hi

teddybear1

hi there I have been doing slimming world for 2 years but recently been struggling over the course of the 2 years I have lost a bit put a bit back on and lost it again only to put it back on again and more and in jan this year I was diagnosed type 2 diabetic. I change things around stick to plan but cant seem to lose the weight. I have gone from a size 18 to 12-14 so that's good but its the weight I need to lose at least 10% to increase my resistance on my diabetes getting worse. I know exercise is prob the key but I am suffering from a very painful foot condition called plantar fasciitis and have asthma which since I put on the weight has become uncontrollable I do walk when I can even only a bit as I know it will help. im out of ideas as to what to eat and get board with food quickly I don't know if to give up carbs or increase carbs due to my diabetes and im waiting on a appointment to see a diabetes nurse to go through in depth what im eating.

can someone please help me sort this out and give me some ideas on things to eat before I throw in the towell

Hi Teddybear, I read your post with interest as you say that you are a size 12-14 but that doesn't convey very much about your overall status as how tall are you and also how old as well?
As regards getting your diabetes under control I am T2 as well and still very much over weight but due to my eating healthily my statistics have become quite normal which means that you don't necessarily have to get to be like a skinny person in order to maintain a healthy body.
I think you will be better to wait to see what the nurse advises about your eating habits.
All the best to you.

Hi Teddybear, I read your post with interest as you say that you are a size 12-14 but that doesn't convey very much about your overall status as how tall are you and also how old as well?
As regards getting your diabetes under control I am T2 as well and still very much over weight but due to my eating healthily my statistics have become quite normal which means that you don't necessarily have to get to be like a skinny person in order to maintain a healthy body.
I think you will be better to wait to see what the nurse advises about your eating habits.
All the best to you.

I am 39yrs old and weigh 12st2

I am 39yrs old and weigh 12st2

Great Teddybear...that's no age and not very overweight either.
Get into following a good healthy diet which I am sure your nurse will help you with..and you'll soon have the Db under control. Let me know how you get on.
You can contact me on my diary..the link is just below this near my signature.

Back