Giving Atkins a Go!

Well done menu looks fab !

Thanks guys, really feeling motivated and this site helps so much, love lurking in people diaries:read:
Trying to keep the food as simple as possible, luckily I will eat anything so I don't mind having the same thing for a wee while, once I've got the basics I'll start being more adventurous!

Today's food has mostly been:
B:bacon, mushrooms and cheese slice
L: 2 hb eggs, sliced steak, salad and philly
D: steak, salad and mayo (had to use up the steak lol!

Snack was lc sausages and mayo
8 cups of water
2 coffees with cream & Splenda

Ok day today, although money is running a bit low so I'm trying to plan my meals so I know how much I need before next payday - anyone got any bargain tips? Hope everyone is having a good week x

Tonight is a bit of a struggle, I'm used to my sweet treats tonight (well every night actually :rolleyes:) but tonight especially.
B: Bacon and Eggs
L: Parma Ham with Philly, Mayo and Lettuce
D: Seafood Stir fry just used a tiny amount of chopped tom, cream and half a teaspoon of chilli (was delish!)
S: Some bacon and philly wrapped in lettuce

Morning all! Feeling pretty crappy this morning, thought I'd got away with the atkins flu thing, is it normal to get it 5 days in? Also suffering from atkins breath, anyone got any tips? Have a great Saturday everyone x

It took me five days yes x loads of water !

Water - and I always like having chicken stock in hot water, don't know why but it seems to work for me x

And visualise all those nasty carbs flushing out :)

Definitely atkins flu - i second the chicken stock as drink (check label) plus paracetamol if needed and lots of water & rest. Onvpce through it you'll feel fab:)

Started to feel a bit better as the day went on, just dog tired. I had an up and down day today and being burns night, although I'm Scottish I don't really like Burns, but I really really like haggis so I indulged!
B: Sliced ham x2 and Sliced turkey x2 with lettuce and cabbage
L: Homemade burger with cheese slice with lettuce
D: Haggis, a tablespoon of mashed turnip with butter and cream and a cream sauce concoction!
S: 2 hardboiled eggs with butter and cucumber
Philly on a cucumber

Also was watching my wee bro play football and it was freezin' so succumbed to a vending machine hot choc, hoping the damage wasn't too bad but I've not let it derail the rest of my day x

Definitely stay focused:). But i have to say ughh urgh argh to haggis :eek:

Lol I know it's weird! But hey it's my heritage haha!
B: lc sausage and bacon
L: nothing, late breakfast!
D: pulled pork and spinach
S: lc sausage and philly

Weigh in tomorrow morn so fingers crossed x

How do you do yourpulled pork

Just some pork shoulder in the slow cooker with some salted water and Pepsi max for about 8 hours, I took my portion out and the rest of the fam had a BBQ sauce - was delish!

Why the Pepsi Max? Could you tell me how much water and Pepsi you put in and then what you do with it - I've never had pulled meat before but it sounds interesting :)

I do gammon in cola or in diet ginger beer so I would probably just use all cola. Basically it makes it sweet and sticky

Back