Dolphins' Lipotrim journey

Hi Dolphin! Your doing great! It's so fantastic to read how positive your are and how far you've come! I must admit i cant stomach the strawberry shakes so i live on the chocolate ones! Fantastic about your sons birthday and not being tempted :) It's so brilliant with the clothing and then people noticing it isn't it! Keep going strong :)

Tc X

--------------------------------------

Thank you willowfire, I am fairly new to this forum but settling in now.
I tried the chocolate flavour last week, it was fine but I prefer the strawberry one, vanilla tasted bit powdery. Each to their own. Thank you for being so supportive, I hope to continue. I have even found a new pharmacist who has much casual attitude regarding BMI and LT.
I believe Lipotrim is not just about weight loss it teaches you a lot about yourself, food and the things we take for granted.
Where have I been all these years I ask myself?:D

3rd weigh in

I am going in for my 3rd weigh in this morning on my day 19. So far I have been happy with the way I managed this diet, let's see what the day brings me. I am hoping for at least 2 Ibs off:D

3 rd weigh in

I went for my 3rd weigh in session this morning, I am delighted to announce I have lost another 1.6 kg which is 3 1/2 Ibs, however it looks somewhere along the line I seem to have lost 1 1/2 Ibs converting Kilos into stones and pounds. Oh, well... Converting kilos into stones and pound is real pain. I am happy with the overall loss, I have adjusted the numbers using the link below in line with the weight marked in kilos.
http://www.trueknowledge.com/q/84.1kg_into_stones_and_pounds
Starting Weight with Slimming World 14 st 10 Ibs Feb 2011

Last edited:
day 21

I can't believe I am on day 21, the days have turned into weeks, the time has gone past so fast. I have got used to the idea of enjoying 3 shakes a day, no calorie counting, or watching this and that, simply using 3 shakes a day, how easy is that? Not really that easy is it?
I have realised like many others that I need to change my behaviour, LT teaches you exercise discipline. Every time you want to put something in your mouth you stop and think. Ah! nearly ruined all the hard work!!!Slowly but surely you are in control. For once being in control of yourself and food intake, has produced fantastic results.
I intend to do LT in 3 phases:
1. Lose 2 stones, Refeed, maintain for a few months, see how my hair is. If all is well...
2. Lose another 2 stones, Refeed, and maintain.
3. Either move on to Slimming World or go back to LT to get rid of the last stone. I prefer the former because I need to start eating properly and building good habits.
Initially, I was bit worried because my pharmacist was adamant that she will not provide me with LT supplies once I have reached BMI of 25 due to my age (over 50). However, I have sorted all that out now. I think I should be fine provided I am sensible I would get my LT supplies because I started dieting when my BMI was 32, it's not as if I am trying to join when my BMI is 25 or under. Does that makes sense?
I feel I have lost inches from my hips, and thighs, I am already feeling better and lighter:D

Beginning of 4th week

I'm into my fourth week, with a loss of nearly a stone. I know most of that is water and glycogen, should I start eating normally I will put it all back.
I didn't feel too good last night, I felt light headed, and dizzy, it was very strange feeling almost to the point of being sick. I didn't feel hungry just this terrible feeling. I am very determined and remaining 100% on this diet for now and see how I get on.
Three weeks today I was excited and couldn't wait to start the diet but now taking the shakes is just a routine. My skin feels so much better, I used to drink Pepsi Max ( calorie free) now 2 + litres of water. My clothes are bit baggy now but I am going to wait until I have dropped another 2 stones before I start buy a new wardrobe.
I am already planning ahead and visiting the Slimming World forum to see how dieters cope.
All looking good and I am inspired by everyone's weight loss on these forum not to mention their determination:D

Day 22

Today I lacked energy, felt tired all day, had a nap in the afternoon to kill time, then I went to see my Mother. The day dragged a bit I suppose tomorrow is another day:D

I get the tiredness from time to time and the sick and dizziness sometimes,I find it usually lessens if I have more water X

I get the tiredness from time to time and the sick and dizziness sometimes,I find it usually lessens if I have more water X

--------------------------------
Thank you for comments. I have increased my water intake now, I feel cold most of the time, I keep drinking black tea.:D
I hope you are doing well:)

I intend to do LT in 3 phases:
1. Lose 2 stones, Refeed, maintain for a few months, see how my hair is. If all is well...
2. Lose another 2 stones, Refeed, and maintain.
3. Either move on to Slimming World or go back to LT to get rid of the last stone.

