Doing the Dukan.......if I can, anybody can can!!

Don't worry about a little slip, we have to live our life too and let's face it one night of alcohol

Your body will have burnt all those carbs first as the body always eliminates carbs from alcohol before any other carbs so that's a plus ?

I have just been over the moon to eat home made meatballs with... home made tomato sauce lol how exciting! Not.

Keep going we can do this :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done Lentil, you're doing fab and don't worry too much about the slips, just get right back on it as you plan!

I think you've hit the nail on the head that it's as much about getting your head back in the right place as about ditching the water weight. The psychology of it is crucial and the control this diet brings is amazing. I find it such a relief to take carbs out of the equation and not consider them.

Keep it up!

Joodle x

Just an update on diet so far...

I seem to have diverted a little off the Dukan plan. I've still not had/added any carbs, I have definitely got past that stage now of wanting any but for a couple of days this week, I seemed to veer into 'full on' low carb territory by adding some full fat mayo and some cheese to my lunch and lovely it was too!! But I still had oatbran and low fat yogurt for breakfast so, not really low carb at all!! Oh and I've had salad most days instead of every other.

Then yesterday, I decided to get back on plan as all this mixing was doing me no good at all. I always do it, I want to take all the best bits from every diet!!
So lunch time I had my usual protein but I added salad again. I just can't seem to face having all protein....and then, because I did that, I thought what the heck, I'll have some mayo, albeit a half fat one!

So today, I have reassessed my plan. Bare with me!!!
I figured, I am kinda doing SW red days but without any extras, well maybe a few syns for mayo.
So for now, I have decided to continue with what I am doing. Yogurt and bran for brekky, protein and salad for lunch and protein and veg for dinner.
I know I won't see the daily losses like I did with the Dukan but if I am just eating protein and salad/veg, I should see a loss at the end of each week surely? We shall see, I will 'experiment' this coming week!!
My appetite has really diminished, I am tending to have breakfast, a late lunch and then I don't seem to be hungry for dinner. I'm not sure if this will work in my favour or not. I'm not a believer of the 'starvation mode'...if it existed, then why do people who hardly eat get thin? I know we need a certain amount of cals per day just to exist but I am a very sedentary person in my job and my personal life too, so I can't need many to start with!!! ;)

That's me for now......
Oh and weigh in is tomorrow, not expecting much, if anything after a week of mixing and matching!!

Sounds good to me Lentil, kind of like I'm doing actually! Follow your appetite, not some belief that we should eat at certain times, your body won't let you starve!

Thanks Joodle!

I must say, I can't help feeling a little disappointed with myself for not sticking with pure Dukan for a while longer. When I first started, I thought I had it cracked. It clearly works and I know I could probably have a chunk of weight off before Christmas if I stayed with it. But for me, its sooooo bland, I just cant face everyday with those limited foods!
I think losing that first bit of weight has made me feel so much better that I'm not so eager to lose the rest in such a hurry....it will happen, maybe a bit slower but at least I will enjoy the food!!
One thing the Dukan has helped me with is cutting the carbs and I am very grateful for that! I have tried for a while now to have just red days on SW but the temptation of green/carb days kept luring me and I just couldn't stop eating them but I have that in the box and I am quietly confident that probably, at least until Christmas, I won't indulge. :)

Well, I've had a fairly good week and the scales show a 1lb loss which I'm pleased with. If anything, I probably haven't eaten enough this week but because there have been no carbs, I really haven't had that ravenous, starving feeling.
This week, I've eaten meat or fish with salad and/or veg. Sounds a bit bland but I've had lovely roasted veg in oil and included mayo with my salads so I've actually really enjoyed my meals.
I love that, so far, I have managed to keep off the initial large loss that I had with Dukan and I am still managing to lose a bit each week....something that just wasn't happening with SW prior to coming here.
So far, I've lost 5.2kg. Happy days!

Fantasic xxx

A quick update..... I'm still loosely following Dukan, and have now lost 13 lbs. I am so pleased. It's not been a hardship at all really and the positive results have made it somewhat easier.
I am out tonight on a works Christmas do but I have chosen fish for starters and main, though I will be having a dessert! Having said that, I had a fairly relaxed weekend food wise last weekend as we had a christening to go to and my mother in law staying with us but I still managed to get back on track during the week.
I can see this working for me long term too which has got to be a first for me!!

Happy Dukaning

Your diary makes a very interesting read Lentil... (and gosh aren't you tall?!!!!)... Happy Dukan(ish)ing indeed... x

Tall? Well fairly I guess but nothing out of the ordinary for these days! Still too short to be a catwalk model ;)

I've had a fairly rubbish week! I haven't felt myself at all and have been extra busy with work and a small craft business that I run. My husband has been away on business and I suppose because I haven't had to think about food for him, I have somewhat neglected myself too. I don't usually do that tbh, I don't have a problem just feeding myself but with so little time and feeling bleugh, I have just picked at this and picked at that! And it was all the wrong things, I might add.
Low and behold, yesterday I woke up with a stinking cold :(. It always happens! Whenever I am poorly, I want to eat for England ....and that's before I know I'm ill! Weird or what?
This mornings weigh in shows a small gain, not surprising really with all the carbs I've eaten?...I am guessing its more water weight and will be off in a few days if I start again today....which I plan to.

I WIL NOT let the Christmas festivities start now......I WILL lose this extra poundage before I indulge again!! Lol

Last edited:
Back