Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Well done on your loss Dawn - that is ACE!!! and lovely to have compliments miss curvy!! Bless Andrew, He will have that off next week (especially if the ladies do bomabrd him with texts!!) poor love! xx

Evening all!

Not much to report today.

Finally went food shopping...I really hate shopping for anything but food has to be the worst! Gwyn nearly has a heart attack every time we get to the till cos it's always more money when I go with him!!!

Then a quick bite to eat, and then went car hunting with step mum Shirley. They have a lovely car, Ford Focus, but Dad used to do all the driving and now he can't manage to even get in a car let alone drive one. And Shirley is finding it far too big for her, hence the trot out to Allen Ford today to have a look around. She more or less decided on a nice Fiesta, but of course we have to speak to Dad about it first. The garage has offered to let us test drive it to Dads house on Monday so he can see it from the living room.

Gwyn's gone to choir practise, DD gone to her boyfriends, Andrew upstairs on his xbox...and me contemplating going for a run but I'm so full of dinner I think I'm gona have to give it a miss!

Hope everyone is ok...

Todays Food

28g fruit n fibre (B)
350mls s milk (A)

boiled egg
salad
salad cream (2)
noodles

chicken salad
rice
salad cream (3)
boiled egg

G&T (3)

Total syns:- 8
Exercise:- 15 mins exercise bike

Good morning!

Oh what a lazy day I've had so far! Nearly midday and only just finishing my breakfast! Nice lay in, then shower. Think I'm gona now the lawn in a min cos its a gorgeous day and I feel like doing something outside. Housework can wait...again lol! Xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Lawns mown and edged, borders tidied, and washing all dried! Aren't sunny days simply wonderful!
Sitting in the conservatory now, soaking up the last of the heat :) Lovely xx

Todays Food

2 x wm bread (B)
1/2 f butter (2)
Marmite

No lunch (v late breakfast ;))

Mushy pea beef curry
Rice
Wine (6)
Ice cream (6)

Total:- 14 syns
Exercise:- 15 mins exercise bike

Enjoy your wkend folks! Xx

Sounds like a really lovely day :)

I love the sunshine. Sadly didn't see too much of it !

I posted on someone's about people noticing weight loss. I had really started to feel the difference in my clothes at 2-2.5 stone but other people didn't really start to notice until 3-3.5 stone (I know that you have quite a bit less to lose than I did but even so). It is a bit frustrating (because you have already achieved so much) but I promise it will happen. And for me it started to happen all of a sudden. So i look forward to the day that you post about all the people who are noticing. It's a great feeling.

Gail x

Aww thanks Gail! I think people are so used to seeing me either in big shapeless t-shirts, or in my uniform, and I'm only just starting to feel confident enough to wear more fitted clothes. I haven't bought anything new either...just got out some of the stuff from the top of the wardrobe that I put away a couple of years ago cos it didn't fit! I think another stone off and it will really start to show :D

Had quite a busy day today. Hubby brought me a cuppa tea in bed which was nice. Had breakfast and then started preparing dinner while Gwyn was at church. DD and BF came to dinner as usual, and just Gwyn and me. I really miss Dad and Shirley coming for Sunday dinner...Dads just too poorly to leave the house now :cry:

After dinner Gwyn and I walked to Dads and spent a couple of hours there. Gwyn helped to sort out their dvd recorder, which they've had for 3 years but never known how to use :d'oh: while I had a chat with Dad who was sadly too ill to get out of bed today.

Then we walked home again and Gwyn pottered in the garden while I had an hour on the laptop, waiting for it to get dark enough for my to go on my run!!! (I use the term 'run' VERY loosely...more walk/run/walk/run a bit more etc) Went for run under cover of darkness an quite enjoyed it...ankle problem seems to have resolved itself but now my left knee is killing me! :rolleyes: Think I am gonna have to invest in a cheap pair of running shoes if I'm gonna carry on with this c25k. My poor old trainers don't give any protection to my old joints as 13 stones pounds the streets! :eek:

Hope everyone's well, chat tomorrow xx

Todays Food

2 x wm toast (B)
1/2 fat butter (2)
marmalade (2)

pork chop
salad
salad cream (2)
new pots
cauliflower/mushroom/leek/onion/cheese bake (A + 1 syn)
strawberries + yoghurt

orange
milk for drinks (4)

Total 11 syns
Exercise:- 1 mile walk
c25k wk 2 run 1(3.45k)

That's why it's good that you're just doing walk/run at the moment. It will give you joints chance to get used to the running and as the weight falls off you, the joints will get stronger and better. It will be a great feeling.

Sorry to hear that your Dad is not good. I am thinking of you.

Gail x

Hmmm...wot to do today...?

I could...

Go into town and get some running shoes
Ring mum and see if she'd like some help painting her fence
Pop to dads and see if Shirley wants to go car hunting
Clean the cupboard under the stairs out...ugh!
Do some more work on the garden
Play on minimins all day

Love my days off but there's so much to fit in! Dunno how I'm gonna manage when I go back full time!

Well, still no decision made, laying in bed with lovely cuppa and even lovelier hubby! (Er...he's reading his book ladies! ;) ) Shower, brekkie, then see I think. Still getting some gip from my knee today so I think the shoes must be near the top of the list, and prob mums fence too.

Have a nice day xx

Hi Dawn ...

