Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Phew! Dont think this is gona be a long post cos I'm flipping pooped!

Busy day at work, 2 staff members didn't turn up for their 7am shift so we were a full stretcher vehicle short :mad:

Macmillan nurse wants to try Dad on some other drugs to see if they will control the pain he's in. He doesn't get a minutes respite from it...its just constant all the time :tear_drop:

I did the 2nd C25K run tonite (still only wk 1) and didnt do too bad. I was more organised, got some motivating music ready (ok so "Bat out of Hell" may have been a tad ambitious :giggle:), put a thinner top on, and then my son who's also doing SW asked if he could come, bless him. It was lovely to have him with me! The only problem we had was that he's 6'1", really long legs, and he walks faster than I can run! It was hilarious! But I was amazed at how light he is on his feet, considering he's just under 17 st, he ran rings round me! Was great fun, and we only missed 1 minutes running as it was up a REALLY steep hill and neither of us cud manage it! I've got rather sore ankles now...think its something to do with the way I run. I haven't got a clue how to do it, and its all a bit ungainly and uncontrolled! :eek:

Todays Food

28g fruit n fibre (B)
175mls s milk (1/2 A)

noodles
soy sauce
21g 1/2 fat cheddar (1/2 A)
apple banana
yogurt

chicken salad
salad cream (2)

Total 2 syns.

Nitey nitey all...see u tomorrow xx :zz:

Well done Dawn, sounds like you are making inroads to the running!
Might be worth checking the trainers you run in. I had to get some from the Sweat shop as I was getting terrible blisters in my arches from any trainers I wore, and my feet (apparently) lean to the sides, so I got special proper running trainers and it has made a hugemungious difference! xx

Well done bestie, I would love to start jogging but think i would probably have an asthma attack or my knees would explode, don't think i'd manage it with 21 stone of lard stuck to me!

Haha you two crack me up!!!

Well done on getting run 2 under your belt. I know what you mean about not running properly, I am one of those whose legs kick out at a rather diagonal angle behind me... I dunno how to run so my legs go straight behind me lol. Not that i care, I can't see them!

Good that your son went with you too, I don't want to start running with anyone yet, still feel too slow etc. My flatmate did speak about coming with me one time, but then any time I go out she calls me a mad b'stard... hmm!!

Hope today isn't so busy for you xx

Oh dear!!! Just read all three of your posts and nearly PMSL!!! :8855:

Just got this image flash into my head of the 4 of us out for a run together! :bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss:

Nattymo...3 miles ahead :superwoman: trying to make out she doesn't know us!!! :worthy:

Laura...hot on Nats heels...running completely the wrong way :eek: cos shes SOOO loved up shes planning her next sexy date wiv gawjus bf!!! :candledinner:

Me...staggering around in my cunning disguise trying to find a route without a sodding HILL!!! :faint2:

And last, but by no means least, bestie Nicki...bringing up the rear with her exploding knee caps firing off in all directions!!! :character00264:

:rotflmao::8855::rotflmao::8855::rotflmao::8855:

And now for Todays Food

28g bran flakes + 1 ryvita (B)
175mls s milk (1/2 A)
1/2 f butter (1 1/2)
marmite

tinned salmon salad
salad cream (2)
orange
banana
cheesecake style yogurt (1)

3 x ww sausages (1 1/2)
tomatoes
2 x eggs
tom sauce (2)

1 x ryvita (1 1/2)
1/2 f butter (1 1/2)
21g 1/2 f cheddar (1/2 A)
marmite

Total 11 syns

Have fun ladies!!! Lots of love xx

Last edited:
Haha if bf was in the opposite direction I'll be runnin that way to pin him down!!!

Hahahahaha!! You ladies crack me up lol!!

Hi Dawn,

Finally found your thread. I have read all the way through despite it being 12.45am and I'm tired and need to go to bed.

You are doing great and I'm impressed with everyone's running. I have just started but whatever I manage on one run, it feels like I'm starting from scratch the next time. I know it's all in my head but I just don't feel like it when I get out there so I have to force myself to keep moving my legs. Then when I get back, I feel brilliant ! Doh !!

