Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Wow Dawn, despite everything that is going on - you sound so upbeat and positive. You are really inspiring.

Do keep us posted on your dad, hopefully the next scan will show what is going on - poor love xx

Hi Nattymo,

At work...shhhhh...hopefully quiet atm!

Thanks very much for yr lovelypost xx I think I may be running on auto pilot now!! This is the point where I would normally starting to crumble and then stuff my face and attack the wine bottles. Wonder why we think that food and drink can ansa all our problem? But I am going to try so hard to not giv in this time...dads so proud I've lost 2 stones, and I really don't wana let him or myself down. Will defo keep u informed xx

Having a pretty nice day at work. The sun is shining (not that I've seen much of it in the office :( ), DD managed to find her way to work again, DH has been to pik up poor little Sophie dog from the vets (he says she's in a nice little casket and currently on the dining room table until we find a place to put her) and I'm starting to worry about tonights wi ;) It's not that I've been bad or anything...just get the wobbles every wi night!

Did I tell u DS1 is doing sw with me? He's a very shy lad, a 6'2" cuddly teddy bear bless him. He started the wk after me, I think he weighed just over 18 stones, and last wk he dropped into the 16 stone bracket! I'm v proud of him! Hope he loses again tonight. And its lovely to go with him each week and have a bit of a natter. Even tho we live in the same house it seems we don't get the chance to talk, just him and me.

Well I should go and chase some of these patients up or they won't get moved today! Post later with the dreaded wi result! Xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Well ladies...hope you've all had a great day, enjoying the sunshine & not working too hard :) Good first day back at work after 3 wks off...only 1 vehicle breakdown which is good cos only got 1 spare ambulance lol!

Has my wi...thrilled with 3lbs off and SOTW!!! :bliss: Go me!!!

Todays food

42g all bran
175 mls s milk ( 1/2 A )

tinned red salmon
salad
salad cream (2)
banana
Muller light banana custard yogurt

ham/beef salad
salad cream (2)

21g 1/2 fat cheddar ( 1/2 A )
Ryvita ( 1 1/2 )
1/2 fat butter (1)
marmite

options hot choc (2)

Total 8 1/2 syns

-3 and SOTW! well done sweets!

That is lovely that you go along with your son, like you say - you both support each other and get to spend some 'real' time together catching up.

Back to work after 3 weeks...hope it goes ok for you.

Menu looks good for today!

Thank you! Thank you! thank you! You luvly ladies you! Ooh I was so pleased! My scales showed -1 so POOH to them lol!
Just bin sitting outside in the sun, trying to avoid the exhaust fumes in the car park, tucking in to my salad and tinned salmon.
Stuffing an apple down me now while trying to get my comp on!
Chat tonight xx

Hi all :D

Not alot to write today really.

Work was ok, usual story of not much happening until around 16.00hrs and then of course the :hitthefan:
Seemed all the docs decided to discharge their patients at the same time! And of course they ALL needed ambulances, & then we got a transfer to oxford too. So it got a bit busy for a while!
Then I looked on FB & the 1st thing I saw was DD congratulating her BF on his 19th bday :eek: I'd forgotton! But no probs ... pop to Morrisons on the way home to get card and pressie ...easy! But no...not QUITE that easy as I remembered that in an effort to lose as much weight as poss last night I emptied my work trouser pockets (diary, PURSE, CARD WALLET) & left everything on top of the fridge! :mad: Luckily my boss had just been to the bank & lent me £20 :eek:

Hadnt got a clue what to buy so in the end I got a chocolate bday cake & 4 tubs of different flavoured Ben & Jerrys ice cream cos he LUVS it lol! Popped in dads to drop his morphine off & then home for tea.

Then I had the brainwave of going for a walk/run using the C25K app I downloaded tonite. Well, I had to wait till it was dark, obviously, & got well wrapped up so no one wud recognise me lol! And then I started. I did half of it (20 mins) which I was very pleased with! :party0049:

Busy day tomorrow...moving DS2 into his new flat. My baby boys leaving home...:wave_cry:

Hope everyones ok xx See you tomorrow xx

Todays Food

oats (B)
175 mls s milk ( 1/2 A )

tinned red salmon
salad
salad cream (2)
banana
new york style yogurt (1)

2xsausages (4)
bacon
salad
salad cream (2)
jacket spud
1/2 fat butter (1)
21g 1/2 fat cheddar (1/2 A)

butterscotch hi fi bar (3)
G&T (2 1/2)
options hot choc (2)

Total 17 1/2 syns :sign0007:

Wooh, what a fab birthday present lol, you sound like a great potential MIL ;)

And you go the app and actually did something with it, go you!! Keep at it and you will soon get the bug and be actively excited at what the next week's running may bring!!! xxx

Hi Maverick!

OMG! U shudda seen me hun! Got me old trainers with a split in the sole, sum saggy arsed joggers which were the only things that fit me at my heaviest and are now too big for me, and a hoodie on! And I puffed and staggered my way round the estate! Of course I was too hot within minutes, but the hoodie was an essential piece of equipment as not only was it my disguise to stop the neighbours recognising me, it also protected any passers by from viewing my wobbly bits ( boy, do they wobble!) But I'm annoyed I only did 20 mins, shows how poor my fitness level is. It's a shame cos I enjoyed it, and it was quite a buzz! My face was crimson wen I got home so it must hav got the old heart pumping! Gotta figure out how to get the music playing on the app b4 the next time.
In bed now, watching ultimate cake challenge and trying hard to ignore my aching knees and hips lol!

