Hubz's food diary

I know of some people who do this, and I do remember my consultant saying it was possible, for exactly the reason's you've stated - not everyone can use all their millk allowance in a day, but will use it in tea or coffee :)

Unprepared for today and forgot to pick up a new covent garden soup for my lunch and HEB today, so winging it.

Breakfast: 2x HIFI bars, tea with skimmed milk, (using milk as my HEA today so will have more tea and use the semi skimmed milk as I can never use the whole amount). Tangerine and bananna.

Lunch: Again leftover cottage pie, sweetcorn, free cottage cheese which I forgot to have yesterday for lunch and any salad bits left in the fridge, lettuce, sweetcorn etc all free bits. Strawberry mullerlight yogurt and a fruit pot, kiwi, strawerries. 1 tablespoon of coleslaw = 2 syns.

Dinner: Birdseye salmon pouch sweet chilli and ginger sauce - FREE, brocolli and cabbage and carrots.

Will probably have more fruit later, I volunteer at a local kids club on Wednesdays after work so late when I get in and will be hungry and want something quick, more kiwi fruit.

syns - 2.

Weigh in again tomorrow, not feeling too positive. I am going to a spa with my sister tomorrow and spent all morning trying to figure out what to have. Going to Zizzi and am going to go for Spaghetti Pomodoro, have seen from the SW website that average portion is about 3 1/2 syns - result!

Last edited:
Sometimes those weeks where we don't feel too confident cane end up being better than originally thought :) but if it's not, don't get too down, it'll show at some point :) I had one of those weeks this week, and my loss wasn't as much as I'd hoped, but it was still 1.5lbs off, which is a good thing :D
Your diaries look good, the only thing I would suggest is maybe use more syns. Using only a small amount is great, but they're there to be used, so don't be too afraid to use some more :) But good for you pre-planning what you are going to have at Zizzi :) I've just made plans to go for a curry and a few drinks with the girls from work in a couple of weeks, so I'll be working out what I can have the week leading up to it :D

Thanks. I have actually been trying to avoid using too many syns, but I have seen that some people loose more weight when they do use them.

Tonight's dinner.

image-615363099.jpg

Thanks. I have actually been trying to avoid using too many syns, but I have seen that some people loose more weight when they do use them.

Tonight's dinner.

View attachment 164143

i have been losing 'on average' 3 lbs a week, and i nearly always use all my syns :)

Breakfast: Breakfast: Weetabix fruit and nut crispy minis HEXB & skimmed milk HEXA

Snacks: Pomm bears (4.5 syns), strawberries, apples.

Lunch / Dinner: Zizzi spaghetti pomodoro with parmesan – Estimating 8 syns (SW website says 3 1/2 syns but with the huge portion of mozzarella and Parmesan ill do 8.

Total syns - 12.

Lost 1 pound. Disappointed again as I have stayed on plan, but will keep on it. It's that time of month so hoping it's set me back this week.

Really hoping for a bigger loss next week for me to keep motivated.

Breakfast: Breakfast: Weetabix fruit and nut crispy minis HEXB & skimmed milk HEXA

Snacks: Pomm bears (4.5 syns), strawberries, apples.

Lunch / Dinner: Zizzi spaghetti pomodoro with parmesan – Estimating 8 syns (SW website says 3 1/2 syns but with the huge portion of mozzarella and Parmesan ill do 8.

Total syns - 12.

Lost 1 pound. Disappointed again as I have stayed on plan, but will keep on it. It's that time of month so hoping it's set me back this week.

Really hoping for a bigger loss next week for me to keep motivated.

1lb is still 1lb less than you were :) I know it's not what you were hoping for, but if it's totm, there's usually water retention etc. that combats any losses. Fingers crossed for next week!
And like SilverMoon suggests, incorporate some of your syns into meals... For example, if you decide to have a tuna pasta salad for lunch, use some syns on that (mayo)
My favourite thing to use my syns on at the minute is the mini Twister ice lollies. They're 2.5 each, so if I've got plenty of syns left over, I can have one (sometimes I've had 2 :D) of those after my dinner :)

Well having quite a few syns today.

Breakfast / mid morning snacks: Melon, grapes, bananna, tangerine.
Lunch: 300g Carrot and Corindar New Covent Garden Soup (HEB), 1x 800g wholemeal seeded bread (5 1/2) with 40g reduced fat cheddar cheese. Mullerlight strawberry yogurt, apple.
Snack: Cadbury mini animal chocolates - 5 1/2
Dinner: Low fat (free) quorn sasuages with cabbage, brocolli, (possibly a few baby potatoes) and bisto gravy (1 syn)
2x teas - 1 with skimmed milk and one with semi skimmed milk - 1.5 syns

Total syns 13.5.

Going away for the night tomorrow after my tutorial so will be eating out and picking up low syn convenience stuff, so will be using my syns.

Does anyone know how I work out the syn value in things with free foods? Is there anyway on the SW app or website, or do I just use the 20 rule even though that may be a little high?

You can use the syns calculator on the website to work it out, that's if you can't find it on the syns list on the website :)

Thanks. Will try, for the moment I'm just counting the dressing as a syn. Couldn't figure out the syns calculator on my phone. My consultant said its on the website not the app, not sure if I have found the right bit or not.

Good weekend, just got home. Food not as low in syns as I had hoped, but really didn't indulge, shows you how much junk you are really eating.

So food over the weekend.

Saturday:

Breakfast: Weetabix Crispy minis fruit and nut (HEXB) with skimmed milk (HEXA).
Lunch: Thai prawn noodle salad from starbucks - prawns, carrot, red pepper, radish, modi, pak choi and pea shoots, I have estimated 5 syns for the dressing which was soy and chilli sauce. Cannot find this anywhere to get the correct syns.
M&S reduced fat humous and carrot sticks - again have guessed the syns and counted 6 as you get quite a bit of humous in the tub. Fruit pot, apple.
Snacks: Pomm bear crisps 4.5 syns
Dinner: Jacket Potato (no butter) with beans, salad - lettuce, cucumber, few crisps (4) coleslaw - (11 syns), 1x J20 drink - 4.5 syns.

Total syns 35

Sunday
Breakfast: 2x Wholemeal bread for toast (HEXB), not sure of the size so will add 4 syns to be sure. 2 cups of tea throughout the day with semi skimmed milk (HEXA), beans, 2x fried egg (3 syns for oil), 2 bites of a hash brown that was awful - 2 syns, apple juice - 2 syns, fruit - orange, pinapple, grapes, melon.

Snacks: Popcorn 2.5 syns

Lunch / Dinner: White bap (11 syns), tuna mayo (5 mayo), salad, coleslaw (11 syns), few crisps (4 syns).

Mango and kiwi fruit pot as a snack on the way home.

Total syns 44.5

79.5 syns in 2 days.

That's not bad at all for a weekend away! The main thing is whether you enjoyed yourself, we can only do so much in sticking to the plan when the food is taken out of our hands, but I think you've done really well, especially as you seem to us fewer syns generally through the week :)

It's all dependant on the person, and also what the plans are where you want to use flexi syns. You get 105 to use aross the week, and as long as it's not all the time, having a 'blow out' one weekend isn't too bad :)
For example, I've made plans to go to a Soul do at the weekend, so it's a day of drinking pretty much. I'm accounting for (ahem) several drinks across the day (spirit and diet mixer) so I'm trying to limit my syns during the week to around 6/7 a day. And where I would usually go for a take away on my way home, I'm going to make a SW curry on Saturday so I just need to zap it in the microwave when I get home on the Sunday :) and may even treat myself to a poppadom or two and some chutney :D lol

Back