I CAN do this! :)

poor you, sending you happy thoughts xx

Thanks for your replies guys.

Although I don't feel like eating I think SW wise I need to make the effort. Not eating can have the same effect on the scales as eating to much sometimes.

Just read your bit about the PCOS and metformin. I also have it so you have my sympathy as it's no fun. Just wanted to say if they suggest you take a very strong contraceptive pill called Dianette then don't!! Look it up on the net first as it's scary stuff. I'm a few weeks into coming off of it at the moment after 8 years on it (should never have been prescribed it for more than a year as I now know) and as well as symptoms coming back I'm also gaining weight :-( I'm considering asking for metformin like yourself.

Kepp going with it as you're doing so well. x

Just read your bit about the PCOS and metformin. I also have it so you have my sympathy as it's no fun. Just wanted to say if they suggest you take a very strong contraceptive pill called Dianette then don't!! Look it up on the net first as it's scary stuff. I'm a few weeks into coming off of it at the moment after 8 years on it (should never have been prescribed it for more than a year as I now know) and as well as symptoms coming back I'm also gaining weight :-( I'm considering asking for metformin like yourself.

Kepp going with it as you're doing so well. x

Thanks EmmyLou

Your weight loss is amazing!!!! how long has it taken you to loose what you have?

I was put on Dianette when I was 14 because of my hair face and was left on it till I took my self off it when I was about 19. No wonder I was a MESS :eek: My opinion is the doctors think they can just put people on it and forget about them without any regard of the risks.

Wednesday 11th May 2011

I lost 1 lbs last night :happy036: Would have preferred 2 but in the right direction so pleased!

Breakfast
1 Slice Brown Toast - 1/2 ExB
1/2 Melon - Free
Tea - Milk from ExA
1 Activia Snack Pot - Free

Lunch
Pasta 'n' Sauce - Free
1 Banana - Free
1 Activia Snack pot - Free

Evening Meal (Wednesday night is granny night she made)-
Chicken Casserole & Potatoes - Free
Sara Lee Raspberry & Cream Gateau - Syns ???? I can't find it anywhere :-(

Snacks
1 Aplen Light - 1/2 ExB

Last edited:
well done!! a pounds is a pound, I'm jealous lol. Fingers crossed for me tomorrow morning

Well done on the pound loss :)

I agree they put you on these drugs and don't warn you. I was obese for the last 5 years I was taking that pill which is a big no no with any pill let alone that one but they never said anything when I had my blood pressure checked and they gave me another years worth. Good for you taking yourself off it. Wish I'd done it sooner.

My weight loss is slowed by having an underactive thyroid that although is 'fixed' with meds it's still not right. Initially I took 4 months to lose 1 stone 10lb, then I leveled out and gave up and put half a stone back on. Then I started again in September last year, lost that half a stone and it's been fairly steady 0.5lb to 1lb a week since. Except the gains since coming off the Dianette!

I have a diary on here if you want to read my ups and downs since September :)

Thursday 12th May 2011

Breakfast 8am
1 Banana - Free
Cup of tea - Milk from ExA Really didn't feel like breakfast feeling very squeamish again. But forced down the banana

10am
2 Fry Light Fried Eggs - Free
2 Cups of Tea - Milk from ExA

Lunch - 1pm
Stir Fried Onions, Red Peppers with bachelors savory rice - Free
Water - Free

4pm
1 Apple - Free

Evening Meal 5.30pm
SW Sausages, Chips & Beans - Free

Snacks PM
Kit Kat Senses - 8.5 Syns
1 Alpen Light - 1/2 ExB

Don't know what to have for my ExB today (didn't feel like toast at breakfast)

Last edited:
Hi Scottish bride,

Congrats on the 1LB loss. I guess your scottish, I have many fond memories of Scotland, I was stationed at Leuchars near Saint Andrews back in the eighties. Great place. Your diet looks good, keep up the good work.

Friday 13th May 2011

Breakfast (as I Type)
Tea - Milk from ExA

Lunch
Pasta - Free
1/2 Melon - Free
1 Alpen Light - 1/2 ExB

Evening Meal
Baked Potatoes - Free
30% less fat asda sausage roll - 9 Syns :-(

Snacks
Apple - Free

Last edited:
good start to the day, I'm sitting here, had 2 cups decaf, just thinking about breakfast. probably a mushroom omelette

have a good one :)

good start to the day, I'm sitting here, had 2 cups decaf, just thinking about breakfast. probably a mushroom omelette

have a good one :)

Hey,

How was the omelette?

I know you will think this sounds stupid but how do you make an omelette? I have never made one and they sound nice.

