Gamy's weight loss and TTC/pregnant diary

Hi hun so sorry for what you have been and are going through. I am doing SW too and love it. take care xxxx

Morning all. I had a lovely evening last night, still got some nibbles left over from last night, generally just chocolate and doughnuts (krispy kreme) as the saying goes eyes are bigger than the tummy, so going to finish what I can today, but do SP meals to combat that all. Hopefully if its not to cold, take the children for a walk round the park, then play at the park at the end. Its just over 1km so a small start but its better than nothing, but I might do more when I get home later, once the kids go to bed. Anything can happen in a day right.

I've recently been told I'm strong a lot lately. Although I do agree most of the time, sometimes I still feel the need to break down and cry etc. I think as women, we have to be wonder woman most of the time. If its not to look after our families, but to do things for others and we put ourselves on the back seat. I do need to vent once in a blue moon, as this whole situation I'm in is new, and its something I don't wish for anyone. I think that was why I'm trying to take control of things I can physical do, like loose weight and go to college to improve my life. Although if I put on weight this week I wouldn't be surprised, I did enjoy myself which is sometimes what I need and it made me feel somewhat human to go out and be with my OH and do things which normal couples do. We rarely go out due to my insecurities about my weight, which I guess might be the same as some of you when you first started your journey. Mine are will I be in the way if I sit there, will I fit in the chair, what will people think of my weight. There are some really narrow minded people out there and some can be damn right rude. Last one was just after Christmas when I first started my diet and I was going into subway for a salad as it was 3pm and I hadn't had lunch. Some man just said to his mate, bet she's going there for a snack. I suspect there has been others since, but since I generally have my daughter with me I focus on what I need to do and get the jobs in hand done, although she loves shopping and would shop all day! Rant over, sorry for my ramblings.

So over this weekend. I feel like a pig. I feel really sick to. Not use to all that junk. Back to the diet and back to plan now. Rule the last two days as a bit of fun, as clearly my body is paying for it now. Menu's starting again tomorrow as for now I feel crap.

Morning love - it was completely understandable that you went off target a little over the last few days - so welcome back to yummy meals :)

I've recently been told I'm strong a lot lately. Although I do agree most of the time, sometimes I still feel the need to break down and cry etc. I think as women, we have to be wonder woman most of the time. If its not to look after our families, but to do things for others and we put ourselves on the back seat.... I think that was why I'm trying to take control of things I can physical do, like loose weight and go to college to improve my life. ...Mine are will I be in the way if I sit there, will I fit in the chair, what will people think of my weight. There are some really narrow minded people out there....

I get all of that - when my mum died so many people said "you're strong like your mum" - and I thought "Really? I could just melt in a puddle right now". But I had loads to do and coping day to day must make people think that's strength = it was me that called everyone to tell them, kept the household running, fed them, washed clothes, did all the housework, etc - you do just sort of step up to the plate, don't you? And then deal with the grief in your own way.

I love that you see your weight loss journey as taking control - that's what I'm doing too - taking control of my future, my health and my ability to enjoy things. Ignore the people who say stuff - they are so pathetic, i bet their own lives are far from ideal!

And wow on the Japanese, I can say hello and count to four but that's it :D It'#s fab that you are making a personal dream happen! :)

Susie your post made a lot of sense. Thank you for your kind words. Your so right about stepping up to the plate.

I stuck to the diet after going of track and I'm so happy. My stomach feels better so all round happier today.

Breakfast: 2x alpine light (heb)

Lunch: bacon, eggs, baked beans, mushroom

Snack: 3x babybel lights (hea)

Dinner: noddles, stir fry veg, pork, made own stir fry sauce

Syns: kit kat (5.5) and options hot chocolate (2) = 7.5 syns

It's great that you got back on track so quickly, you overcame a real hurdle there. The hard bit about losing weight isn't changing your diet, or when you feel a bit deprived, it's the day after you've wobbled and need to try to regain your focus. Well done for that hun.
Xxxx

I think you spoke to soon Estameme. I'm having a real struggle getting back on my diet. I've been so naughty these past few days. I'm hoping it will correct itself after I get weighed in tomorrow. That I'm focused and want to loose weight again. Well its not that I don't want to loose weight now, I just want to eat pizza, chinese and chocolate. I could be depressed though as I haven't been very motivated to do things. I'm seeing the doctor today anyway for my 6 week check up, so I'll mention it then. Doesn't help when I read a facebook post saying that all unhealthy parents are bad parents. Just because we have/had weight issues doesn't mean we're bad parents or any less of a parent than average weight parents. It really bothers me how society sees people at times.

On some better news, my daughter learnt how to crawl yesterday. Missed it as she was in creche, but she made up for it once we got home.

Last edited:
10.5lbs on. Could of been worse. Now going to claw that all back this week and hopefully get it all off next couple of weeks. My new game should be coming soon, so hopefully that will help. Its a walking game :)

At least you can draw a line underneath it now you know what you are working with. Tomorrow is another day!
A walking game?! Tell me more!

It's called step to the beat for the wii. It arrived today and I actually did some. Only 15 minutes as getting a free minute to myself is hard enough as it is, but going to try and improve on that tomorrow. It records your weight, so you can change it when it goes down and gives you medals for walking certain amount of steps (I only managed 900 in 15 minutes which was hard when my son was trying to help) It will do graphs later on and I love comparing stats!

Diet went well yesterday, was doing SP so 2 healthy extra's b

Breakfast: porridge heb

Snack: alpine bar heb 3x babybels light

Lunch: italian chicken soup (sw recipe)

Dinner: more chicken and veg.

Syns 2 kitkat 11 syns and hot chocolate 2 syns = 13syns

I wish my OH would get it into his head that I want to loose weight. He brought more pizza and doughnuts yesterday. And I was doing well until then. Grrr. Today is a new day and I feel rather positive about it though. Going to baby ballet later then get some walking in whilst Erika has a nap. I can do this one step at a time, and possible without my OH. Just because he likes bigger people, doesn't mean I actually want to be one!

Much better day today, stuck to the plan so all is good. I've done no exercise though, but been working hard on some new projects to keep myself busy, not that I had much free time. I have even less now!

Breakfast: 1x alpine bar 3x babybel lights

Lunch: Chicken, leek, carrot, mushroom turned into chunky soup, rice

Dinner: Beef, tomato, pepper, carrot, mushroom, pasta, muller light cappuccino

Syns club (6 syns) kit kat (5.5 syns) hot chocolate (2 syns) 13.5 syns

Last edited:
Muller light cappuccino sound yummy might have to look out for those :) xxx

I'm guessing you've explained to the OH that pizza etc just doesn't help? I hope you don't mind me saying but do you think he's doing it on purpose? xx

How are you getting on hun? Hope all is well x

I've been really ill to be honest so not been around, plus OH then was messing around on the computers so of course he broke mine, so now we're back.

He probably is Susie, so that doesn't help, but then he doesn't force fed me, so I guess I need a bit more control also? But it's not easy!

How I'm doing I think pretty well. I've had a few slip ups, but I have such a sore throat lately nothing seems to soothe it. So been having ice cream by the gallon. I'm not going to love the scales this week, but its my own fault. Going to get some lemsip (I swear by that stuff) down me pretty quick and hope that I get better by thursday to start a fresh.

Ugh, sorry to hear you aren't feeling 100% but at least you are prepared to get back on your game. Suck on ice cubes gf! Ice cream is like poison to you right now and as we know, we all love our poison, especially when we feel unwell (mine is buttery cheesy mashed potato!)

Hope you feel better soon hun!

hi gamy hope you feel better soon love x x

Back