Get Fit and Step it Out for 2008! RECORD YOUR DAILY STEPS HERE

Ooh, well done Wibbly Pig, Eriiney and Mini!

And less of the 'only', Eriiney, 45 minutes is ace :)

And no blushing either Mini - 900 steps isn't bad when you're poorly. ;)

Thanks Kate for your encouragement and understanding!!!:hug99:

I do feel I am finally getting over that nasty flu that is going around and I did a good bit better yesterday 1,265 steps.

I look forward to being able to walk for 45 minutes!!! or doing 10,000 steps:eek:

Love Mini xxx

Forgot to post yesterday - so here are two days worth:

Tuesday: 7,901
Wednesday: 11,519

Well done to everyone else. I've been using the pedometer since November, my counts at first were a lot lower. It also helps that I don't have a car and am trying to get out a bit more to various groups to help my toddler's speech.

The average amount I walk for is 30 minutes there and back. I don't think I could do a 2 hour walk - well not without being totally knackered.

Forgot to post yesterday - so here are two days worth:

Tuesday: 7,901
Wednesday: 11,519

Well done to everyone else. I've been using the pedometer since November, my counts at first were a lot lower. It also helps that I don't have a car and am trying to get out a bit more to various groups to help my toddler's speech.

The average amount I walk for is 30 minutes there and back. I don't think I could do a 2 hour walk - well not without being totally knackered.

Excellent steps Wibbly Pig:superwoman:

The car does tend to make one very lazy, speaking about myself here of course:eek:

Love Mini xxx

Steps for Wednesday 2,079
Steps for today Thursday 3,477

I found it much easier today and so did my little dog:chores016: Both of us made a good recovery:)

I am off to bed now:nightf:

Love Mini xxx

Steps for Friday 1,396:(

I guess walking around shopping and browsing did not make much of a dent...husband says:rolleyes: I was not making firm enough steps...I was on my feet for two hours:p

Feeling much fitter today all the same:)

How is everyone else getting on:confused:

Love Mini xxx

Hi, can I join in? I've got my pedometer clipped to the waistband of my knickers as we speak!!! I like little challenges like this. I want to lose 19lbs, but I'm trying to concentrate on exercising rather than dieting as I've become a little obsessed with calorie counting and really angry with myself when I go over, and I want to try and get away from that.

Hi yo-yo-dieter,

Welcome on board, the more the merrier:gen126:

Post your steps on here each day and how you are getting on:)

I've got my pedometer clipped to the waistband of my knickers

I have mine clipped to my bra:giggle:

Love Mini xxx

Yawn! I don't think I am going to get any more walking done today, so total steps for today is a whopping 10,596!! Including 6,490 aerobic steps (58 minutes). I did make the effort to do more walking than normal, I walked from home to DS1's football club, then back home, then back to pick him up, then we walked to Woolworth's then walked back home again (2.5m) and I did loads of housework today so I've been walking about more than I have been sat down.

Well done to everyone.

My LO has had a cold and has now passed it on to me, so my steps have suffered over the last few days.

Here they are though:

Thursday: 5,754
Friday: 7,160
Saturday: 3,950 (I know it isn't over yet, but I'm heading for bed).

]Steps for Friday 1,396:(

I guess walking around shopping and browsing did not make much of a dent...husband says:rolleyes: I was not making firm enough steps...I was on my feet for two hours:p

I am sure you must have walked plenty. I know when I am shopping I come back in feeling worn out! Your pedometer must have been made by a man!:D

Oh I love this thread!! I actually decided to do a LOT more walking so this would be great!
Can anyone tell me where I can get a pedometer? I'm in Ireland?

can't wait!

xx

I got mine from Amazon - do they deliver in Eire?

I've just bought an Omrom pedometer so I shall be pounding the streets now too! :D

]Steps for Friday 1,396:(

I am sure you must have walked plenty. I know when I am shopping I come back in feeling worn out! Your pedometer must have been made by a man!:D

PMSL:rotflmao:

I think your right BB:p

When I got my pedometer husband had me walk at my walking pace and worked out how to set it up for me (he comes in handy like that:rolleyes:)

He says when I am shopping I walk slowly, stop and start and look, pull things out and examine closely and so on...

So my feet were not hitting the ground to record the steps:rolleyes:

I was worn out when I got home:sigh:

Love Mini xxx

Yawn! I don't think I am going to get any more walking done today, so total steps for today is a whopping 10,596!! Including 6,490 aerobic steps (58 minutes). I did make the effort to do more walking than normal, I walked from home to DS1's football club, then back home, then back to pick him up, then we walked to Woolworth's then walked back home again (2.5m) and I did loads of housework today so I've been walking about more than I have been sat down.

Friday 10,596

22909iaf7yqbwhi.gif

Fantastic steps!!!

Well done to everyone.

My LO has had a cold and has now passed it on to me, so my steps have suffered over the last few days.

Here they are though:

Saturday: 3,950 (I know it isn't over yet, but I'm heading for bed).

Hi Wibbly Pig,

I hope your cold is getting better:hug99:

Saturday: 3,950

Excellent steps!!!:talk017:

Love Mini xxx

Oh I love this thread!! I actually decided to do a LOT more walking so this would be great!
Can anyone tell me where I can get a pedometer? I'm in Ireland?

can't wait!

xx

I've just bought an Omrom pedometer so I shall be pounding the streets now too! :D

I got mine on Amazon, here is a link to see the different kinds available.

http://www.minimins.com/store/amazon.html

Welcome Daisyhappy and Janey!

If your doing any kind of walking put down the mileage if you know it as they say it is 2,000 steps to a mile or thereabouts.

Or the time you were out walking as it is all about getting fit and in shape.

Love Mini xxx

All welcome at anytime! just jump on board with your name and steps...

1st.gif
Get Fit Squad Steppers for 2008!
1st.gif

On the road to fitness makes us all winners!

Mini

eriiney

Wibbly Pig

yo-yo-dieter

Daisyhappy!

Janey

Miniminor

BIG BIRDY are you joining in please:confused:

Anyone else:rolleyes:

I do not intend to do anymore than ten more steps today LOL and they will be up the stairs to Bedfordshire, so I'm reporting in now.

Today's total: 11,153 steps, of which 6,990 of those were aerobic steps (60 minutes)

I did a walk to Morrisons, then back home 1.57m (33 minutes) - which is something I wouldn't normally do as I'd go in the car, but also went to the gym, and did 20 minutes on the treadmill, and I guess the other 7 minutes must have come from the Cross Trainer, so a lot of those steps will have been gym steps.

Tomorrow will be a test because I'm obviously back at work and am desk bound apart from a walk to the loo, so finding ways to do extra steps will be a challenge.

Back