Day 1 - ElleC's Brand New Life!

Wow congrats, I could never lose that much...my body is having none of it..2 lbs a week is where i'm at, but it'll have to do :)

That's a huge achievement :)

Aww, thank you! And 2lbs a week is still a great loss - more than I could ever achieve on Slimming World / Weight Watchers / Dukan / 5:2 and all the other stupid diets I've ever done. I always think it helps to see it visually - 2lbs is around 2 packs of mince beef that you buy in the supermarket, that's a lot so very well done you. And looking at your BMI you are way closer to a healthy BMI than an unhealthy one so that's a great achievement. :)

Thanks, I can't complain, I just see such great losses, it's taken me 4 weeks to lose 11lbs and some people can do that in a week! :-(

As long as it's going in the right direction thats the main thing I suppose...I know my weight loss will probably slow up the closer I get as well...arrggghhhh lol

Congratulations on your weight loss. You're doing really well!

Had such a terrible weekend... Well, that's not true, I had a lovely weekend but there were some definite down points.

I went to a gig on Friday night and it was amazing. I had a pack before I went in (thanks to my shaker cup!) and then danced and jumped around like a lunatic for the next three hours. Then we went to a pub but I suddenly felt terrible and knew that I was on the verge of passing out. I was slurring my words (obviously hadn't had anything alcoholic), couldn't stand up properly, the room was spinning and I felt like I was about to throw up. I tried drinking iced water as I thought I was dehydrated from all the jumping around and the very hot gig hall but it didn't help at all.

My cousin forced some lemonade down me and I felt a bit better but it didn't last very long and I was soon fighting the urge to just pass out. So the group literally dragged me to a kebab shop (the only thing open in Bath at midnight) and made me sit down, got me to eat some chicken and sip on a can of Coke. Ten minutes later and I was so much better, my blood sugar must have just plummeted. I'd only had two packs that day and was intending to have another when I got home but I guess that wasn't enough to sustain me functioning normally throughout the day and a few hours of jumping around. On Saturday I was craving something salty (I guess I must have sweated it all out) and made a grilled chicken salad but since then I've been back on TS and am fine - I think I'm just going back into ketosis.

I was upset on Saturday morning and cried as soon as I woke up thinking that I had eaten and had Coke when I've been so good but my OH told me that it was out of necessity and I hadn't broken the diet because I wanted to or had a 'sod it' moment but that if I hadn't have raised my blood sugar I would have passed out so I'm still as motivated as I was, just with a bit of a setback... Ho hum.

Awww..hun, your body was telling you something was wrong, you need to listen to it, don't feel bad. When you've been on this while you get to notice the symptoms before it gets to that stage and you can intervene.

A lot of people would have just given up there and then but you've jumped back on it, you should be proud :)

Thanks, hun. I've weighed today and I haven't put on anything but I haven't lost either but it's fine as long as it doesn't go up. I just felt so cross at myself but you're right - my body was definitely screaming that something was wrong and I was lucky I was able to remedy it myself without properly fainting and having to go to hospital. The powers of Coke, eh?! Thank you for your support, honestly, this forum is brilliant. xx

If you'd have gone to hospital you would have had a lecture as well from them...so you're lucky to have dodged that bullet :)

We've all been there, I had my flu jab this morning and blood taken and I feel rotten...all I want to do is Carb up (whenever i'm feeling pants all I want is bread and pasta lol).

Your health is the most important thing, slow and steady wins the race :D

Oh no! Take a long hot soak in the tub and get cozy under a blanket... I always want to carb up too so I reach for - more delicious water!! Ha! xx

I'll be ok, had a salad with mozzarella and ham for tea...and a cheeky quality street (just the one sweet lol). I'm done for tonight now...think I may just go to bed and hope I wake up feeling human tomorrow :-(

Back in ketosis now - hello, dry metal mouth! Weighed this morning and have lost 2lbs from the weekend so back on track. Phew!

Next couple of weeks are difficult as they will involve meals on some nights but I'm planning ahead, know what meals I'm going to have and I'm sure I'll be fine. Might slow weight loss down a bit but as long as it doesn't go up that's fine with me. :)

Well done on the 2lb loss! I've got a few meals coming up as well, and I'm not sure how to forward plan for them - Chinese take away and an Italian meal out this weekend... Oh dear!!
Have a fab week

Well done on the 2lb loss! I've got a few meals coming up as well, and I'm not sure how to forward plan for them - Chinese take away and an Italian meal out this weekend... Oh dear!!
Have a fab week

Ouch...both hard for dieting :-s, i'm quite lucky, i've picked the places for us to have meals and ive always made sure I can have steak/chicken and salad.

Have a fab week

Thank you! I just scour the menu ahead of time (almost like I'm desensitising myself to it!) and make sure I have in my head ahead of time what I'm going to eat. If you're having a Chinese, some beef in black bean sauce, perhaps? Just avoid anything battered and with a day-glow sauce and you'll be grand! And as for the Italian meal, could you have a salad and a steak perhaps? So hard, isn't it? I'm out this Saturday night for double birthday celebrations (husband and best friend's husband) and then next Wednesday is the actual birthday with dinner out on Friday with friends and then brunch on the Sunday with his parents... Argh!

Have a great week - let us know how you get on! xx

Seem to have developed a cold today which sucks. Hope I can get rid of it quickly. Meant to be visiting friends on the weekend and I don't want to pass it to them. Was absolutely freezing cold yesterday, not sure if it was just the weather or the diet as well but am thankful for blankets and slipper boots!

I managed to cook a lot yesterday which was really nice - I made macarons. I did bite into a shell to test the texture but spat it straight back out. Also roasted a chicken for my husband for meals for the next few days - one of my most favourite things and I did have a cheeky tiny nibble but feel fine about that. Funny how the brain works - I'm eating on Saturday night (but sticking to high protein low carbs) and thoughts of 'Go on, have some food, you're eating in a few days' keep popping into my head but am determined not to listen to them!

I think preparation is key so I'll have my shakes in the day and plenty of water and then order sparkling water for Saturday and either fish or steak for mains and swap any carbs for a salad. And then might take myself off to John Lewis on Monday night and treat myself to something for being good :)

Sounds like a plan, you've got to still have a life otherwise you'll never stick to it. I'm out tonight, steak and salad with no dressing it is...i'm REALLY looking forward to it..you're right, this diet does strange things to your brain a few weeks ago i'd never have looked forward to steak and salad haha x

You're totally right! I'd just make myself miserable if I denied myself everything. Ooooh! Enjoy! xxx

i'm meeting up with friends who thankfully don't drink, so there will be no temptation to have afew sneeky vodkas, especially as i'm out tomorrow night and I want to have a couple :)

Ohhhhh... someone's put a massive bowl of jelly beans (the posh ones) in front of me. I'm not one for chocolate, I'm more of a sweets kinda gal and I LOVE jelly belly beans. :(

Stupid balls of sugary deliciousness. I'll just drink more water. Gah!

Back