Got to stop messing around

I'm doing really well today. I volunteer in my daughters nursery on a Friday and it's so much fun, I love it. Then I made peanut butter curry for dinner and we all loved it so clean plates and happy faces all round x

Ahhh bet it's great fun ,
Peanut butter curry , not heard of that one before

Sent from Yvonne's iPhone

Hiya! Well done on your fantastic loss to date!! Your start weight is almost identical to mine, though I'm a bit taller. :)

What knee operation have you had? :) xx

Hiya! Well done on your fantastic loss to date!! Your start weight is almost identical to mine, though I'm a bit taller. :) What knee operation have you had? :) xx

Hi Tracy , welcome to my diary ,

Thank you although I've messed around a fair bit so I've gained a bit back, but I'm trying not to dwell on it , what's happened had happened so I'm now concentrating on moving forward il catch up to where I was and then break new ground,

I had a scope, where they go in with cameras and tidy things up, but my surgeon said for my age it's quite bad , I Also have cysts in the bones and grade 3 arthritis ,
I had my op last May I went back in January as he wanted to see me approx 6 months post op and I had x rays done and he said it had significantly deteriorated and the bones are rubbing together, so he wants to operate again and see what happening, he said I need a knee replacement but my age isn't good to have one yet so he is thinking after the op to inject it every 3 month to see if that will ease the pain ,

It doesn't help that I'm on my feet all day between 9 - 13 hours depending on my shift , and even if I'm doing stuff in my office I'm still standing as they haven't given me a chair ,

Hi Tracy , welcome to my diary , Thank you although I've messed around a fair bit so I've gained a bit back, but I'm trying not to dwell on it , what's happened had happened so I'm now concentrating on moving forward il catch up to where I was and then break new ground, I had a scope, where they go in with cameras and tidy things up, but my surgeon said for my age it's quite bad , I Also have cysts in the bones and grade 3 arthritis , I had my op last May I went back in January as he wanted to see me approx 6 months post op and I had x rays done and he said it had significantly deteriorated and the bones are rubbing together, so he wants to operate again and see what happening, he said I need a knee replacement but my age isn't good to have one yet so he is thinking after the op to inject it every 3 month to see if that will ease the pain , Sent from Yvonne's iPhone

Ouch, I can sympathise! :( I've had one arthroscopy, one microfracture surgery, and had my first knee replacement in November. :) xx

Ouch, I can sympathise! :( I've had one arthroscopy, one microfracture surgery, and had my first knee replacement in November. :) xx

How is it after your replacement ?
He said I won't get much past 50 before they do a replacement ,
The last couple of weeks it has been really painfull and swollen ,
The amount of painkillers and anti inflametries I am taking still sometimes doesn't have any affect

How is it after your replacement ? He said I won't get much past 50 before they do a replacement , The last couple of weeks it has been really painfull and swollen , The amount of painkillers and anti inflametries I am taking still sometimes doesn't have any affect Sent from Yvonne's iPhone

It's slowly improving, thanks. I've gone back to work this week, on a phased basis, after three months off. It hasn't been easy, but I'm still hopeful that I'll get some improvement eventually. I'm glad I lost weight before having it done, as it would have been a lot harder to get around if I hadn't. I'm 52, so have had it done relatively "young", lol. :) xx

Ahhh bet it's great fun ,
Peanut butter curry , not heard of that one before

It's from a recipe on here. In the slimming world forum under recipes then petes recipe book. It was soo good. There r loads of recipes on it that I've written down to try x

It's from a recipe on here. In the slimming world forum under recipes then petes recipe book. It was soo good. There r loads of recipes on it that I've written down to try x

Ahhh
Yes I've seen that thread , there are some great ones on there,
Il have a look for that one x

It's slowly improving, thanks. I've gone back to work this week, on a phased basis, after three months off. It hasn't been easy, but I'm still hopeful that I'll get some improvement eventually. I'm glad I lost weight before having it done, as it would have been a lot harder to get around if I hadn't. I'm 52, so have had it done relatively "young", lol. :) xx

That's what I'm trying to do with weight , want to get done bk off before my op, I got down to 13.8 last time , still over weight but loads better than I was,
But until this week even that was making me stick to plan so I've wasted a bout 4 - 5 weeks , but I'm in the zone now do hopefully can get a bit off , fingerscrossed x

That's what I'm trying to do with weight , want to get done bk off before my op, I got down to 13.8 last time , still over weight but loads better than I was, But until this week even that was making me stick to plan so I've wasted a bout 4 - 5 weeks , but I'm in the zone now do hopefully can get a bit off , fingerscrossed x Sent from Yvonne's iPhone

You can definitely do it, you've achieved so much already! :) xx

Good to hear Vonnie :D Sorry about your poorly knees and fingers crossed you can keep away from the replacement for as long as possible. Have you involved occupational health about being able to sit for some of time?

When I went back to work I had s phase return with Dr recommendations ,
To work part time for several weeks , not to use the ladders , and he also suggested a in the office, I'm not in the office a great deal mainly when dealing with money , cashing tills , bankings etc, but it would just take the pressure off to be able to sit down, their reason for not a
Following that recommendation is the office is small and a chair won't fit,
I said s bar stool or similar just to allow me to take the pressure off while in the office , but still a no ,

When I went back to work I had s phase return with Dr recommendations ,
To work part time for several weeks , not to use the ladders , and he also suggested a in the office, I'm not in the office a great deal mainly when dealing with money , cashing tills , bankings etc, but it would just take the pressure off to be able to sit down, their reason for not a
Following that recommendation is the office is small and a chair won't fit,
I said s bar stool or similar just to allow me to take the pressure off while in the office , but still a no ,

Grrr that seems unfair. We have a member of staff here with knee issues and cause sapce was tight it was tricky but they came up with a "perching stool" that works really well. So well in fact we got more for all the staff as if possible to rest legs and feet occasionally its a good idea :)

Grrr that seems unfair. We have a member of staff here with knee issues and cause sapce was tight it was tricky but they came up with a "perching stool" that works really well. So well in fact we got more for all the staff as if possible to rest legs and feet occasionally its a good idea :)

Yes that what was I said , a bar stool or "perching" stool,
I will see what happens after my next op

How are you doing, Yvonne? Weather is a bit dire today isn't it? I don't think I'm brave enough to head out into it. The wind had been awful this winter hasn't it?

Been up to anything fun this weekend?

Hi Essie ,
I've just got bus ,
Oh it's been awful and so cold ,
Oh my yea we certainly get strong winds , that's bkackpool no us lol , but then again ,

Woo hoo! Excellent news! Well done :) 6 stone 2lbs lost, what a brilliant achievement :)

Woo hoo! Excellent news! Well done :) 6 stone 2lbs lost, what a brilliant achievement :)

I am pleased Essie ,
Only another 2 stone to get me back to where I was ,
I so want to be losing 'new' weight not 'catch up' weight ,
How are you today hun, I'm at work and believe me it's freezing and a typical strong blackpool wind,
Stay warm and cozy hun xxxx

Back