's taken a while to get there as used to be around my feet wanting attention. But, we need to look after ourselves as well so it's best for the whole family if we see to our needs too as well as theirs!

So, a sts for me today. Not fussed as so far so good loss wise. I'm feeling dehydrated today, which is not possible cause I think I drank 4l or more of water/peppermint tea. I had sns crisps yesterday, wow, there were so many of them, next time I'm going to split the pack. But they were lovely, loved every mouthful.

So on to day 6, must place an order today for more meals, porridge and crisps.

Hope you all have a good day! x

Ooo I haven't tried the crisps yet! I have one bag but holding off having them! Well done in your losses so far! Woo Xx

I did swim and I really enjoyed it. Did 20 lengths which is what I'd normally do to start off and then build up- it's a 25m pool. It was relatively easy and enjoyable but I'm not sure there is enough in the tank to do it too often. Was a nice way of distressing though so may continue on a Friday night. With that and the yoga it may tone some of the worst of the flabby bits ready for a full on assault when I start on more calories.

And I agree with the crisps. I might have to staple the bag up but think I would be able to stop at half a pack. I haven't read of anyone going mad and having several packs like I have with bars.

Afternoon ladies.

I did 45 mins on treadmill at gym 1 min walk and 2 mins run at 5.5 - 6. Felt I pushed myself but I'm cautious with the running due to my PF flaring up. Toni, when I train with my personal trainer which currently is three times a week, I have a whey protein shake and bigger protein meal and three packs but sometimes have an extra SnS shake if I've trained really hard. I'd collapse otherwise. It worked fine earlier in the year and I got down to 8st 7-8 though official weekly weigh recording was 8st 8. It didn't seem to kick me out of ketosis and back then I was testing with the ketostix plus I didn't feel really hungry.

I must add it's not for everyone but it worked for me. I'm absoutley freezing but not sure because it's cold up north (there was frost on the ground this morning) or its ketosis. Haven't got around to buying ketostix yet.

Back