Anyway, I'm not going to write much other than to say I hope they manage to get your Dad's pain under control soon - at least they're going in regularly to keep trying. Good luck for your WI (which I think is soon ?)

Gail x

Hey Dawn

How is your week going? any news with Dad - hope he is ok hon.

Just saw the running description of us all going out together - you are a funny lady!! You will be overtaking me soon for sure!!

xx

ps - WI tonight isnt it? good luck :)

Hi Nat and Hi Gail :wavey:

Yeah WI tonight :busted:

Well I was so flipping tired last night I fell asleep in bed with the lap top! I managed to post a bit on a couple of other diaries and that was it...GONE!!! :doh:

I think the week has been ok diet wise :cross: , no real probs or blips apart from the hog roast incident in MK :giggle:

Quite enjoyed work yesterday :eek: but then again I always do when I know its my last day for a week lol!

And managed another run last night! I tried a different strategy...figured out I could just about make it to the main road in the 5 min warm up and then start my run from their cos its FLAT!!! :woohoo: So thats what I did, and it was ok but the stupid C25K app stopped just after 1/2 way round so I had to guess when to run and when to walk! I think the touch screen got 'touched' by by fat arse as it bashed against it! :8855: I have to say I was totally pooped when I got back...not finding it any easier at all!!! In fact it was harder as I seem to have picked up some sort of injury to my right ankle and it was quite a struggle to get round! Gail, I completely know what you mean...I feel like its run 1 every time I do it! It is early days tho, and I've never done anything like this before, so maybe we just have to be patient and take it at a slower rate than others. I did track how long my route was last night and it was 1.99 miles, so if nothing else it was a good little trek!

Thanks both for asking after Dad xx. I picked up some new meds from the hospital last night and took them round for him. He does look so poorly now. So frail and pale. His skin is bleeding on parts of his face and we're not sure if this is the aspirin he takes to prevent further blood clots, so the Mac nurse is lookin into it for us. Still doesn't want to eat, and still in agonising pain. The replacement hip is sticking right out, and the bolts from the metalwork holding his leg together are also sticking out so badly it looks like they will pierce the skin at any moment. But the xray last week said it was ok :confused: We have an ambulance picking Dad up this afternoon to take him for an ultrasound scan, and have an appt with the surgeon who did both ops next week, so it will be interesting to see what he thinks. The Mac nurse has also booked Dad into the hospice for a bone infusion next week. It should only be a day procedure but Dads still not very keen.
So, all in all, pretty miserable for him :sigh:

Better put Yesterdays Food on...

28g fruit n fibre (B)
175 mls s milk (1/2 A)
banana

noodles
banana
apple
yogurt
hi fi bar (3)

spag bol
21g 1/2 f cheddar (1/2 A)

Total syns 3

Hope you ladies are doing FABULOSO!!! :talk017:

Fingers crossed for tonight...

Hi Dawn,

Finally found your thread. I have read all the way through despite it being 12.45am and I'm tired and need to go to bed.

Gail x

Hi Gail and :thankyou: for reading the diary!!! Ooh...you are as bad as me!!! When I get into something, I have to see it thru to the end...which is why I often wake up in the morning with a flat laptop ;) Sorry for keeping you up lol!!! I dont take full responsibility tho...if you read thru you will see I attract some very nutty women :banana dancer: (present company accepted of course) who sabotage my diary with witty comments!!! Feel free to join the unruly lot!!! :8855:

Just had a look at your stats...blimey girl you have done MEGA well!!! :happy096: You have lost what I would like to lose! Whats your secret??? Do tell! :secret: Have you got a diary I can have a nose through? :peep:

Thanks for taking the time to post hunni, and for asking after Dad. Hope your running keeps improving...its gona be a loooooong job with me I think!!!

Keep in touch, love Dawn xx

Oh Dawn your diary makes me giggle. I woke up at 4.30am this morning wide awake and convinced myself I was getting up at 6 to go for a run, to save me time later. In my head I was trying to think of which direction to walk in for the 5 min warm up that would lead me to the flattest place and I figured it would practially be the High Street so there was no bloody way I was going there, even at 6am!! In the end I fell asleep at about 5.30 and was dead to the world until my alarm went off at 7... Oops!!!

