Extra Easy: Danielle's SW Journey

Evening Danielle :), hope you had another fab day at work and are enjoying your lunches. Looking forward to seeing your food dairy for today :p .

Kay xx

Arrgghhh sorry I've been away AGAIN.

Yesterday's diary:

Breakfast: Skipped as I was running late :sigh:
Lunch: Small portion of peanut curry and basmati rice
Tea: Small bowl of homemade bolognese, then later treated myself to chopped up strawberries with a small scoop of Mackie's vanilla ice cream
Drinks: 1 litre of white grape juice and a glass of water at bedtime

Today:

Breakfast: Made Harvest Morn porridge buut used way too much milk so it ended up like soup. I had about 3 mouthfuls before chucking it. So annoying!
Lunch: Small portion of peanut curry and basmati rice (getting sick of this already!)
Tea: Lamb steak with air fried potato discs, carrots and garden peas with gravy
Drinks: 1 litre of red grape juice and a glass of water at bedtime

Although I've made enough curry for the whole week I am getting sick of it already, so I might see if I've got a tin of beans or something in the cupboard and have beans on wm toast tomorrow :)

Still loving my new job! And Kathryn, in answer to your earlier post, I have been informed that we are provided with a buffet style lunch at the induction at head office, as we will be eating as we work, so I think I'll just try my best to choose the healthiest options (if there are any) and hope for the best. I'm provided with a meal voucher for tea at the hotel I think so I'm sure I can substitute meals with chips with jacket potato or something. I'll just have to wing it! I don't think I'll be doing too much damage (fingers crossed!)

P.S. Went to the gym last night, but had a bit of a disaster tonight which meant I couldn't go in the end! (Long story) Should be back tomorrow xx

Last edited:
I had to stay at a hotel a few weeks back for a meeting, and was pleasantly surprised at the SW friendly breakfast options. They had such a selection of fruit, and even had Ryvitas, so I was on plan

And smug

Glad you're enjoying your new job hun. I only started mine 7 weeks ago and was so nervous the night before, thankfully everyone is lovely which makes it so much easier :)

Good luck with eating healthily at the induction, you seem really in the zone at the moment so I'm sure you'll do great xxx

Hey Danielle, hope you've enjoyed your first week at work ! :p Just wanted to wish you good luck ahead of tomorrows weigh in. Hope you do super ! :D

Kay xx

Hi all! Finished my worst week at my new job and it's been a fab week! Finished late tonight but it was to be expected :)

Weigh in tomorrow, however I'm not expecting a loss. Although been fairly well behaved this week, except for skipping breakfast, I've only been to the gym twice, and I'm not going tonight I'm far too tired!

Here is yesterday's food:

Breakfast: Skipped again :sigh:
Mid morning: I had a 1 small wrap out of a triple pack of Asda chicken caesar wrap, and I worked it out as 260 calories, so not too bad (I suppose I could class this as breakfast)
Lunch: Ravioli with 2 rounds of wm toast with Flora light spread
Tea: Went out for tea and had a carvery again, so turkey with loads of veg and a bit of gravy
Bedtime: A few small white chocolate buttons
Drinks: A litre of pineapple and passionfruit juice, and water with tea

Today's food:

Breakfast: Harvest Morn porridge with 1 tsp sugar
Lunch: 2 McCains small jacket potatoes with a little garlic and herb light philadelphia
Tea: Steak and air fried chips with reduced salt & sugar ketchup
Drinks: Small bottle of diet coke and water

So I haven't done my absolute best this week. And I have been thinking... With how busy I am at weekends and weeknights I'm just not going to have time to stand preparing my lunches from scratch, so I think for now I'm going to have to be naughty and eat low fat ready meals! I didn't want to do it but I don't want to be doing what I did last Sunday every week. I was cooking up til about half 10 and I was absolutely shattered! Then I had to portion it out so it was an even later night! It's not feasible at the moment. I know I'm completely going back on my plan that I originally set out but there just aren't enough hours in the day for me right now. I hope my lovely mins friends can support me and tell me not to worry and it's not the end of the world :) of course, don't lie if you don't believe that's the case hahaha... I'll still be eating low fat meals, they're just going to be processed meals. Arrrggghhhhhh!!! I'm such a bad person :(

I am not looking forward to weigh in tomorrow and not expecting great things, so you guys shouldn't either :) I'll let you know how I get on either way :) xx

Rubbish, you're not a bad person for having low fat processed meals, you plonker! :p At the end of the day you need to find something that works for you and your lifestyle. If preparing the lunches is a complete pain in the a** and you haven't got the time, don't beat yourself up about it! I'm sure you can find some low syn and relatively healthy ready meals on the market. The innocent pots for example are great, 100% natural ingredients, 2 of your 5 a day and also on offer at Sainsburys if I remember rightly! There are a lot more healthy ready meals now than there used to be a few years ago so I'm sure you'll find some that you like.

