DEN'S LT100% DIARY

Feeling SO pleased with myself today :-D

Thanks to some really good advice, I very nearly completed WK1D1 of my C25K running programme.
On Monday when I tried it I really thought that I'd bitten off a wee bit more than I could chew; that maybe girls my size shouldn't run :-( . Then I talked to my friend who is very fit and runs regularly and she said that I was making the same mistake as many people do when they start running.....I was trying to run too fast!!!!!!!! Well, I didn't honestly believe that it was possible to run any slower than I had on Monday but, this morning, I tried it. I'm sure I could have got further if I'd walked for the required 60 seconds but I DID IT! I alternated 60 seconds of running with 90 seconds of walking for 20 mins (apart from a short pause to recover from a slightly twisted ankle ) and I feel quite confident that when I do it again on Saturday, I'll do it properly :-D

So Deezer, maybe the C25K programme might suit you, though I wouldn't recommend running in the woods like I do if you're prone to twisted ankles (I wanted to be away from spectators! ). If you haven't heard of it the 'c' stands for couch and it's designed for people whose starting point is the couch!
I'll keep you posted on how far from the couch I get!

By the way.......how do you manage to get so much in to your signature? I typed in all my targets etc and got an error message saying the limit was 255 characters :mad:

I've just got the app for my BB which tells you when to walk and when to run!!! : )

Going to let my body settle back into the LT this week and start next week!!! I'm quite excited now!!! Thanks hun!!! x

Oooh! Good on you Deezer :) I'm excited on your behalf! We can be running buddies LOL!
I use the BB App too, and I've made a playlist of upbeat tracks to listen too; even when I'm walking I find it helps me keep up the pace.

How has your week been cherrygem?

Sweet 16

There's a 16 on my scales :)

I'm getting used to that 16 on the scales now :)
Still 100% and getting LOADS of exercise; I swim 4 times most weeks and am aiming to do the C25K workouts on the other 3 days. So far this week I've swum 2.8 km and have done days 1&2 of week one on C25K. How are you finding it Deezer?
My knees are a bit sore - I guess they take a bit of a hammering when I jog; but I'm doing the full 60 seconds of running each time and it's getting easier. I"m the lightest I've been since September 2004 having lost the 3 stone I put on when I left my teaching job.

Ooooh i don't know hun!!! Wonder if its dependant on how long you have been on the site....

I am SO going to look into that!!! x

Thanks my lovely! How are you doing at the moment?

Dx

42 pounds in 42 days :D :D :D

Still 100 % and haven't been tempted to stray but I have to say that there are moments when I REALLY wish I had no sense of smell!

Fish and Chips on Friday night and Curry last night (the family that is, not me!) oooooooooh!

I do tend to get a bit ratty at those times because I feel so sorry for myself! Pathetic really because, at the end of the day, it's over-indulgence on those sorts f things that has got me to this size! I WILL have them again next year though.......just in moderation!

I'm enjoying exercise too, which is a first for me and I've started new threads on running and swimming in the exercise forum - why not join me there too!

Have a great week guys!

Denise

Hey hun... i'm ok! Rough week last week but hormones are settling down again!!!

Where is the excercise forum...??

x

Glad you're putting the tough week behind you. You clearly found the exercise forum cos I saw you there! Did you start your running or was it too awful a week?

Dx

Glad you're putting the tough week behind you. You clearly found the exercise forum cos I saw you there! Did you start your running or was it too awful a week?

Dx
I'm still a bit scared!!! I need to just bite the bullet don't i???

Resisting temptation!

Soooooooo proud of myself!

I had to attend a training session for Scout Leaders last evening
(I'm the Akela of a Cub Pack) all about recycling and waste management; so that we can help the kids learn good habits wrt the environment. The key focus at the moment is on food waste and a large part of the evening was devoted to tasting of dishes made from left-overs !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I didn't :D but oh the smell........mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Soooooooo proud of myself!

I had to attend a training session for Scout Leaders last evening
(I'm the Akela of a Cub Pack) all about recycling and waste management; so that we can help the kids learn good habits wrt the environment. The key focus at the moment is on food waste and a large part of the evening was devoted to tasting of dishes made from left-overs !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I didn't :D but oh the smell........mmmmmmmmmmmmm
YAY!!! Well done you!!! x

Curry Challenge!

Last night was SUCH a success!

I'd been dreading it for weeks because I love Indan food, it was the evening of my Scout Group's family social and they'd organised a curry night in the village hall!
As a cub leader I felt I had to support the event so I took my LT Chicken Soup (which I actually quite like but which does not compare too favourably to curry!) and a bottle of sparkling mineral water. Amazingly, I managed to sit between hubby (Lamb Jalfrezi) and youngest son (Chicken Tikka Massala) and eat my soup without too many feelings of desperation.

Size 18 (non-stretch) jeans on and fastened! Size 16 top ...a world away from the size 22, I was wearing in July and all the justification I needed to avoid mugging any Beaver scouts fir their Naan bread.

I lapped up the compliments, praise and admiration heaped upon me and felt really really good. It now seems that the whole village knows about my weight loss journey and perhaps that is how it should be ..... no giving up now! :D

La La La.............not listening!

I'm ignoring my bathroom scales this morning because according to them I 've GAINED 2 lbs since yesterday! :mad:

Retail therapy methinks ........!

U due on hun!!! You do that big swim??? Did you keep your water up?? When i emailed LT they said some peeps gain while they excercise a lot as they don't drink extra water and become dehydrated!!! x

I think it's the water thing, TOM? Who knows? .....that's a bit of an unpredictable factor ;)

I've been getting worse and worse with my water intake recently and I Know that I drank very little on Saturday and Sunday.

I have had a stern word with myself because although when I got back on the scales yesterday afternoon, the news was better (STS) ; this will not get me in to the 15s will it?

So glug glug glug today !

Thanks Hun xx

Hello FIFTEEN

There's a 'fifteen' on my scales for the first time in I don't know how long :D :D :D

So even if Monday's WI only shows a small loss, that's a milestone that I'm very VERY happy to tick off.

I also completed W3D2 of my running programme, which means that I RAN for 3 minutes! .........twice and survived :)

Changed my life?........just a bit!

Back