CornishTT S&S Diary

Day 7, 49 days to go. .
Loss today 0.4lb, total lost 8.6lb.
Start weight 16st11.8lb, current weight 16st3.2lb.
3 mile walk, medium pace (daughter on bicycle) and pushing buggy.

Sammy - Crisps are yummy, a bit mealy (think they're made from some sort of pulse - gram flour?) but I'll take them! Sure scratches my crisp craving!

Clinquant - 20 laps, good going, especially considering what we're on! lol re a distressing swim, I was imagining you were swimming in a shark pool, lol. As for eating only half the pack, good luck with that, I tried yesterday, went straight back for the rest as soon as I finished the first half, lol. You probably have more self restraint than me, lol.

Kira - good idea re the whey protein and extra low carb meal and/or shake when doing a training session! I have been walking last two days and felt a little woozy/bos eyed after, probably over did it a bit.

So, yesterday I had a 'treat' day. I went over my cals and carbs, I had a packet of crisps and a pack of chocolate wafers (both the wafers) plus I had yoghurt with my shakes. It looks like this:
Screenshot 2014-01-12 14.24.59.png

Probably not the best thing to do so early on but I usually have a treat on Sat and I thought if I stick with SnS products, even if it does take me over my cals and carbs, I wont feel deprived the rest of the week and I can limit the damage.

Also, for variety (cause I have like 40 chocolate shakes to use up) I am also mixing one packet choc shake with 170g Fage 0% yoghurt. It's lovely, comes out like a mousse, taken idea from when I did Herbalife years ago and the consultant suggested it.

Having the yoghurt takes me just over my cals but I am not fussed. Averaging over the week, I am having about 700 cals a day and with that I can live. I will save the crisps for my Saturday 'binge' and not have them again during the week, they are too moorish and would have them every day if I could! Also, the wafers are expensive but I need a sweet/chocolate fix.

Q - Does anyone know with simplicity, do you have to count your milk/yoghurt allowance as extra carbs/cals? I have been but now sure if I have to.

Q2 - What do you have for a sweet fix? I know when doing Atkins ppl used to have dark chocolate or sugar free sweets, wondering if they're ok on this too?

Menu today:

Screenshot 2014-01-12 14.47.56.png
Hope you're all having a nice day. Official WI tomorrow, excited! x

Last edited:
Good luck with the official weigh in tomorrow. Sounds like a reasonable compromise with the extras.

That's a good idea with the yoghurt and shakes. I haven't been having a milk allowance but it's something I might add in later to start phasing in more normal eating. When I was maintaining before I often used to have the 0% yoghurt with Green and Black's cocoa in it.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Hi Cornish - we are a very similar weight and are both doing an 8 week stint! I wonder how well we'll both do!

Like you, I am putting in some yoghurt - I've gone for alpro soya which is the lowest calorie and carb I could find. I figure anything below 800 cals is still in vlcd territory!

Good luck for WI!

Evening Cornish. Plan looks great. I have to say my sweet tooth is happy with the milk truffa bars and the Leon bars I find too sweet. I think I'm more of a savoury person but they certainly work for me. I wouldn't risk having dark choc on SnS like you can on Atkins though not in addition to the SnS bars.

Wow! Day 6 will be over in a few hours and weigh day for us tomorrow! I'm not expecting a huge loss as I don't have too much too lose but I'm pleased that I have retained control over what I've chosen to eat and not to eat again. Weight loss is of course a welcome bonus!

Day 8, 48 days to go.
Loss today 1lb, total lost 9.6lb.
Start weight 16st11.8lb, current weight 16st2.2lb.

Hey guys, so, I'm very happy with loss, means crimbo weight has completely hone and im back to my lowest. I know this week wont bring such mental losses but im in this for the 8 weeks so im just going to keep going. I llan to do my walk at least 3 times a weeks so hopefully that'll help too. Im hoping for a 4lb loss next week, is that realistic?

Kira - dotnworry, won't be having ndark chocolate on top of the other stuff, I'm sticking to sns products. I just thought I'd ask what other ppl having.

Clinquant - Never had choc powder in yoghurt before, is that nice? Well obviously it would be if you had it, lol. I wanted to add yoghurt to diet for pro-.biotic

Have a good day all xx

Last edited:
Hi hun,
Well done - you'll be slipping into the next stone bracket very soon!!

As for counting milk and yoghurt - yep - count everything that you eat drink. Even the fibre powder and fry light sprays (if you use them).

If you want to save a pack I use just under a teaspoon of lemon water flavouring mixed into the Greek Fage yoghurt and that's yummy. Got a bit of a sharp tang, but I really like that!!
Sometimes I chop up a dark Truffa bar and chuck that in too - the chocolate goes all swirly in it.
Yum.

