I'll prove I can do it!!

Awwww Christy, life is cr*p sometimes, isn't it? You are doing all the right things though - and you should feel proud of yourself! I think too often overweight women suffer with really low self esteem. The pressure on us to look fabulous is huge but when life throws you a curve ball it's so easy to eat to make yourself better - it is for me, anyway. I'm rooting for you!

My dad died very suddenly at the age of 52 and then a couple of years a go my brother committed suicide at the age of 36. My mum has type II diabetes and I've inherited the family high blood pressure problems. I'm 45 and don't want to end up like that. I want to live a full and healthy and active life, for both me and my children.

You are doing brilliantly - I love that quote "to change your future you have to change your decision today".

Christy that's so sad you must have had such a hard time at such a young age.
You are so brave. You are losing weight for so many good reasons. You sound like an amazing mum and losing weight for your little boy is such a good reason. My mum worked long hours since I was 6 weeks old and we don't have a close relationship so losing the weight will enable you to keep up with your little one and spend precious time together. You have amazing support from your dad and as a child raised mainly by grandparents he is very lucky nanas and granddads are the best!
Keep going hun you will feel amazing very soon!

omg the lift experience wow missy u did so well im v v impressed x whooopppp hows u my love x

JoolsG said:
Awwww Christy, life is cr*p sometimes, isn't it? You are doing all the right things though - and you should feel proud of yourself! I think too often overweight women suffer with really low self esteem. The pressure on us to look fabulous is huge but when life throws you a curve ball it's so easy to eat to make yourself better - it is for me, anyway. I'm rooting for you!

My dad died very suddenly at the age of 52 and then a couple of years a go my brother committed suicide at the age of 36. My mum has type II diabetes and I've inherited the family high blood pressure problems. I'm 45 and don't want to end up like that. I want to live a full and healthy and active life, for both me and my children.

You are doing brilliantly - I love that quote "to change your future you have to change your decision today".

Yep life can be cruel. Over the years I'm starting to appreciate that it's how you react to the curve balls that counts. C*@p happens and I stuff my face with food. I need to find ways of coping with pressure in a more constructive way - when I was splitting up with my ex of 10 years I started running, I'd run for miles to clear my head. I can't do that now as I have a knee injury and its the one thing I've been told not to do. Hence why I'm swimming - I used to be quite good back in the day.

I had a bit of an epiphone yesterday; I have a cycle of yo yoing with my diet. The trigger seems to be when a relationship is hurting me I eat. It's like I'm subconsciously trying to get fat to isolate myself so I won't get hurt again. Trouble is i then feel awful about myself and so the cycle goes on. Bit deep and probably over thinking things but I think that was the case last time.

I also worry that my son will get bullied at school because his mum is fat - children are so cruel sometimes and I want him to be proud of me.

I think health and energy and most of all our kids are the best reasons to shed the pounds. I am certain we will win this battle and reach our goals. It takes a lot of commitment to stick to this type of diet - something this hardcore has to work ;) x

Carly1882 said:
Christy that's so sad you must have had such a hard time at such a young age.
You are so brave. You are losing weight for so many good reasons. You sound like an amazing mum and losing weight for your little boy is such a good reason. My mum worked long hours since I was 6 weeks old and we don't have a close relationship so losing the weight will enable you to keep up with your little one and spend precious time together. You have amazing support from your dad and as a child raised mainly by grandparents he is very lucky nanas and granddads are the best!
Keep going hun you will feel amazing very soon!

Thank u!!! I do worry that I work too many hours, but i need to to support my child. One of the downsides of being a single mum I guess. I'm so lucky that Dad does so much and he and my boy are so close - its lovely to see their bond.

I want to be get myself back in shape so I can muck about and do crazy things together - I want him to live a healthy, active life and see me as a role model rather than an embarrassment.

Thank u for u'r lovely words - it really means a lot :) xx

LeaE said:
omg the lift experience wow missy u did so well im v v impressed x whooopppp hows u my love x

Ha ha ha omg sandwichgate was torture!! I still don't know how I survived!!! I've told my boss I'm never doing that again - one of my team will have to go in future lol.

I'm ok, I've stuck to plan today. I've had quite a wierd 24 hours but I'm getting my head around a lot. This diet is taking me on a huge journey in more ways than one - this site is just brilliant and so supportive. Way better than any slimming club meetings I've ever been on :) xxx

ChristyT said:
Ha ha ha omg sandwichgate was torture!! I still don't know how I survived!!! I've told my boss I'm never doing that again - one of my team will have to go in future lol.

