Get Fit and Step it Out for 2008! RECORD YOUR DAILY STEPS HERE

It's not the steps we are doing compared to everyone else that matters, everyone's activity levels and commitments are different, but we are all winning the competition with our 2007-selves!

I am sure I might have done quite a few steps pre-pedometer, but I dare say none of them would have been aerobic!

Yesterdays scores on the doors for me are: 13,226 in total with 6,735 of those being aerobic (60 minutes). I went out for a walk at lunchtime round the local area 1.3m in 27 minutes, then I finished work a little bit earlier, went home and dropped the car off, then walked to pick DS2 up from school and back, which was 1.76 miles in total. It was a bit of a giggle on the way back because it was extremely windy so the wind was behind us blowing us home (almost off our feets - it's nice to feel as light as a feather) and DS2 (4) thought it was hiiiilarious! I stopped off at my mums for a natter on the way home, she doesn't live too far away from us.

Today might be a challenge because DH is working today, so I'm stuck in with the kiddlies all day, then I'm off out tonight to my friends house who is having a little soiree so there'll be loads of booze and nibbles, which I am going to indulge in! I might get to the gym tomorrow though.

6853!!!:wow:

That is so impressive BB:happy096:

If this is a quiet day, I am curious as to how many steps you do on an average day...

Love Mini xxx

Mini, I don't know how many I walk. Yesterday was just housework and walking the dog. So I wasn't working (which isn't alot of steps I know), but it seemed just like a normal quiet day at home. I've probably got myself all excited thinking I will be doing more next week and find yesterday was pretty average.

Good luck with your steps, It certainly doesn't come easy.

Janey, don't overdo it now, cos that is some impressive footage you are doing! You are doing so well with so much enthusiasm.:D

It's not the steps we are doing compared to everyone else that matters, everyone's activity levels and commitments are different, but we are all winning the competition with our 2007-selves!

EXACTLY!! I am not competing with anyone on here. I just want to lose weight and this is a very personal thing for me and my steps are just me willing myself on to shed the pounds. But this forum is wonderful to share with and motivate each other, but I definitely agree our steps are our very own personal achievements. :):):) And for me, I am not dieting unlike probably most/all of you, so I want/need to put in extra effort! :D

Janey, don't overdo it now, cos that is some impressive footage you are doing! You are doing so well with so much enthusiasm.:D

No, I won't, I promise! I am going out for a walk with my hubby today (his first day with his new pedometer) and I suggested a walk and he suggested a "gentle stroll"! :rolleyes: A lot of my steps are moving about my house, it's amazing actually how housework and generally pottering about subconsciously can really clock up. :):) But living by the sea, and in this gloriously sunny, spring-like weather we have been having this week, I have really had FUN. I never thought walking was fun, but walking with a pedometer is great fun! :)

I've probably got myself all excited thinking I will be doing more next week and find yesterday was pretty average.

It is a good base to work from and to see how you go over the following week.:)

yo-yo-dieter I have updated your steps, well done.

Well said:)

I am going out for a walk with my hubby today (his first day with his new pedometer) and I suggested a walk and he suggested a "gentle stroll"!

Will your hubby be joining us here with his steps:confused:

But living by the sea, and in this gloriously sunny, spring-like weather we have been having this week

Sounds idyllic.:)

Hope you all have a lovely Saturday wherever you are:)

Love Mini xxx

Hubby and I have had a brilliant day out walking in such gorgeous, sunny spring-like weather!! We drove down to Slapton Sands (picture below) which the longest stretch of beach in the area and where 749 Americans were killed whilst practicing for the D-Day Landings on this beach. A pack of nine German E-boats - fast motor torpedo boats - surprised the Americans, appearing out of the darkness to launch their torpedoes, sinking three of the landing ships. One of the American tanks which sank is now preserved by the beach. It is the most beautiful stretch of coastline and very, very long!! (This photo doesn't even show half of it, only a quarter!!). Lots of people were out walking. We parked bang in the middle and walked up to the village and back. 7,000 steps doing that. When we are feeling fitter on a nice summer's day we plan to go back and do the other half and achieve 14,000 steps. :) On our way home we parked in Dartmouth and had a big walk around there. Had a look in John Burton-Race's restaurant which his wife sadly closed whilst he was in I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here last month. Lots of walking, and still going! 13,355 so far!

Hope everyone is having a great day. They forecast rain next week so my steps with be down. :(

GMTV's Inch Loss Island was filmed at Burgh Island just around the corner. Lovely part of the world isn't it!!

SlaptonSands.jpg

Janey, I'm from Brixham which is just 'round the corner from dartmouth! Left there a few years back and now live in the midlands. THANKS FOR THE PHOTO. Glad your steps are still up. Mine are only 4,000 today. I went into town and when I came home OH was out walking the dog, so that was another 4,000 down on what it could have been.
Glad you had a good time!

Brixham, really?! I'm in Torquay - hence all my lunchtime seaside walks!!! :D:D What a small world!

Well done on the steps!! They forecast rain next week in which case there is no way I am walking with a brolly, so my steps will slow down for a while. Probably good to give my body a rest too, although it hasn't really complained so far. :)

I'm sure I have just posted a long message with my steps!!