Hi Dawn, your C25K disguise did make me laugh. I wear one of my son's baseball caps, old 3/4 length jogger bottoms, a Freddie mercury tribute t-shirt as its the longest thing I can find to cover the rump and my trainers too were dug out from about 5 years ago and you can see my docks through them. What a state!

It's really good that you're doing it though, keep at it. It is strangely addictive. :)

It is addictive isn't it?? I am so happy that I have found my route on a farm track way where very few people ever go, so no-one ever sees me. That also does make it a little bit creepy tho... My running gear is a long sleeved t shirt (My Ipod sits better on top of cloth rather than skin) and then my "Maverick" Top Gun t shirt with a pair of old trackie bottoms that I've had forever and my Reebok trainers that my bf tells me if I cleaned them up and wore them in public, I would qualify as a chav!! I sometimes wear a cap too, but the wind has been mental recently so I've been leaving it behind!

By the time I get home I'm all red too, sooo unfit, but at least that way you know it's working!!! xx

Hahahahaha! Oh I'm so glad its not just me that goes out looking like something from a young offenders unit lol!!!
I'm gona have to find a better route...everytime I saw someone I wanted to stop cos I felt such a fake! Me...pretending to be a runner...its hilarious really :rotflmao:
But...it really was a buzz! I mean it was only walk 5 minutes/run a minute/walk a couple of minutes/ run etc, but I felt like I was doing some real exercise!

My only disappointment was that I simply couldn't do the whole program :sigh: This might have been aggravated by a few things...
My cunning disguise was SOOO damn hot I was dripping within a minute :sign0007:
I ran up a hill...not the best thing to do right at the start :d'oh:
I am not a runner...any thing faster than a gentle ramble resembles an epileptic spider :eek:
I do not possess a sports bra to incarcerate my DD's...need I say more? :censored:
I have a fitness level of precisely ZERO :ashamed0005:
Oh yes...and I'm FAT!!! :17729:

So today has been v busy...moving DS2 and GF into their new flat. It all went well & I think they will be fine. Theyre only 5 mins away by car so its not too bad, but I miss him already even tho he spent most of his time at GFs mums. Then I gave his old room a clean,stripped and made the bed, sorted out the airing cupboard, hoovered and washed the carpets & cleaned the kids bathroom.

Now I'm in bed wiv the lap top, DH is fast asleep bless him. He;s been working on the garden most of the day.

Busy day tomorrow again so might not get on here :eek: We're going on one of the 45 coaches organised to take us to MK to watch our beloved Saints rugby team in the Heineken Cup quarter finals! COME ON YOU SAINT!!! :party0049:

Then we have to shoot off to a choir concert that DH is singing in...dont think we will make it for the start but it cant be helped.

Todays food

2 x wm bread (B)
175mls s milk (1/2 A)
1/2 f butter (1 1/2)
marmalade (1)

noodles + soy sauce
21g 1/2 fat cheddar (1/2 A)

sw chips
salad salad cream (1)
cod in breadcrumbs (6)
wine (6)

total 15

See you all soon...be good!!! :wavey:

Oh Dawn, you are funny with your running tales! Hills almost kill me too!

ENJOY your day out in MK... woo hoo...c'mon!

Haha I had the opposite thing the other day. I was doing my run and there was someone coming towards me. I felt like I had to carry on running til I was past them, even tho the woman in my ear had already told me to stop!!!

Have a good day today xx

Hi all,

This post cums to u from sunny MK!! Laying in the sun, by the stadium, waiting to wander in and take our seats for saints v ulster.
I do hav a confession to make...just had pork/apple sauce/ stuffing roll wiv crackling! Well it IS a special occasion lol! Oh dear...I no bestie Nicki is so gona kick my butt for that lol!
Hope everyone's ok xx

Hi all,

This post cums to u from sunny MK!! Laying in the sun, by the stadium, waiting to wander in and take our seats for saints v ulster.
I do hav a confession to make...just had pork/apple sauce/ stuffing roll wiv crackling! Well it IS a special occasion lol! Oh dear...I no bestie Nicki is so gona kick my butt for that lol!
Hope everyone's ok xx

Bestie i don't believe it! :ignore: Not that i can reeeeally say anything with my latest antics. But i guess pork is free on red, apple is a fruit and a roll is a hex (its a stretch but it works :rotflmao:)

Bestie i don't believe it! :ignore: Not that i can reeeeally say anything with my latest antics. But i guess pork is free on red, apple is a fruit and a roll is a hex (its a stretch but it works :rotflmao:)

Like your thinking Nicki:party0049:...now I know why you're my bestie lol!! :hug99:

Well it didnt get any better I'm afraid! We were on a bit of a high cos WE WON! WE WON! WE WON! & then we went to a choir concert hubby was singing in, & they brought round wine & canapes! So not wishing to appear rude...I ate loads!

So I'm 'doing a Nicki' and getting back on track tomorrow xx

Have a gd day tomorrow all xx

Like your thinking Nicki:party0049:...now I know why you're my bestie lol!! :hug99:

Well it didnt get any better I'm afraid! We were on a bit of a high cos WE WON! WE WON! WE WON! & then we went to a choir concert hubby was singing in, & they brought round wine & canapes! So not wishing to appear rude...I ate loads!

So I'm 'doing a Nicki' and getting back on track tomorrow xx

Have a gd day tomorrow all xx

:party0036:<---- Dawn haha, Oh well it's only one day, i've heard some people can stretch a bad day into weeks :rotflmao:

.Nicki. said:
:party0036:<---- Dawn haha, Oh well it's only one day, i've heard some people can stretch a bad day into weeks :rotflmao:

Hmmmnnn...I don't know ANYONE AT ALL who wud do that...;) and certainly not my bestie! :)

Back