Halloumi's food diary

It was the sort of day where I didn't stop though, finally ate when I got in about 6.30, then out ferrying kids, then sorting out other bits and pieces. Before I knew it it was 11.30pm! On a normal day there's no way I could have got by on just that! Weight loss still going the right way, thanks, have lost 11.5lbs total in 4 weeks, weigh in on Saturday, but had a very off plan weekend last week, fingers crossed the bowl of soup day may have undone the damage!

Day 5, week 5

Plan:

AM: milk in coffee (3.0)
Yogurt
PM: Petit pain (hex), manchego (hea), salad, chicken, yogurt.
Homemade fish curry (4.5) and rice.
Options (2.0)

Total syns: 9.5

Last edited:
Start Weight: 13.8
Week 4 loss: 3lb
Current weight: 12.10.5

Forgot to update on Sat!

Well done, your doing good so far.

I know the type of days you mean, happens when I'm busy at work sometimes, the worst thing is I normally grab unhealthy junk for convenience and quickness as I have no time or energy to cook and starving.

Well done, your doing good so far.

I know the type of days you mean, happens when I'm busy at work sometimes, the worst thing is I normally grab unhealthy junk for convenience and quickness as I have no time or energy to cook and starving.

You see, that sounds like me, I am convinced a lot of my weight gain has come from my lifestyle and consequent food choices, previously I could be so busy that I wouldn't eat for most of the day so I'd either stop at a garage for chocolate or something similar, or I'd get home and have crisps, biscuits whatever, because I was so hungry and they were quick. Now I'm trying to plan better for those days, and when I don't, like the other day, I was hungry but knew if I bought food it would be synned, and then when I got in the soup was in the fridge waiting for me. I think once I've lost weight my focus has to be on making the right choices and planning my food when I know I'm going to be busy. Some people are really good at it, I think I'll need practice!!!

Hi there! I'm Bubbles No.2. I know I'm butting into your thread but I saw a familiar name and couldn't resist. From what I read you're doing well so keep going. Try weekend cooking for the week and stocking up in the freezer. That way when u home late and looking for something to eat, you grab the right food and always have fresh fruit around (specially bananas) as quick snack when u want something sweet.

Hi Bubbles, you see cooking for the week at the weekend is my idea of hell! I am not a cooking fan, its more of a necessity than a pleasure - no, I just need to make sure I have something for the day with me, ryvita and cheese works well, with fruit for the 1/3 super free. I get lazy though!

Day 6, week 5

Today:
AM: milk in coffee (3.0), bacon
PM: Petit pain (hex), cheese (hea), apple, yogurt.
Steak, SW chips, salad.
SW lemon curd in mini tart cases (x2 = 3.5)

Other syns: options 2.0
Total syns: 8.5

Last edited:
Hey well done! For someone whose not cooking you doing well! know what you mean about being lazy can't be bothered sometimes. Keep up the good work.

SW lemon curd tarts, I made 18 of these babies (tartlets came ready made, just added filling) and everyone ate them! Result!!! Even my fussy eater child (whose hand is posing in the pic). It was a recipe I found on here, so thank you Zafira, will be making that again :)

Lucky you. Mine only cooks if he has to but when he does he has to use half a bottle of oil, otherwise its not real food. Thank God mum does the cooking for him during the week at lunch time cos I'm at work but poor thing wont dare to cook without oil! No after a bad phase and a big gain I have to pull myself together and start again. Keep posting your food you could give me some tips. By the way the tartlets look nice.

Day 7, week 5

Lol, mine can be a bit excessive with the oil too, when left to his own devices, I'm forever going 'remember to use fry light!' He seems to have got the hang of it now though :)

Today:
AM: 2 alpen lights, yogurt
PM: baked potato with beans, low fat cheese and salad.
Roast chicken with swede mash, carrots, potatoes.

Syns: milk in coffees (3.0), options (2.0) mini marshmallows (2.0)

Total: 7.0

Last edited:
I snatched the oil out of my husbands hand last night when he was about to pour it into our a tidy to do the chips! I said to use fry light instead and he said it won't work, they won't crisp up properly if you don't use proper oil. I said, well that's funny. Because the chips we had the other night crisped up and they were done with fry light!

Lol, Why are men so quick to dismiss the wonders of fry light? I think it's ace :)

I know my hubs only humours me with it, when he cooks for himself and kids and I'm not here I'm under no illusions, I know whatever it is will be cooked with a (un?!) Healthy dollop of oil. Men!

Day 1, week 6

I am not in a good place. Hungry, hungry day.

AM: yogurt
PM: 2 ryvita (hex), peanut butter (4.5), cheese (hea), strawberries, quark & balsamic (better with mascarpone rather than quark but hey ho), hula hoops (6.5), options (2.0)
Smoked salmon, onion & quark pasta later & yogurt, another options before bed (2.0)

Total: 15.0 (fingers crossed, I'm so hungry and grumpy!!!)

Last edited:
Back