Food diary of a chunky girl

Thursday -
Breakfast - roll & ham
Snack - clementines
Lunch - jacket potato & chilli with spinach
Dinner - chicken & bacon salad with honey & mustard dressing (3 syns)
Red wine (10.5 syns)
Honey (1 syn)

HEXA - milk in tea
HEXB - roll
Syns - 14.5

Hello you! I've only just started officially (yesterday) so I'm in the early stages but I'm hoping I'm going to get there some time!
You're food looks good matey, I'm only just starting and this is the difficult bit! lol We'll get there, give me shout if your struggling, sounds like you're getting back on track which is fantastic one day at a time i think should be the way :)

Hi Loho,

Good luck with it. Let me know how it goes with you. I'm sure you will get into the swing of it before you know it.

I really like the plan, where I tend to struggle is with going out or if I have very little time but hopefully I'll fond a way round it. At the moment I'm cooking up a storm in the kitchen as I don't have a night in again until Friday.

Em x

After a weekend with my grandfather (& trying to be as good as possible!) today's food was as follows :

Breakfast - clementine & banana, honey (1 syn)
Lunch - carrot & coriander soup, pears
Snack - pear
Snack - 1 bread, benecol (1 syn) ham
Dinner - salmon, buckwheat noodles, baby sweetcorn, sugar snap peas, sweet chilli sauce (2 syns)
Meringue (5 syns) mullerlight.

HEXA - missed
HEXB - 1 slice bread
Syns - 9 syns

Today's food:
Breakfast - toast, benecol (1 syn), ham, tomatoes, honey (1 syn)
Snack - pear
Lunch - carrot & coriander soup, falafel, clementine & plum
Snack - 5 clementines (I do know this is too many!)
Dinner - salmon, noodles, veg, sweet chilli sauce (2 syns)
Snack - cornflake cake (6 syns) wine ( 5 syns)

HEXA - none
HEXB - toast
Syns - 15

Today's food:

Breakfast - toast, bacon medallion, eggs, tomato
Snack - 3 x clementine
Lunch - salmon, rice noodles, sugar snap peas, sweet chilli sauce (3 syns). Chai latte (3 syns) (milk HEXA)
Snack - plums
Dinner - sweet potato & chilli sauce. Honey ( 1 syn)

HEXA - milk
HEXB - toast
Syns -7

I've been trying to do more excuse, all be it using the stairs & not the lifts. Hopefully every little helps!

Today I'm feeling very determined! I think I've had an ok week so far so I'm really hoping for a loss this week. I have a weekend full of lovely syn free meals planned so hopefully it will show on Tuesday.

Today's food:
Breakfast - toast, ham, tomatoes, benecol (1 syns)
Snack - plums
Lunch - sweet potato & chilli soup
Snack - peaches, sushi snack (2 syns)
Dinner - chicken, pancetta (2 syns), Parmesan shavings (HEXA) salad, red wine (7 syns)

HEXA - Parmesan
HEXB - toast
Syns - 12

Thank goodness it's the weekend! I'm feeling very tired which is my trigger for over indulging. I've had more syns than I would have liked but experience has shown me it could be a lot worse.

Today's food:
Breakfast - bacon, egg, toast, benecol (1 syn) (yes I know, no superfree!)
Snack - 2 bananas
Lunch - sweet potato noodles, spinach & sugar snap pea salad, sweet chilli sauce (3 syns), raspberry mousse (4.5 syns)
Snack - blueberries
Dinner - large salad with spinach, beetroot, sugar snap peas & chilli sauce (2 syns)
Merguine (7.5 syns) & mullerlight

HEXA - missed
HEXB - toast
Syns - 18 (whoops!)

Going forward - I'm going to try & make a syn free sweet chilli sauce using sweetner.
Also I'm going to get some carrot batons to snack on to try & get my superfree up.

Well the attempt to make sweet chilli sauce went well. It is more of a dressing than a sauce, lacking the oozing stickiness of the traditional sauce. On the plus side it is lovely and fresh, and is of course syn free. This will now be a regular in my fridge & lunchbox.

Attachments

• image-1113533531.jpg
    image-1113533531.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 48
And there is more positive news (of a non slimming nature). I've found some hair regrowth today! After 4 years of my hair falling out I've found some regrowth patches! They are only very small & it's early days yet but it's the most positive movement for years. Hip hip hooray!

Well thank goodness for a lie in. It was wonderful although I could have done with a few more hours. I spent the afternoon cooking which was lovely and how I intend to spend the rest of the day if I can get my bum off the sofa!

I have also decided to up my exercise, as it is the ying of the healthy eating yang. I will therefore be tracking this everyday from now on.

Today's food:

Breakfast - bacon, scrambled egg, toast, benecol (1 syn) and beans
Snack - fruit salad
Lunch - salmon, noodles,sugar snap peas, chilli dressing
Dinner - sweet potato, butternut squash and spinach curry (very yummy) (1 syn), rice, tomato and cucumber salad.
1/2 bottle champagne -13 syns :p

HEX A - missed
HEXB - TOAST
Syns - 15
Exercise - none

Now I'm goping to have a quick watch of masterchef and then get on with making some superspeed soups for my lunch box, and not have a nap which is what I really want to do!

Hey Emm! Sounds like you've got thinkgs back on track and are very determined which is fantastic! Brilliant news about the hair re-growth! whoo hoo! Keep it up girl!