I like your idea of an overall plan, doing the diet in stages, I think I've inadvertently come to the same idea. I've been on TFR from Mar 7th with a 10 day break over Easter, so basically 3 months. I finding it very hard to keep focused at the moment, I just want to eat, anything!

I think my body has had enough so I'm refeeding in a couple of weeks and giving my body a break. I'm hoping to be pretty close to my final target, but I know I'm not going to make it all the way in one go. But I'm still very happy with what I've achieved so far, my glass is very half full.

Stay strong, you're doing great!

I like your idea of an overall plan, doing the diet in stages, I think I've inadvertently come to the same idea. I've been on TFR from Mar 7th with a 10 day break over Easter, so basically 3 months. I finding it very hard to keep focused at the moment, I just want to eat, anything!

I think my body has had enough so I'm refeeding in a couple of weeks and giving my body a break. I'm hoping to be pretty close to my final target, but I know I'm not going to make it all the way in one go. But I'm still very happy with what I've achieved so far, my glass is very half full.

Stay strong, you're doing great!

I think sometimes you have to do what your body tells you, perhaps the time has come for you to take a short break, refeed, maintain for a few weeks, have another go for a shorter period, refeed and then think about joining Weight Watchers or Slimming World.
I believe we have to change our eating habits we simply can't continue as we did prior to going on LT, it won't work.
I will be watching your progress, good luck:D

4th Weigh In

I've just been for my 4th weigh in this morning, my loss this week is slightly lower than the previous 2 weeks.
My pharmacist suggested that I should increase my water intake to see if I get better results next week.
Right from today, my water intake is going to be 2-4 litres a day, I will make a note each time I go through 500ml of water.:D
I have lost 16 Ibs in the last 4 weeks with Lipotrim and I lost 8 Ibs with Slimming World in 2 months. Let's see how well I do in June.:D

whoops forgot to say well done on your weightloss this week... it's still brill to be losing every week... that was what i loved about lipotrim... i didnt care if it was 2lbs, it was in the right direction!!! yep up the water intake.. to be honest since i started re-feed etc i dropped the water intake and the losses have stayed still.. so hmmmm! you're doin brill stay strong and thumbs up ! x

whoops forgot to say well done on your weightloss this week... it's still brill to be losing every week... that was what i loved about lipotrim... i didnt care if it was 2lbs, it was in the right direction!!! yep up the water intake.. to be honest since i started re-feed etc i dropped the water intake and the losses have stayed still.. so hmmmm! you're doin brill stay strong and thumbs up ! x

Thank you Lorraine. Any loss is in the direction, I suppose we are rather spoilt by this diet, we want to lose a stone every week which is not possible, after a few weigh ins the losses decrease but not to worry, I am 1 stone and 10 Ibs lighter than I was in February so I am very pleased:D

sick

Last night I felt sick and very dizzy. I know it was a hot day, but no reason for these sickly feelings.
Had I been eating normally I would have checked what I ate, what time and if other members of the family have similar symptoms.
As I am living solely on shakes there is no chance of food poisoning.
I thought I will write this down so that I can refer to my diary at a later stage.

Ketosis

I have just checked keytones, I am still in ketosis, no reason why I shouldn't be. Encouraging sign that fat is being burnt:D

So sorry your not feeling well,hope you feel better today x
Have you tried peppermint tea? Helps me with sickness /nausea and counts as water as no caffeine;)

So sorry your not feeling well,hope you feel better today x
Have you tried peppermint tea? Helps me with sickness /nausea and counts as water as no caffeine;)

Thank you Tanya, I am feeling a lot better this morning. I haven't tried peppermint tea. I will buy some today, we don't stock it.:D

Peppermint Tea = Win :D

Back