So sorry that you poor dad seems to be suffering such a lot. It's horrible to see people in pain, I imagine it's something you see regularly in your job, but it's so much harder when it's someone you love. I hope they can do something for him soon xxx

Hi Laura,

This is so funny... Every time I go to a page...I've just missed you lol!!!

Great minds think alike re the flat running ground!!! I was worried about people passing by last night, but tbh no other nutter walks along there cos it just leads to the next village, so its mainly cars going by and they were going somewhat faster than me (actually I even saw a hedgehog last night which was running faster than me :sigh: ) so they were only there for a few seconds at a time! I just put my cap on, turned my music up, and tried to ignore everyone else. I did wait till it was dark tho!

It is heartbreaking seeing Dad the way he is. He's always been so active. As a young man he was always in the paper for his footballing achievements...they called him Hot Shot Andrews!!! In fact we were in the village pub a couple of years ago (Dad and I live in the village he was born in) and a man came over and said 'Hot Shot Andrews...I'd know you anywhere!!!' and it turned out to be one of Dads old team mates! After football, he went on to captain the local cricket team for quite a few years, then took up squash, and in later years played bowls at county level in Somerset. I'm grateful that he retired early at the age of 47, lived in Spain for a few years before coming back to England to settle in Somerset and then finally back home to Northampton. He's only 68 now, and was diagnosed 4 yrs ago, so if he'd waited till he was 65 he wouldnt have had much of a retirement. At least he's had alot of good times to look back on. I do take some comfort from that. But its the hardest thing I've ever had to do...watch my big strong fit Dad be robbed of his health, mobility...life, all due to a ba***rd of a disease.

Well seems to me you ought to encourage your boss to go out more!!! Much more fun being on here than working! :8855:

Last edited:
Sorry to hear your about your dad, hopefully the new meds will help.
The c25k does appeal but i've always wondered what i must look like to see someone stop starting. Hopefully your ankle starts feeling better and this time next year you'll be training for the london marathon!

Sorry to hear your about your dad, hopefully the new meds will help.
The c25k does appeal but i've always wondered what i must look like to see someone stop starting. Hopefully your ankle starts feeling better and this time next year you'll be training for the london marathon!

I have to say, I do feel a bit silly sometimes if the woman in my ear says "walk" and there's someone nearby cos I think they will think I've just run out of puff and given up lol! But then again, who gives a stuff what they think? :Na_Na_Na_Na: I'm probably never gona see them again, and they cant possibly recognise me in my cunning disguise! :cool:

Do you fancy trying it Nicki? I think it cost me about £1.80 to get it on my phone xx

I always feel silly too if i am told to stop just before I pass someone, I always think they will think I'm embarassed to run past them, which I am lol. Which is why I try to avoid people at all costs!!

Hi all :wavey:

Had quite a mixed day today :confused:

It started with a bit of a lay in this morning, playing on here and generally slobbing in bed till 10.00am, something I haven't done for a long time.
Then I made it out of bed as far as the kitchen, and had breakfast with Gwyn, still attached to the laptop and minimins! And there I stayed till 13.00 :eek: Wot a lazy cow! Just couldn't get going at all, and I was really enjoying the banter on here :D

So had a slim a soup and then hubby suggested we went for a walk. Thought this would be an excellent idea with wi looming ;) We decided to take the car down to a road we have driven past many times but not actually been along before. Its actually blocked off to cars but theres a footpath down to a small river and we've often wondered where it goes, and whether it would take us to our local rugby ground. So off we went, following the path along the river, and it was really lovely. It did take us to the rugby ground, so we now have another way to walk to the matches :) Had a nice stroll back to the car... 2 miles altogether so blew a few cobwebs away.