Good luck for WI tomorrow, I know you're not expecting much but hopefully the scales will move in the right direction again! Enjoy your weekend and well done on completing your first week (or worst week, but i'm guessing that was a typo!;)) xxx

Thanks for the words of encouragement, Bev! I know I'm being daft, I just hate the fact that I made a big thing about sticking to 'clean' food and now I'm going back on it. Oh well, needs must! Not enough hours in the day are there! xx

Fraid not hun, but at least you're still sticking to healthy options. It's all too easy to just get something quick and easy from the sandwich shop or local fast food place, don't be too hard on yourself x

Well I've gained a measly 0.25lb! Nothing a visit from the pf wouldn't fix hehe, so I'm happy with that, I expected a huge gain so I'm happy :)

It definitely makes a difference when I don't go to the gym. For some people it doesn't matter but for me I don't think I can lose the weight without it! Next week I am going to miss Wednesday and Thursday at the gym too as I'm away, so I just hope I can get a very small loss next week. Fingers crossed!

Happy Saturday everyone! Have a fab weekend xx

Hey Danielle :), I'm happy for you because I know its a tiny winy gain, almost a sts which is fab considering the kind of week you have had. I feel, like you said, once your able to resume gym, that shall help boost your losses :p. I'm so glad your enjoying your new job. Hope you have a lovely week ahead hun ;).

Kay xx

Hi Danielle

That gain isn't too bad at all, it'll level out today I am sure. Re handy lunches, have you a microwave at work? You can get frozen jacket spuds (McCain do them, and I've got another brand too from Aldi), which take 5 mins to zap and are only 1 - 1.5 syns on EE. They're very tasty with a bit of cheese from hex A, a scoop of beans and some salad leaves.

If you do Red though, they are around 9 syns a pop.

Hi Danielle :) How are you today??? That teeny weeny gain wouldn't have even showed up on sw scales, it would be a sts :)

Hi Danielle That gain isn't too bad at all, it'll level out today I am sure. Re handy lunches, have you a microwave at work? You can get frozen jacket spuds (McCain do them, and I've got another brand too from Aldi), which take 5 mins to zap and are only 1 - 1.5 syns on EE. They're very tasty with a bit of cheese from hex A, a scoop of beans and some salad leaves. If you do Red though, they are around 9 syns a pop.

Yes I had those the other day they were lovely! I'll be stocking up :)

Well I am writing this to you from the Holiday Inn Express Newport lounge! I arrived about half an hour ago after an uncomfortable 2 hour train journey :( I didn't think I was getting here until tomorrow so I haven't really come prepared food wise. I had a weight watchers chicken salad sandwich on the train which was dry as a bone so I didn't eat much of it, so I'm going to order some food from the bar shortly. There aren't many healthy choices but I can't go out to eat as I have an allowance that is charged to my room, so I have to eat at the hotel :(

Here is yesterday's food:

Breakfast: Harvest Morn porridge with 1 tsp sugar
Lunch: Asda reduced cal ham and mushroom tagliatelle
Mid afternoon: A handful of Maltesers :( (baddie)
Tea: Steak, air fried chips, onions and mushrooms cooked in fry light and reduced cal tomato ketchup

Today's food so far:

Breakfast: I planned on porridge but didn't realise my area manager was coming to the office and she doesn't like people to eat breakfast at their desks so I had to settle for a couple of Maltesers :(
Lunch: Weight Watchers chilli wedges
Train snack: Half a Weight Watchers chicken salad sandwich (I've properly cheated on SW today!)
Tea: Ordering shortly

I have an induction today and one on Thursday, and on both days I have a buffet lunch provided. As I arrived here sooner than first anticipated, I didn't plan a packed lunch or have time to dig out a cool bag to store it so I'll just have to make do!

I'll let you know how I get on tomorrow :)

I think the next couple of weeks are going to be an absolute nightmare! I'm here until Thursday afternoon/evening (hopefully I'll be leaving as early as possible as it's my dad's birthday and I don't want to miss too much of it!) then I'm going to Llandudno with James on Friday for the weekend so I'll have to weigh myself on Friday morning and I'm not expecting a loss. I'm also back here in Newport next week for more training!bThen the following weekend is Easter weekend which is always full of naughtiness. But to be honest I'm not that bothered. I'm not in a rush to lose weight and I am much happier with my image now than before so a couple of bad weekends won't do massive harm! I've got to expect times where it's just not feasible or even fair for me to diet! :D

Stuff it, I'm having fun!!! :D

I bet even when you're off plan now, you won't eat anywhere near as much food (particularly rubbish) as you would have before you started SW. Take the healthiest choice when you can, don't snack on junk, and keep up the water. You won't do as badly as you imagine.

I think the next couple of weeks are going to be an absolute nightmare! I'm here until Thursday afternoon/evening (hopefully I'll be leaving as early as possible as it's my dad's birthday and I don't want to miss too much of it!) then I'm going to Llandudno with James on Friday for the weekend so I'll have to weigh myself on Friday morning and I'm not expecting a loss. I'm also back here in Newport next week for more training!bThen the following weekend is Easter weekend which is always full of naughtiness. But to be honest I'm not that bothered. I'm not in a rush to lose weight and I am much happier with my image now than before so a couple of bad weekends won't do massive harm! I've got to expect times where it's just not feasible or even fair for me to diet! :D

Stuff it, I'm having fun!!! :D

Hi Danielle, I love the attitude, your making the best choices you can in a difficult situation and so there's no point in getting yourself upset or anything, hopefully you'll have some good options to choose from but when your in a position of control again, you'll be back on it and you may even surprise yourself too. Enjoy xx

Back