Extra Easy: How to Have a Merry Slimming World Christmas!

I just hope it helps. I wanted it to be (for me) easy to find all my usual Christmassy foods at a glance without having to hunt through.

I've added (and will continue to add) any syn values you guys think would be top of your Christmas list! :D

Sent from my XT890 using MiniMins.com mobile app

If I drink which isn't often I have 35ml white rum (2.5 syn) with diet LILT it's like piña colada ;)

I failed last Xmas gaining 7 lb?? With not much justification if I'm honest, I didnt eat that much!

Year before 2 lb gain, sticking to plan but eating a whole batch of mini mince pies from SW Xmas book?! Lol

I'm not that fussed about drinking unless it's nice wine or traditional cider at festivals. I'd rather have just diet coke than with anything in it, but there's no substitute for wine unfortunately and it doesn't come cheap syns wise. I've tried having it with lemonade and getting the low alcohol / alcohol free ones but they're just not nice

I'm so lucky it gives me migraines.

Back to Xmas, at least we can have our own cheese boards this year with laughing cows more adventurous range, blue cheese, emmental etc.

Im gonna find it so hard at christmas as its my babys first birthday the day before and last year i was in hospital so i was planning on making the most of this christmas but i will just have to food optimise and alcohol wont be a problem as i dont drink very often!

Also my hubbys mum (whos house we go to for dinner) is not a healthy cook and one week the onyl bad thing i did was eat dinner at her house and i put a poind on :(

Im gonna find it so hard at christmas as its my babys first birthday the day before and last year i was in hospital so i was planning on making the most of this christmas but i will just have to food optimise and alcohol wont be a problem as i dont drink very often! Also my hubbys mum (whos house we go to for dinner) is not a healthy cook and one week the onyl bad thing i did was eat dinner at her house and i put a poind on :(
I think the beauty of SW is you can still eat amazingly tasty food and not feel like you're living in lettuce ;) it's just planning and homework, and you'll probably find most people who go off plan and indulge, usually end up feeling sick and sluggish and awful. I could plan lots if I could only learn to run my flipping freezer down enough to get nice stuff prepared into it lol. Those coffees look amazing.

To make a good point, I've just had some of my Sons Birthday cake and I feel as I stated above, horrible :(

Bunnylush, I totally agree with you, what clicked with me once was I panicked when I realised that this was for life and my friend who is a chef said to me it is normal foods we eat, that sounds doable to me

I think the beauty of SW is you can still eat amazingly tasty food and not feel like you're living in lettuce ;) it's just planning and homework, and you'll probably find most people who go off plan and indulge, usually end up feeling sick and sluggish and awful. I could plan lots if I could only learn to run my flipping freezer down enough to get nice stuff prepared into it lol. Those coffees look amazing.

To make a good point, I've just had some of my Sons Birthday cake and I feel as I stated above, horrible :(

Its more the way his mum makes dinner! everything cooked in oil or fat! :( i think im gonna be rude and bring my own veg and stuff! but i go to my parents on boxing day and they cook everything to suit me which is great!
im just gonna have to say no to his birthday cake! maybe portion it all out at the party so we have none!

You could set them a good example, I don't think it's rude. Or make some excuse, Dr's orders no fat/oil so just say please don't be offended if I could bring along my own veg to microwave? Or you could just eat a little? I'm sure one meal won't throw all week off. As for cake, you can have a piece and syn in, it's usually around 14 syns, and enjoy your Sons day. What we need to remember is not to have 6 pieces ;) lol. I eat at my Mothers Xmas and that's a mix of M and S, oil probably for roasting and Xmas pudding. It's only Xmas once a year. I can stick to plan all the other days. It's the only day of the year I get a meal cooked for me lol. I just don't eat chocs and nuts like previous years. I miss nuts more than choc!

Both hubby and I are making a top 5 Christmas treat list- five things we want to eat within our syns over Christmas week- whatever makes the list is the only things I'm buying so we don't over indulge-Top of my list is Christmas cake. Any way to save syns on everything else over Christmas I'd love to know

Both hubby and I are making a top 5 Christmas treat list- five things we want to eat within our syns over Christmas week- whatever makes the list is the only things I'm buying so we don't over indulge-Top of my list is Christmas cake. Any way to save syns on everything else over Christmas I'd love to know

Ooh that's a really good idea! Means you can't get tempted by offers in the shops

1. Wine
2. Wine
3. Wine
4. Wine
5. Pigs In blankets

I plan to have a syn free plate for dinner. Syn free veg, meat and pigs in blankets. Gonna try the syn free gravy too.

Gonna keep my syns for treats and cake!

I plan to have a syn free plate for dinner. Syn free veg, meat and pigs in blankets. Gonna try the syn free gravy too.

Gonna keep my syns for treats and cake!

How will you do syn free pigs in blankets? I thought all sausage had syns?

Joes are free as are low fat quorn...and Linda McCartney red onion... hopefully will make my own though.

Subscribed as I will definitely need help on this! I am also going to my in laws and know the feeling about everything being bad Mrs Mc1987!! They do pigs in blankets with full sized sausages and streaky bacon! I'm not depriving myself though I will be just trying to keep treats to a minimum and stick to vodka diet coke in the evening. And the main difference I will try to make is to get straight back on plan instead of having a 2 week binge!

Back