Well I can't find it, and don't have time to repeat it. To cut a long story short an abysmal 5465 of which 3425 of those were aerobic steps (34 minutes)

It's not abysmal at all! :eek:

Before my pedometer arrived last week I was sitting down all the time - at home, in the car, at work and my evenings on the computer. I just focused on food and sat down. I doubt I was ever doing more than 3,000 steps a day, and in reality probably only 2,000. So your steps today are brilliant!! :):):)

Janey, you mentioned it being a small world out there....

A few years ago I went to the Maldives by myself. (left OH & kids to escape. I had post natal depression but didn't know it at the time. Another story). Anyway, on the seats next to me on the plane were a couple who worked in the building next to the nusrsing home where I was working which was owned by the same person. I get to the maldives, and being all on my lonesome I get seated with strangers. One lad worked in the hospital labs where I had just left, and the 2 little old ladies lived a spit from my house!

I guess we all have connections somewhere in the world, and my parents live in spain. The interconnections there in their little vilage is scary!

Well done on that brilliant figure yesterday! In my opinion that 20,000+ steps is unheard of! Today I am at my allotment. Not many steps but physical. Gawd I am gasping for a biscuit. I'm on SS so can't, and can't again when I come off it. You said you aren't dieting at the moment, but have you in the past? (or have I just made that up?):confused:

URGH I feel dog rough today. I don't want to walk. I don't want to get off the sofa. I don't want to move. I'm never ever drinking alkyhol and eating buffet food again. In fact - my steps today will be by proxy. I'm gonna strap my pedometer to my four year old and claim his steps as mine mwahahahahahahaha

Hi Big Birdy, yes it definitely is a small world. I too have seen people abroad, it's crazy!! Yes I have dieted in the past but now I am doing intuitive eating. That being said, I am a vegetarian and really interested in healthy eating, so I sort of sway that way. :):) Thank you for your nice words about my steps, and have fun at the allotment today. You may not clock up many steps but your work will be physical so you will be burning lots of calories and at the end of the day that's what we want to achieve!!! :D

URGH I feel dog rough today. I don't want to walk. I don't want to get off the sofa. I don't want to move. I'm never ever drinking alkyhol and eating buffet food again. In fact - my steps today will be by proxy. I'm gonna strap my pedometer to my four year old and claim his steps as mine mwahahahahahahaha
:D You made me LOL! Good thinking along the proxy lines! I might have a go at taping it to the dog! He definetly does more than 10,000!:chores016:

JANEY. now somebody once tols me about intuitive eating. What is it and how can I find out more about it? I remember it being quite interesting.

Hi Big Birdy, Paul McKenna's I Can Make You Thin book is a great introduction. That's how I got into it. It's a fairly slim book but packed with a wonderful way to change your life and also has a 25 minute CD at the back which you can even listen to whilst asleep. No effort required!! It has totally changed my life and how I view food. I eat anything I want but the basic principle is only eat when hungry and stop when full (even if you still have food on your plate). Also there is Beyond Chocolate @ Beyond Chocolate @. The Beyond Chocolate book by Sophie Boss and Audrey Boss is the BEST book I have ever read. I have read it over and over again. I believe every woman should own a copy. It's delicious!! :):):)

A big part of intuitive eating is exercise - Paul McKenna recommends a pedometer, and one of Beyond Chocolate's 10 principles is "Move!". But you have to do exercise that you enjoy and not force yourself to go to the gym or do something that ultimately you will give up because you hate it so much. And as you can see I have found something I love and now I have my pedometer I have ants in my pants and can't stop moving!!! :D

Step it out for today Saturday 26th!
Get Fit Squad Steppers for 2008!
1st.gif

On the road to fitness makes us all winners!

All welcome at anytime! just jump on board with your name and steps:gen126:

Janey 20,429 :superwoman:

Miniminor 11,305:king:

Mini 9,567:princess:

yo-yo-dieter 5465

BIG BIRDY 4,000

Wibbly Pig

eriiney

Daisyhappy!

USAgirl

Daisydee

animal-smiley-040.gif
Post your name and steps and I will add you in

Hubby and I have had a brilliant day out walking in such gorgeous, sunny spring-like weather!! We drove down to Slapton Sands (picture below) which the longest stretch of beach in the area and where 749 Americans were killed whilst practicing for the D-Day Landings on this beach. A pack of nine German E-boats - fast motor torpedo boats - surprised the Americans, appearing out of the darkness to launch their torpedoes, sinking three of the landing ships. One of the American tanks which sank is now preserved by the beach. It is the most beautiful stretch of coastline and very, very long!! (This photo doesn't even show half of it, only a quarter!!). Lots of people were out walking. We parked bang in the middle and walked up to the village and back. 7,000 steps doing that. When we are feeling fitter on a nice summer's day we plan to go back and do the other half and achieve 14,000 steps. :) On our way home we parked in Dartmouth and had a big walk around there. Had a look in John Burton-Race's restaurant which his wife sadly closed whilst he was in I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here last month. Lots of walking, and still going! 13,355 so far!

Hope everyone is having a great day. They forecast rain next week so my steps with be down. :(

GMTV's Inch Loss Island was filmed at Burgh Island just around the corner. Lovely part of the world isn't it!!

SlaptonSands.jpg

Very beautiful Janey!!!

Well done on your fantastic steps!!!

Love Mini xxx

Back