Hope you are off doing something interesting .... new trainers sound like a NEED and not a WANT... can't be injuring yourself :nono:
Thanks for popping into my diary :D - am I now officially a member of your running team them ..am I :gimi:... am I :gimi:. I dragged hubby out again this morning, and we went the route that we sometimes walk thats almost on our doorstep - so it was all cross country, running -well *jog-alking* as its now known :p along the edges of fields, through allotments and woods :silly: - hubby reckons I have the potential to be quite a serious runner when I get lighter :rotflmao: me thinks he is deluded :silly:
Im really hoping it will help me lose my "fatta podge jelly wobble belly" -although THAT will require a heck of a lot of running :D

ooohh and you would be proud as I shoehorn myself into my lycra ridden outfit and leave the house in day light hours :crazy: - no disguise for me, Im sure some folks must have thrown back their curtains this morning and spotted me tootling along and been tempted to close them up again :giggle:

Anyway - I will stop yapping -for now... hope you are well and have found some "me" time in your day somewhere..
Sending gentle thought to your lovely dad and hope they keep him as pain free as possible..
Take care lovely.. and keep up the great work!!!

Hi Dawn ...

Thanks for popping into my diary :D - am I now officially a member of your running team them ..am I :gimi:... am I :gimi:.

ooohh and you would be proud as I shoehorn myself into my lycra ridden outfit and leave the house in day light hours :crazy: - no disguise for me, Im sure some folks must have thrown back their curtains this morning and spotted me tootling along and been tempted to close them up again :giggle:

Hi Capricorn,

Oh I think you are gonna fit in VERY well in our little running team lol!!! Go you in your little sporty lycra number!!! :banana dancer: I think you are gonna be the glamorous one in the team :D

Didn't get my new running shoes...just didn't get the time. Tbh my knee is still quite painful so I won't run again for a couple of days anyway.

Had a really nice day painting Mums fence for her. DS1 came as college broken up for hols, and DD came too as no work today. We got quite a lot done, but not all of it so will have to pop back tomorrow or Wednesday.

But then I had a phone call to say Dad is going into the hospice again tomorrow :cry:
The Mac nurse said she has never come across anyone in as much pain as Dad. He's on massive amounts of morphine and other meds but they're just not touching the pain. She tried to get him to agree to going into the hospice but he really didn't want to. But she was quite firm, and told him that if something wasn't sorted soon, he would die from the pain, not the cancer. So the ambulance is booked to take him tomorrow afternoon.

So not sure what the plan is for tomorrow. I kinda feel I've had all the stuffing knocked out of me atm :sigh:

Todays Food

28g branflakes (B)
175mls s milk (1/2 A)

no time for lunch...painting!!!

salad
noodles
pasta sauce (2)
salad cream (2)
21g 1/2 f cheddar (1/2 A)
pork chop
strawberries
ff yoghurt
hi fi bar (3)

Total syns:- 7
Exercise:- not much unless I can count the fence painting!

Have a great day tomorrow folks xx

Last edited:
Aww Dawn {{{hugs}}} So sorry to hear your Dad is suffering so much. Will they be able to make him more comfortable in the hospice? If so maybe it is the best place for him xxx

PS
I'm sure the painting counts as some sort of Body Magic!! :)

*huggles bestie* :hug99: Hopefully they can quickly sort the pain out for him and make him a lot more comfortable.
If i jog with wii fit does that mean i can join the running club?

Hi guys,

thanks for your lovely posts xx

I think this is a last ditch attempt to get the pain under control at the hospice. They did a great job last time he was is...just hoping they can do it again. It will certainly be easier in some ways for him. Shirley does her best but she's limited as to what meds she can give him, and also moving him about etc. At least he will have 24hr care, and access to any drugs they think may help. He hasn't eaten for a month so I think they will start him on steroids. And if the pain persists, they may send him to another hospital to have a nerve block. Poor Dad is totally in their hands. In my head I know it's the best thing for him...but my heart knows he wants to be at home.

Nicki...you can jog on the bloody moon if you like hunni...of course u can join the running club!!! :clap:

Oh Dawn, you are being so brave. I'm sure that going into the hospice is a good plan. Hospices are such amazing places that they will be able to help him. Big hugs for all if you - I'm sure that having such fantastic family around him will be a great comfort.

You are all in my thoughts.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Oh Dawn, you are being so brave. I'm sure that going into the hospice is a good plan. Hospices are such amazing places that they will be able to help him. Big hugs for all if you - I'm sure that having such fantastic family around him will be a great comfort.

You are all in my thoughts.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks Gail,

I'll be honest with you... I'm not being brave...I think I'm just denying its really happening. I do that. I try to ignore stuff, bury my head etc like its not really there. I have to believe that this is yet another 'setback', and that he will come out again, cos I can't face thinking about the alternative. I can't say how scared I am. Damn, now I'm getting upset.

I knew that too. But you are being brave too. I see lots of people at work who are just amazing at what they deal with and I tell them that, but I also know that it's not always like that. I know full well that whatever you post here that you have your moments when you wobble. But that is normal and to be expected. This is really difficult - maybe the most difficult thing that you've ever had to do in your life. I'm sorry to upset you but I want you to know that you are being amazing (even if you don't always feel like that) and I'm sure your Dad really appreciates that. Huge big hugs.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Back