Hey Loho,

Thanks for your message. I am just over the moon about my hair, although am trying to not to get too over excited yet. Alopecia is a strange thing and can often give with one hand and take with the other. But I cannot help being slightly hopefully, mine is stress related and am now feeling like I am taking hold of my life again having removed myself from some bad situations. Finger crossed it will come back, it would be so wonderful not to wear this wig!

I feel like I am back on track. Maybe I was being unrealistic starting just before starting a new job and before Christmas?

How are you getting on? Well done on your first weeks weight loss. 6lb in your first week is fantastic! It looks like you have got the hang of it straight away.

Em x

I've being feeling the tiniest bit hung over today which would usually lead to a big pig out, but I have managed fairly well to stay on the straight & narrow.

Breakfast - scrambled egg in a roll with sliced tomato, beans & ketchup (1 syn). Honey (1 syn)
Snack - frontage frais (1 syn)
Lunch - salmon, noodles, sugarsnap peas, spinach, chilli dressing
Snack - mango, pineapple, kiwi, melon & pineapple.
Dinner - butternut squash, sweet potato, carrot & spinach curry. Cucumber, tomato, coriander & cumin salad. Rice.
Meringue (7.5 syns) (luckily I ran out of them then)

HEXA - missed again
HEXB - roll
Syns - 10.5
Exercise - rosemary Connelly day 1 exercises.

Fingers crossed for my weigh in on Tuesday, I'm starting to feel a little nervous about it. Tomorrow must be a good day!

Attachments

• image-1449971038.jpg
    image-1449971038.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 47
Oh dear, I've just had a sneaky peak at the scales & I've only lost 1/2 lb. official weigh in i's tomorrow but am feeling quite disheartened as I thought I had been reasonably good. Or at least good at a maintainable level. How much difference can one day make I wonder? I was really hoping for a lb loss which feels very unlikely now.

OK, I'm feeling slightly less frantic than earlier on. I realised that it is probably * week which means that I will be heavier. So I shall not panic if the loss isn't great this week (I will just panic next week instead!)

I have decided however, in order to hopefully accelerate my weight loss, I am going to cut down on my proportion of carbs. I'm still definitely going to eat them, as I am not sure I would be able to stick to a red plan, but merely have a slightly reduced amount with more veg and protein. I am going to try for having the same amount of carbs as veg and see how that goes.

Anyway, todays food was:-
Breakfast - roll, ham, tomato, honey (1 syn)
Snack - plum
Lunch - a small rice noodle, sugarsnap, spinach and coriander salad + carrot and ginger soup
Snacks - carrot sticks, an apple, grapes, mackeral (I was late home from work so needed to keep myself going)
Dinner - veg curry with bacon and salad. Banana and strawberries, fromage frais (1 syn)

HEXA - missed (I have a lot of yoghurt so am hoping I am not missing out on any key nutrients)
HEXB - Roll
Syns - 2
Number of SF foods -13
Exercise - Rosemary Connolly day 2, walking up escalators, squats

I've started to put down the number of superfree foods partly because I re3ad a magazine article about the health benefits of eating a variety of foods (they recommended 120 a week which would take some doing!) and also to help me keep an eye on my super free levels.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow!
x

Boo, I stayed the same. Well I lost 0.3lb. I think that it's star week but still I am very disappointed. I'm thinking about having a peak tomorrow as well to see what the scales said as I really feel I should have lost something. Unless I'm doing something wrong?

oi you! :whip:stop weighing all the time! Give yourself and your body a break. you're doing good, any loss is still a loss no matter whether its big or small so whoo hoo! especially becuase you've had a bad week. Now then, sounds good about the change in plan, although I'm only a newbie with this so someone else might be better at giving advice here! I am here for morale, general chatting etc !!! :p I'm doing ok not had a great week this week, cos I've been stressed with work but I'm pleased with myself as I have refrained from stuffing my face with a load of junk food, which is what I would have normally done! yay!

The hair regrowth is fantastic, lets hope it keeps going!

Sorry I didn't reply earlier been crackers with work!

Final words for now - Keep it up missy!

I know Loho, I am being very naughty a need a bit of a kick up the bum! I'm going to accept my 0.5lb loss gracefully and try and stop weighing! I do need to buy some new scales as it takes me a few times to get a consistent WI. Lets just hope I don't find out I am heavier, that would be a bit gutting!

I'm sorry to hear your work is stressful, I hope the last half of the week is a bit better for you. Well done for staying on plan though, it just goes to show how well you are getting to grips with it all.

x

Tuesday food -
Breakfast - mackerel bap (I'm going all Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall, but I do need to keep up the superfree)
Snack - carrot sticks, sugarsnap peas, banana
Lunch - Carrot and ginger soup, muller light
Snacks - Chai latte (3 syns and HEXA), fruit salad and a mullerlight
Dinner - Persian chicken stew with spinach. Banana, strawberry, meringue (2.5 syns), fat free yoghurt

HEX A - milk from tea
HEX B - roll
Syns - 5.5

Wednesday's food
Breakfast - banana, yoghurt, honey (1 syn), mackerel roll
Snack - sugarsnap peas, banana
Lunch - Persian chicken stew and spinach, yoghurt
Snack - oranges
Dinner - sugarsnap peas, sushi (5 syns), grapes (a working dinner so it was the best I could do)

HEXA - missed
HEXB - roll
Syns - 6 syns

Right, on with planning next weeks food. Now what shall I have.......

Back