how did you choose your goal weight?

I would look ridiculous if I got back to my slimmest weight. I think as you get older, it's not always so flattering to be too skinny.

I sort of had the BMI figure in mind, but I also wanted to go for what felt right.

Having said that, I stopped when I felt right, then 6 months later decided to diet again ready for quitting cigs (which I thought would make me gain). I found that I felt even better a little smaller.

It's very easy to stop losing the weight too soon. The old chatterbox is amazingly convincing when you get close to goal. It'll tell you allsorts of lies.

Not that I want people to go crazy, but it's all relative. Feeling better compared to what?

think this especially applies to VLCDs when the loss is so quick.

Infact going back to my lowest weight would be unhealthy for me as i was under 8 stone :cry: Ate like a pig to :sigh: Having kids soon changed that :rolleyes:

LOl seems like most of us have the 'baby envelope!' I had an emergency c section with my daughter and another one with my twins ... so not only a baby envelope but 2 ugly cutting scars! LOL!

xx

Thanks so much for all of your replies girls!! it really helped to get all the different perspectives and Ive got some great ideas on how to go about is.

Edel, I really like your idea about the 5lbs under the "high end" of the bmi - that would make my goal 10.7 (3 pounds less than my current target) and 5lbs would give me plenty of leeway for when Im bold!! (holidays,christmas etc..) so thanks for that miss! I think I might just go with that!! xx

Oh and Marie, I completely know what you mean about being a 12 in some shops!

A 12 in Awear is loose on me (but Im positive they are a "size up" anyway)

A 12 in warehouse, Zara, Marks etc.. fits fine but in the likes of Jane Norman I have to go back into a 14!! which is really annoying - sizes should be universal for God's sake!! :mad: Its really disheartening when you've worked hard to get into something to find you have to wear a bigger size!!!! - I just avoid shopping in these places!!!

Thanks so much for all of your replies girls!! it really helped to get all the different perspectives and Ive got some great ideas on how to go about is.

Edel, I really like your idea about the 5lbs under the "high end" of the bmi - that would make my goal 10.7 (3 pounds less than my current target) and 5lbs would give me plenty of leeway for when Im bold!! (holidays,christmas etc..) so thanks for that miss! I think I might just go with that!! xx

Glad I could help - I do have good ideas sometimes!

Back