Delicious meals with minimum ingredients.

This thread is a brilliant idea, nothing more annoying when you've got to buy about 8 different things or something new to just use a bit in a recipe! Will be adding some vegetarian ones once I'm on a proper computer as no recipes on phone...keep up the good work, really hoping it takes off big time :-D

Ah, thanks very much. It definitely makes it worthwhile when you know people are, hopefully, enjoying the recipes. That would be great to get some veggie ones added too. Thanks.

31. CHICKEN TETRAZZINI - Serves 4-5

Syn Free if not using cornflour. Cornflour = 3.5 Syns per level tbsp. so, once divided up, this is still a low-Syn meal.

1 ready-roasted chicken (I always buy one from the supermarket when I'm feeling lazy)
10 rashers of bacon, fat removed and chopped
1 green pepper, de-seeded and finely sliced
8-10 spring onions, chopped
4 Portobello mushrooms, peeled and sliced
1-2 level tbsp. cornflour
625 ml chicken stock
500g wholewheat spaghetti

Remove all the meat from the chicken and set aside.
Spray a large pan with Frylight and fry the bacon until crisp. Remove from the pan.
Fry the pepper for 2 mins, then add the spring onions and fry for a few more minutes before adding the mushroom slices.
Add the chicken and heat through. Season with black pepper but salt shouldn't be necessary.
Pour in the stock and bring to a simmering roll. Do not cover the pan.
In the meantime, cook the spaghetti in boiling, salted water until just cooked.
By this time, if the chicken sauce hasn't thickened enough through some of the liquid evaporating off, blend 1 or 2 level tbsp. cornflour with a very small amount of water and add slowly to the chicken, stirring constantly.
When this has thickened to a saucy consistency, drain the water from the pasta and add it to the chicken mixture. Stir together gently and serve on heated plates.

This recipe is both easy and delicious.

Last edited:
32. A few more ingredients in this one but definitely worth a mention!

BEEF SAAG - Serves 4.

3 Syns for the whole recipe.

1 red onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
400f lean frying steak, diced
1 tsp ground ginger or 2cm piece of chopped, fresh ginger
2 tsp ground coriander
1 tbsp. curry powder, whichever strength you prefer
300ml beef stock
400g can of chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp. gravy granules - 3 Syns
300g fresh leaf spinach
400g potatoes, cut into quarters

Pre-heat a non-stick pan and dry-fry the onion and garlic until the onion is lightly browned. Obviously, use Frylight, if you prefer.
Add the beef and cook until sealed, seasoning with salt and black pepper.
Add the ginger, ground coriander, curry powder, stock and tomatoes and cook for a couple of minutes.
Stir well whilst adding the gravy granules and then add the potatoes.
Cover and simmer for 40 minutes until the beef is tender and the sauce reduced.
Five minutes before the end of cooking stir in the spinach. This will look like a lot but it soon cooks down.
Serve with lots of steamed veggies.

Last edited:
Fingers crossed, Autumn. I hope you like it. Think we're having chicken korma tonight.

Deeeelish!!! Leftovers for tomorrow night and Thursday lunchtime since I'm on my own this week lol

Oh, brilliant! :) I did think about you while I was at work today, Autumn, hoping you enjoyed it. So glad you did. :D

Oh that sounds nice, how do you make your chicken korma?

I just Frylight one chopped onion with a crushed clove of garlic in it, with 2 skinless, chopped chicken breasts. When the chicken is nearly cooked through I throw in some sliced mushrooms and then sprinkle over it 2 chicken Oxo cubes and about 2fl oz of water, just so it doesn't stick or burn. Season and stir through 1-2 tbsp. Korma powder and add a 200g tin of chopped tomatoes. Cook gently until the chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove from the heat and stir through 1 or 2 Muller Fat Free Coconut flavoured Greek yoghurt - 0.5 Syns each, depending on the consistency you prefer. I just serve it with plain boiled rice and some steamed spinach. :) This serves 2 people.

33. SMOKED SALMON AND BEAN DIP

Syn Free

400g can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
200g 0% Greek yoghurt
225g pack smoked salmon trimmings
1 tbsp. chopped fresh dill
1 tbsp. lemon juice

Tip the beans into a food processor with the yoghurt and blend until smooth.
Add the salmon and pulse, keeping the salmon with a little chunkiness.
Tip into a bowl and stir in the dill, lemon juice and seasoning.
Keep in the fridge and serve with your choice of veg. crudités or, if it's still a HEX a WW wholemeal pitta is nice, toasted and cut into strips to tip in. Suppose you could have it as a jacket filling too.