I'm ok, I've stuck to plan today. I've had quite a wierd 24 hours but I'm getting my head around a lot. This diet is taking me on a huge journey in more ways than one - this site is just brilliant and so supportive. Way better than any slimming club meetings I've ever been on :) xxx

Too true chrissy too true point one of it being better than any meeting and good god have I been to many meetings one ww one had a fat short woman called Julie stood at the front preaching to us all about loosing weight and this is really awful but it was like that little Britian show fat friend plus all I could think was omg this fat woman cant honestly be saying this to me !!! Really !!!!!!!
Secondly yes this diet does take u on such a journey it's just unreal x I have learnt loads about my body like never before ! It's changing my perspective my confidence my everything my view on life just everything it's crazy and it's really tested me to my limits and opened doors to thing I could never even consider xx well done missy on doing so well

Ha ha ha ha!!! Omg you have just reminded me of my old ww leader - Val. She was sooo skinny and her 'fat' picture was a really old photo of her in a massive fur coat. I've seen more meat on a butchers pencil! It was just like the "dust....how many calories in dust?!!" It's hard to keep motivated when the person guiding you has no idea what it's like to be truely overweight xx

ChristyT said:
Ha ha ha ha!!! Omg you have just reminded me of my old ww leader - Val. She was sooo skinny and her 'fat' picture was a really old photo of her in a massive fur coat. I've seen more meat on a butchers pencil! It was just like the "dust....how many calories in dust?!!" It's hard to keep motivated when the person guiding you has no idea what it's like to be truely overweight xx

Well I will be yr fat friend then cos I hundred percent get it x I will promise not to patronise u lmao x

Ahhh thank u lovely! Im very lucky to have someone who is so inspirational supporting me :) what app do you use to work out your BMI. I'm thinking of downloading it xx

ChristyT said:
Ahhh thank u lovely! Im very lucky to have someone who is so inspirational supporting me :) what app do you use to work out your BMI. I'm thinking of downloading it xx

It's by tactio and it's called target weight it's free so defo get it I love it xxxxxx

LeaE said:
It's by tactio and it's called target weight it's free so defo get it I love it xxxxxx

Brill thanks lovely!! x

casablanca said:
Fantastic loss in just 18 days Christy - well done - you must be chuffed :D

How did it you get on yesterday?

x

Thank u!!! I feel really embarrassed saying this but I forgot to go!!! I somehow thought it was today - my CDC texted me and I'm going to go over tonight.

I had a sneaky look on my scales and I was 18 stone 2, I know I will be heavier tonight though. With a big push I should be able to get into the 17s next week...yay!!!! I have all my fingers and toes crossed :) x

Arrggghhhh bricking myself for tonight's official WI - cant believe it's been 3 weeks since my last one and desperate to update my stats xx

I'm sure you'll do great! Let us know how you get on x

I'm taking a planned break this week as I'm on holiday with the family and I realised as I was packing that I don't have enough bars! I prefer a bar to take out for lunch as they are far easier than having to make up a shake.

Also the scales seem to have slowed down and I've been having dizzy spells for the last couple of weeks so I'm hoping a planned break will do me some good. Back straight to it on Monday though :)

JoolsG said:
I'm sure you'll do great! Let us know how you get on x

I'm taking a planned break this week as I'm on holiday with the family and I realised as I was packing that I don't have enough bars! I prefer a bar to take out for lunch as they are far easier than having to make up a shake.

Also the scales seem to have slowed down and I've been having dizzy spells for the last couple of weeks so I'm hoping a planned break will do me some good. Back straight to it on Monday though :)

If u'r having dizzy spells I think it's probably wise to have a break. Hopefully will get you feeling back to normal.

Spoke to my CDC tonight about my best friends hen night and wedding; she's given me the green light to go off plan and enjoy it. So I'm going to do just that. Will b good to have a day of normal food :)

Had my weigh in......I'm 18 stone 3, so I've lost 12lbs whilst she's been away. Pretty chuffed with that I have to say - she's over the moon :) x

There is a shed load of chocolate in the office today...this is torture....

Epic fail....god damn you chocolate mini roll.... :(

As long as you stopped after that mini roll love. It's done now so forget about it. I ate a bit of tuna yesterday and I felt so sick after it. Put me off doing that again. I felt so guilty ad it was only day 3 I was on. I decided to draw a line under it and move on.
I am taking a break from men too. In going to concentrate on my kids and studying and the money I am saving from going out is going into a fund to take te kids to Alton towers. Te more I think about it the shittier I feel about how much wasted money I spent on food and drink xxx

Back