We then went down to the hospital to meet Dad and Shirley for Dads scan. He had just been taken in when we got there, and Shirley told us he wasn't having a very good day. Anyway the scan took about 15 mins, and thankfully Dad managed to cope with it fairly well, although he needed a dose of morphine when he came out. Dad said the radiographer found some inflammation and fluid around the site of the metalwork in the femur which was probably as a result of the ops, but that nothing else seems amiss which is good news. Didn't have to wait long for the ambulance to pick him up...2 of my favourite girls...came marching in with "Right come on then handsome!!!" which put a smile on Dads face :)

Quick dash into Morrisons for some salad for tea and then back home to pick Andrew up to go fat club sorry SW ;) .......

where I lost 3lbs and got my 2 1/2 stone shiny!!!!!! :woohoo:

and where Andrew put 1 1/2lbs on!!!! :d'oh:

All the ladies made a real fuss of him and told them they were gona text him day and night to try and keep him on track lol! Poor kid really didnt know if they were serious or not! :bolt:
The two ladies that wi said something really nice to me tonight and it actually made me blush! They commented on how well my weight loss was going which was nice, and then they said how they'd noticed my shape had changed and that I'd got a little waist now and and was looking curvey!!! Me? Curvey? With a waist too!!! Maybe this weight loss thingy IS starting to show now. Maybe I'm now officially CURVEY instead of FAT!!! :party0049: Go me!!! I know I've dropped a couple of dress sizes but not many people seem to have noticed.

Now I'm all tucked up in bed, feeling pretty pleased with myself, disappointed for Andrew, and still worried about Dad. No wonder I don't sleep at nights! :rolleyes:

Todays Food

28g fruit n fibre (B)
175 mls s milk ( 1/2 A )

slim a soup (3)

Beef salad
Jacket potato
salad cream (2)
1/2 f butter (2)
21g 1/2 f cheddar ( 1/2 A )

Total syns:- 7

Exercise:- 2 mile walk

Hope you've all had a nice day, here's to another good day tomorrow xx

Good morning Lovely

Well done on such a great loss :happy096: -especially at such a stressful time! My thoughts are with you, your family and especially your lovely dad -lets hope they get his pain under control soon. It is such a b*tch of a disease isn't it.

Well can I join the odd looking running team please :D Im starting on Saturday -we are heading to the lake -the only flat place around here -so I will just be biting the bullet and running/hobbling where there are loads of people :eek: -lots runnning, biking and skating *gulp* -the plus point is I won't see anyone I know and they will all be German so even if they are rude I won't know -not that I care any more ... so ladies I suggest you blue tack down all you fave ornaments because there may be earth tremmors on Saturday :rotflmao:

Hope you have a good day -and keep up the great work :clap:

:happy036::happy036::happy036::happy036::happy036:

:welcome: aboard the Galloping Girlies team Capricorn!!! :banana dancer:

I hope you know what you've let yourself in for lol!!! :eek: Actually its all great fun! I'm absolutely rubbish at running, but I'm blooming stubborn and I'm a trier...think I must take after my Dad :D Well...my Mum would agree on the stubborn part anyway...

So who are you going with hun? Sounds really nice to be running/walking round a lake. Bit different to me plodding up and down the main road lol!. Real bonus that no one will know you...that was one of my worries. Silly isn't it? Seems we can cope with complete strangers looking at us but not our friends!

Now have you got your Cunning Disguise sorted yet? This is a very necessary part of the operation in order to be assured of COMPLETE anonymity :8855: May I suggest the wearing of a :airquote:joggers cap:airquote:? This has a double whammy effect on those requiring to be invisible on their run:-

1, It will cover a large portion of your head/face (even more so if worn with a fetching wig and dark glasses :cool:) thus
making it difficult for the passer by to clock you :peep:

2, It will allow you to blend in effortlessly with other runners as the :airquote:joggers cap :airquote:now appears to be a recognised piece of :airquote:uniform:airquote:

If at all possible, it is advisable to plan your run for a Saturday afternoon (when the footies on tv), Sunday afternoon (when the rugbys on tv), or under cover of darkness (when every other sensible person is in bed :zz:)

The use of dark glasses is NOT recommended for your night time disguise :ambulance:

I hope this information has been of some use to you :8855: As an experienced runner of one whole week I feel its my duty to pass on my wealth of knowledge and experience to you :rotflmao:

Lots of love,

Dawn ;)

P.S. Ornaments safely glued to sideboard :cross:

Back