I've just started using flavoured coffee and it feels like I'm having an extra pack! Need to find a decaf flavoured coffee though as I get headaches on too much caffeine. :(

Well done and keep going ;) Xx

We'll done! I'm deciding on Thursday if I'm going to do sns, currently low carbing so giving it til then, if I don't see any change on the scales I'll be doing it with my partner.

Toni that's a great loss! And yes you will be in the next stone bracket very soon! Tad confused isn't it day 8 for you? I am sure it is for me as I counted last monday 6 Jan as day 1 and yesterday was day 7? Today being weigh day, day 8? Not that it really matters as you've had a great loss!! Well done!

Here"s to week 2 going well and no wavering which makes it so much easier. x

Thanks everyone, no time to reply, will try to later, just seems no matter what I do I never catch up with everyone's diary!

Just a quick update, yes, day 8, was writing it this morning when daughter, son and hubby also wanting my attention and it's impossible to concentrate, lol. Even less days to go, hurrah!

Super! One day less on vlcd yay! I had a similar distraction this morning with my kids except neither have the excuse of being so young. Huge row erupted and ten year old went after 17 year old with a walking stick to whack him with! Yes, rather tense on the school run this morning! Don't know about you but I am feeling hungry - I think it is hunger not sure so I think I will need to be very careful as the day goes on. Especially once I've done school run and I am back home. Preferred how I felt yesterday!

Day 9, 47 days to go. .
Loss today 1.10lb, total lost 11lb.
Start weight 16st11.8lb, current weight 16st0.8lb.

Morning all,

Sammy, thanks for clearing that up, wasn't sure if we needed to count it or not. Great idea about fage yoghurt n lemon flavouring, could imagine a little lemon curd flavour going on there. I like tangy!

Sam - I know what you mean about scales not budging, I think we've both had our fair share of sts, this is why I'm on sns now instead of Atkins, to boost my losses n keep me going. If you do want to do sns, let me know cause I can get you a referral code which will save you money (and me) on your first order. I'll speak to them later n post pvt msg u.

Clinquant - thanks, back to my pre - Christmas weight, but from now on will be 'fresh fat' as you called it, lol. Love the added berries, like a healthy black forest, can't go wrong! :)

Kira, a walking stick? OMW, lol. Hope those two get it sorted, I'm sure just brotherly spat. Thanks for pointing out my arithmetic error, today is probably going to be worse as my darling son woke up at 3.40am and is still up, consequently so am I :(. No wavering, I'm feeling as strong and focused as ever. I felt hungry on Sunday but was fine yesterday even though I ran out of meal packs and had to have a shake instead. Thought I'd miss the meal but was surprisingly ok.

So, order done with sns and should be here this am. Need to get more spinach and cauliflower. Anyone ever had asda frozen spinach? I've been adding it to my meal packs but and was wondering why it's a bit gritty, it's like the spinach has not been washed properly before being frozen and still has the sand in it, it's foul. I highly recommend adding spinach to meal packs tho! Adds fibre and bulks it up. I usually have about 150g spinach, put it in a bowl and put a plate on top and whack in micro for 3 minutes. The add my pack n water and put plate back on and cook as instructed, comes out great. Only one I won't do it with is the cheese pasta, want that over cauli like someone else suggested, looked lush!

Anyone try making a biscuits from their packs? Read on here to add a little water n bake for 10 mins, so tried that. First time in micro, though it looked a little like a browny it had no flavour and was the texture of rubber. I chocked it down as didn't want to waste the pack and for dinner tried making it in the oven. Added only a little water and paste was thick like mousse but came out exactly the same. Help?

Just whipped onto scales and wasn't sure just what I was seeing, my scales show bmi, fat n water and they cycled trough those readings before giving me my weight. Well chuffed.

Anyway, hope you all have a fab day! x

Last edited:
Morning Toni,

just quick hello before the hell of,school run! Boys made up thankfully after school!

We are on day 9 sweetie! Day 8 was yesterday! Yay! Have great day and I'll catch up properly later.

Well done Cornish the weight is just flying off you now :). I have decided to follow your lead and try daily weigh-in's this week as things are moving very slowly so I think this might help me see where I'm going wrong, and help keep me motivated day to day x

Toni I am losing the plot! I thought I read day 8 on your post this morning but it said day 9! I stand corrected! Crikey! Must be these low calories! I had a a sneak peek and I am down 100g from yesterday! Ha! Ha!

I'm just awful with remembering to drink all my water so I'm hoping seeing the difference drinking water makes will make me keep drinking x

Phew! I thought vlcd was affecting my grey cells -the few I have left!

Hope you had a good day, day 9 coming to a close and day 10 tomorrow! Yay!

Back