Extra Easy: How to Have a Merry Slimming World Christmas!

I know this sounds odd but I have decided that my social life has reduced considerably and I said it to one of the women in slimming world the other day (I collect the money as part of social team) I love a weekend where Im doing nothing (like this weekend) only cooking proper slimming world meals. I have to think what is more important to me and yesterday I got great news and it is down to the weight and I want this to continue. If Im going anywhere then I tell the people in advance do they mind if I bring my own food and anyone I have asked are quite happy to go along with that, they all know there is a reason Im losing weight and are all very happy to help me in achieving this

I know this sounds odd but I have decided that my social life has reduced considerably and I said it to one of the women in slimming world the other day (I collect the money as part of social team) I love a weekend where Im doing nothing (like this weekend) only cooking proper slimming world meals. I have to think what is more important to me and yesterday I got great news and it is down to the weight and I want this to continue. If Im going anywhere then I tell the people in advance do they mind if I bring my own food and anyone I have asked are quite happy to go along with that, they all know there is a reason Im losing weight and are all very happy to help me in achieving this

It's easy for me, I'm anti social lol :)

Baileys!!!

25ml 4 syns
35 ml 5 1/2 syns

Bunnylush, I'm going the same way although I love my group meeting

We will be going to my mum's on Christmas Eve for 3 nights and during that time I will eat what she makes. Yes there will be alot that is not SW friendly (christmas day lunch will include roast tatties and parsnips done in fat, bread sauce, stuffing etc) but in the big scheme of things a couple of days is not going to throw me totally off track.

My problem is going to be keeping on track till we go there, and getting straight back on track when we get home.

In that situation marooncat, I would bring some things with me that are sw friendly. We are going to my in laws in the west of Ireland and everything goes there and I will enjoy it for the one day and back on track the day after, depending on the weather though I wouldn't say no to a walk

Last year I made sure all of our meals were as slimming world friendly as possible so for Xmas lunch I made garlic mushrooms (free) a free christmas dinner and pudding was a baileys mousse from last Decembers mag. I had a box of thorntons chocolates which I rationed out (5 chocs per evening) and I made a slimming world trifle (4 syns per portion) We also had lots of lean meats, salads and I made 1/2 syn scotch eggs to snack on. I didn't count syns for the Xmas period and we ate out a few times. In my 2 weeks off plan I gained 3lbs. I lost 5lbs the following week. For me it was about loosening the reins but staying in control and making sure I got back on plan in January. I'm planning on doing the same this year but I will only be having 1 week off plan.

oh Becky- thank goodness you brought this thread back up.
I was up before 6am this morning thinking about this. You know when you're brain is frantic with thoughts and you can't get any more rest.
For Pete's sake I was thinking about devilled eggs, fry ups and all sorts.

Maybe treat yourself to a really decent mixed fruit salad (I'm talking melon, pineapple and berries rather than stinking apple and banana's) lol. Topped with a mullerlight and maybe some granola??

I'm stressing about the picking. I know I am going to have handfuls/ mouthfuls of treats all day long, so I need to supply myself with an endless amount of not-qualitystreet.

oh Becky- thank goodness you brought this thread back up.
I was up before 6am this morning thinking about this. You know when you're brain is frantic with thoughts and you can't get any more rest.
For Pete's sake I was thinking about devilled eggs, fry ups and all sorts.

Maybe treat yourself to a really decent mixed fruit salad (I'm talking melon, pineapple and berries rather than stinking apple and banana's) lol. Topped with a mullerlight and maybe some granola??

I'm stressing about the picking. I know I am going to have handfuls/ mouthfuls of treats all day long, so I need to supply myself with an endless amount of not-qualitystreet.

Good ideas, im doing ny online shop for xmas week. I was thinking of going totally off plan and having pancakes and waffles but i know im going to be bad that day so at least going to try and choose better choices and have a half healthy breakfast! Im cooking lunch so it will all be with fry lite, but i am making stuffing and gravy etc so thats half healthy. Then it will go downhill at my parents! Lol

Christmas food online shop done..slots are booking up fast for online shoppers!

I have lots of fresh things and fruit still. But i have got reduced fat bagels for breakfast. I have two egg custards for a treat and some mini choc bars which should be around 5 syns each. I have a bottle of prosecco for our lunch and some paxo stuffing. I have wholemeal subs for lunches with ham and beef salads. other than these its fruit, salad, potatoes, prawns, seafood sticks, reduced fat butchers sausages, quorn cocktail sausages...oooo i bought 3 cheeses! Mainly for hubby but i will have some. I need to have a word with myself and talk about moderation!

Back