Now, I know there is always confusion with regard to blending foods and how it can change the Syn values but I've looked on-line and, from what I can see, everything is referring to fruit, not veg. If anyone knows differently, please let us know. :)

Last edited:
I just Frylight one chopped onion with a crushed clove of garlic in it, with 2 skinless, chopped chicken breasts. When the chicken is nearly cooked through I throw in some sliced mushrooms and then sprinkle over it 2 chicken Oxo cubes and about 2fl oz of water, just so it doesn't stick or burn. Season and stir through 1-2 tbsp. Korma powder and add a 200g tin of chopped tomatoes. Cook gently until the chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove from the heat and stir through 1 or 2 Muller Fat Free Coconut flavoured Greek yoghurt - 0.5 Syns each, depending on the consistency you prefer. I just serve it with plain boiled rice and some steamed spinach. :) This serves 2 people.

Thanks, this sounds delicious, can't wait to try it :)

I've seen a lot of people using Indian powders with meals, can you just find these in the seasoning aisle with other seasonings and herbs etc?

Gonna try this at the weekend, sounds soooo good

Yes, they should be there. They are in my local Sainsbury's and Tesco so I would imagine it's the same wherever you live. You don't need to buy the branded ones like Pataks or Schwartz - just their own brand are as good. Good luck with it; it's really easy and very tasty. If you're not mad on it being too spicy just add as much powder as you think and give it a taste as you go along. :)

Ah, thanks Autumn. I turned on after work today and in my notifications it said 36 likes and I thought, obviously something's gone wrong with the system! However, when I clicked onto them, I realised, apart from one, they were all from you!! :D Thankyou so much. It's lovely to know you appreciate the recipes. x

34. LAZY SUMMER PASTA - Serves 2

Syn Free if using Parmesan as a HEX or, if you only want a sprinkling of the cheese, just Syn accordingly.

1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
2 courgettes, cut into chunks
3 garlic cloves, unpeeled
250g of cherry tomatoes
140g fusilli or other pasta pieces
Handful of basil leaves
Preferably, freshly grated, Parmesan to serve.

Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 7.
Put the onion, courgettes and garlic into a large ovenproof dish. Spray really well with Frylight and do so from time to time during cooking.
Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and stir through. Roast for about 15 minutes.
Stir in the tomatoes, re-spray and continue roasting for about 15 minutes more, or until veg has softened.
Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Time this so the pasta and veg will be ready at the same time. Cook the pasta, according to pack instructions.
Drain the pasta. Take the veg out of the oven and pop the garlic cloves out of their skins. Mash the garlic against the side of the dish and stir through the veg.
Tip in the drained pasta and toss everything together, tearing in some basil as you go.
Pile into two bowls and serve with the grated Parmesan.

This is so simple but really delicious. With this recipe it's definitely worth buying fresh basil and Parmesan, as the dried versions of each just don't make the recipe taste as awesome as it should.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I'm new :)

One of my recipes is

(everything from sainsburys)
Ingredients:
Rice Noodles
Chopped Tomatoes
Mushrooms
Boiled Chicken
(Any other free foods you like)
Half a teaspoon of paprika, turmeric
One chilli
Onion
Season to taste
Fry light

Boil the rice noodles
Get a saucepan and spray some fry light
Put the onions, chopped tomatoes and the seasoning and spices in.
Let the onions caramelise then add the rice noodles, stir.
Then add the chicken and mushrooms, cover and let the mushrooms cook.

And you're done, lovely with some ready made salad :)

Ah, thanks Autumn. I turned on after work today and in my notifications it said 36 likes and I thought, obviously something's gone wrong with the system! However, when I clicked onto them, I realised, apart from one, they were all from you!! :D Thankyou so much. It's lovely to know you appreciate the recipes. x

Aww you are very welcome, they were all deserved, I used the app mainly and I don't think it has a like button, so I had to like loads in one go when I used the site lol, hope I didn't scare you!

Hi everyone,

I'm new :)

One of my recipes is

(everything from sainsburys)
Ingredients:
Rice Noodles
Chopped Tomatoes
Mushrooms
Boiled Chicken
(Any other free foods you like)
Half a teaspoon of paprika, turmeric
One chilli
Onion
Season to taste
Fry light

Boil the rice noodles
Get a saucepan and spray some fry light
Put the onions, chopped tomatoes and the seasoning and spices in.
Let the onions caramelise then add the rice noodles, stir.
Then add the chicken and mushrooms, cover and let the mushrooms cook.

And you're done, lovely with some ready made salad :)

Brilliant! :) Thanks so much for adding a recipe, Kantastik! It looks like a yummy one too. Think I will be trying this!

Thank you for posting your recipes, fab thread and will be trying a good few over the next couple of weeks. :)

Back