Me
x

fry light your frying pan, a little non stick one is best, put you mushrooms, bacon, onion or whatever you're having in it in first for a couple of minutes, mix some eggs up however many you like, put them in the pan as well, leave it on a moderate heat for a bit until the edges come away from the pan then flip it over, if you're having cheese on put it on now then you can either just let it melt or put it under the grill to melt, et voile un omelette!

I eat loads of them, takes a bit to get used to what heat to put it on, I've got electric (crap) hob so it takes ages to either heat up or cool down.

Similar situation for a frittata, not sure what the difference is, maybe more stuff in it so more dense. You can make your omeletter with baked beans in.

I eat loads of omelette cos depends what you put in it its free on SW as long as you don't use any oil.

Have a go!

Saturday 14th May 2011

Breakfast
2 Fried Eggs - Free
Tea - Milk from ExA

Lunch
baked tatties & beans - Free but GOD i'm bored need some variation in my menu!

Evening Meal

Today has been a real mixed bag so far. This morning was ok a nice slow start for a Saturday morning oh went for fuel for his van and took one of our dd's with him so I got the hard floors cleaned and so on.

Had Lunch then started the trial run of dd2's birthday cake the cake has worked out fine and looks ok. but it needs eaten and I keep looking at it like I want the whole thing. Not to mention the spoon licking of the butter cream filling I am so angry with my self :argh: .

One of our hobbies is breeding English Springer Spaniels and got a phone call this afternoon from a fellow breeder who would like to know if we would like to take in a puppy in a month for free but in exchange when we breed again next year give her a puppy back from our litter / line. The thought of a puppy is lovely but really not sure at all. I know it will end up being me that does everything.

Tomorrow is a fresh start I guess. The birthday is Tuesday I hope I can resist the cake then!!!

Last edited:
mmm cake, you can do it, resist the cake! Or let yourself have a little bit and syn it :) thats what SW is all about, having a little bit of what you fancy. If you want a cake thats low syns go to www.slimmingeats.com, britmum has a squidgy chocolate cake recipe which is really nice and only 9 syns for the entire cake, I usually sandwich it with some quark and options mix.

have you tried making an omelette yet? what about a SW quiche, there's loads of recipes on here for it.

Do you have any of the SW cookbooks? theres a book called 100 extra easy days with loads of ideas for breakfast, lunches and dinners.

Puppies are hard work, but I don't need to tell you that, but they're lovely all the same.

Sunday 15th May 2011

Breakfast
3 fried eggs and 1 Slice brown Toast - 1/2 ExB
Tea - Milk from ExA

Lunch
Soup - from kitchen of mum

Evening Meal
Something with chicken (it's in the slow cooker for the day)

Kerry well I have bought a smaller non stick pan in preparation ;-) and orders heaps of eggs on my asda.com shop coming tonight.

Yes I am thinking we should say no to the puppy - apart from anything else we have three dogs of our own already and actually really don't have the room to take another. Although OH will say what is one more I will have to be hard and stick to my guns on this because I know he will want to change my mind and take it anyway.

lol I know the 'whats one more', I had 2 dogs when me and OH got together and he had 2 as well, then one of his friends bred some terrier pups and there was a little black one so I said 'well whats one more' and now we have 5.....

still, good for the body magic. DO you fill that in? I haven't so far but was thinking about starting it, get some more shiny stickers for my book because 1.5 stone seems to be eluding me.....

Monday 16th May 2011

Well Well Well I am writing off the last couple of days!!!

So today is a new day and a new start. Although we are taking out little girl to brewsters tonight for her birthday tea so I will be good all day and enjoy tonight!

Breakfast
2 Slices of Brown Toast - ExB
Plate of Strawberries - Free
Tea - Milk from ExA

Lunch

Evening Meal
Brewsters

Wednesday 18th May 2011

Hey everybody!

DD2 had a lovely birthday thankyou for thinking of us and our meal was really nice.

The scales last night were not kind to me :cry: I put on 4lbs!!!!!
I was naughty eating wise but not 4lbs worth I don't think so have perhaps come to the conclusion it has a little to do with my cycle as the three metformin a day brought on my first proper period in about ten years, anyway 4lbs has given me the kick up the bottom I needed to get back on track and have a good week this week.

So Far today:

Breakfast 8.30am
3 Kiwi Fruits - Super Free
Tea - Milk from ExA

Lunch 1.00pm
Tin of bean - Free
Grapes - Super Free
Activia Snack Pot - Free

Evening Meal
SW Sausages - Free
SW Roast Tatties - Free
Carrots - Super Free

Snacks
Banana & Apple 11.30am - Super Free
Snack a Jack Salt & Vinegar Jumbo - 2 Syns
Asda Bubbly Bar - 3 Syns

Exercise
23 minutes on the wii fit and 40 minutes on just dance - sweating now lol!!!!!

Last edited:
Back