Day 1 - ElleC's Brand New Life!

Haha, I'm glad I don't have a sweet tooth, if someone put some tortilla chips in front of me I'd struggle lol x

Well, my first 'food' weekend is over and I have to say, I'm mega proud. We went to friends late Friday night and when we got there, the wine, chocolates, crisps etc was broken out but I touched not a one. Instead I had glasses of water and refrained from any food.

I had a shake on Saturday morning before we went out - we wandered round a craft fair with lovely biscuits, fudge, cake etc and then a fairground with tempting smells of dirty hotdogs, burgers etc but I had cup of tea with skimmed milk instead. Then we went for dinner but I had read the menu about a gazillion times beforehand so I knew in my head what I was gonna order and not give in to anything else so started off with a scallop and black pudding starter and had a steak for mains swapping my chips for wilted greens all with a side of some sparkling water.

Yesterday our friends wanted to go out for lunch so I had a couple of thin slices of turkey with veg and gravy - no potatoes, parsnips, etc and avoided dessert and last night I had some grilled chicken with salad. Tested myself last night and this morning and am still in ketosis...

This morning, I jumped on the scales, wincing slightly but I've lost 3lbs this last week. I've already downed my first shake and am back on the water. Feeling much better about food situations now, especially knowing this week I'm gonna have to do it again. It's hubbie's birthday so I have dinner with friends and brunch on Sunday to contend with but am happy this is all going very much the right way. :)

Mega well done! :)

Well done, I've been well and truly off it this weekend...ate pretty much whatever I wanted as I've felt ill. Anyway today had a shake, gave blood and collapsed in M&S, thankfully a very helpful assistant walked me home (I live a minute walk from the store) got in and was violently sick...so off plan again today, will get back on it tomorrow when I feel human again :-(. Hope everyone is having a better time than me :).

Oh my gosh! I hope you're ok. That sounds horrible. Maybe stay off it for the next couple of days and give your body a chance to fully recover? XX

Hopefully I'll be better by tomorrow, feel so ill though...just going to have an early night as back in work tomorrow, and I have a uni assignment due in on Friday :-(....the start to this week isn't great lol

Hi Elle, just popping in to say 'hi' as you are relatively new to Exante and I only started on Wednesday. Looks like you've been having good losses so far. Especially well done with your weekend and managing to stay in ketosis. I've got a few meals out coming up too and I've sensibly taken precautions to avoid temptation striking at the point at which I'm handed the menu! The others are having the Christmas menu including dessert and mince pies so I've pre-ordered off the a la carte menu and have avoided carbs like the plague. I won't drink as I'll be driving so hopefully I won't do too much damage. This is a difficult time to be dieting, especially something as hard core as a VLCD, but I figured I could be 1.5 stone lighter than I am now by Christmas if I started and then this will hopefully keep me watching what I'm eating over the festive season rather than putting it off until the New Year and ending up half a stone heavier than I am right now! I think I would die if I went over 17 stone. It's getting up to 16st12lbs, 2lbs heavier than I was when I was full-term with my son, that has forced me to get back on the VLCD wagon and get this weight thing sorted once and for all! Anyway, good luck with it all. I'll be following your diary with interest. How much are you aiming to lose?

I have a uni assignment in on monday, that combined with TOTM made me unable to resist temptation and so I shared some of BF's pizza tonight :/ You're doing better than me for keeping on the diet! How close are you to target weight now?

-Nic

Hi everyone!

I've been away for a while - I was doing really well at the end of the year but then I was a bit under the weather and of course, Christmas hit but am back on Exante now... I'm not back at square one I'm pleased to report so I'm interested to see where I'll be after the first week. Start of a new year, start of a new me! Hoping to have shifted a lot of bulk by end of April because I wanna start trying for a baby and I don't want to leave it too much longer. :)

I'm also getting a snazzy new convertible at the end of the month so I wanna make sure I'm looking all fit and gorgeous for the summer!

Good luck to everyone doing the diet, I'll definitely be relying and leaning heavily on this forum for support.

xx

Hi Elle. Welcome back. I'm sure you'll soon be looking really glam in your new convertable!

Hi Elle. Welcome back. I'm sure you'll soon be looking really glam in your new convertable!

Haha! Thank you! I'm not sure about glam but as long as I don't look like a hippo squeezed into a matchbox car, that's all I can ask for!

I won't lie, I'm finding this time round exceedingly difficult. First time round, I just got on with it but I'm struggling with it at the moment. I was pretty good on Monday and caved in to some chicken and then yesterday managed to stay on 100%. I'm hoping to have another good day today and then by tomorrow, ketosis might kick in (luckily it's normally quite quick for me) and I'll find the whole thing a lot easier. I have a couple of things on the horizon - one being Chinese New Year where my Mum will be cooking some fabulous dishes but I was able to dip in and out last time so I'm hoping it'll be the same come the end of January.

The other is a Sunday lunch in mid February with some good friends but again, I'm hoping to relax for one meal (no carbs though!) and jump straight back on.

I seem to be so thirsty at the moment which is great as the water is going down a treat but it's like my tongue is coated with sandpaper and I hate the feeling. Also, I have to decide which packs to buy next - I'm good with the shakes but I found that three weeks in I was really craving something savoury. I might bite the bullet and go for the shakes / soups / bars pack even though I'm not convinced I'm going to like either the soups or the bars. I used to like the Lighter Life veg soup with heaps of Tabasco and a spoonful of stock powder but I wasn't too sure about the bars...

Anyone have any advice for me regarding soups / bars? Do they taste ok? Are the bars overly soya tasting?

Hope everyone is having a good week xx

Day 4 today... phew! Looking forward to weighing in tomorrow to see how it's going and hopefully that will keep me motivated. Still umming and aahing about which packs to get next but I have a feeling I'll get super fed up of just having sweet things so might risk going for ones which include soups.

Hi Elle, Everyone's taste differ so much probably best to get a few packs & see what works for you. I love the porridge & vanilla shake but cant stand the strawberry. Unfortunately I have a lot of those cos it was my favourite the last time round!!. Hope your day goes well x

Hey all, i am back after Christmas and Being on Holiday. Started again yesterday (but wont weigh until the 1st of feb as i'm too scared lol) feeling good so far...have the start of a headache which is not surprising, the amount of carbs ive eaten the last few weeks as i've been in france and italy has been unreal, but i'm ready to carry on now :)

Hope everyone is doing ok :)

Hi Lani welcome back. Get through those 1st days & you will soon be back into the swing of things.

Aww, thanks guys. I'm drinking peppermint tea like it's going out of fashion!! I might get myself the four week shakes bumper pack and buy the introduction pack as well - at least I can try before I bulk buy.

Psyched for my weigh in tomorrow! :D

I weighed in this morning... 8lbs lost! WHOO! So that puts me right back to where I was before Christmas. Hurray! Mega chuffed. :)

Back