I'm back and ready to lose a stone for Xmas :-)

Do you weigh yourself more than once a week? I like your plan when you hit target, I have a long way to go before I can even see my target lol!

Sent from my GT-P5110 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Do you weigh yourself more than once a week?

I am a very naughty serial weigher. I weigh myself every morning first thing when I get up. I find it works for me as if I'm not losing (or had a small gain) I can do an extra work out or have a lo cal day, or if I have lost lots I feel even more motivated to lose more :)

FatMum (no I can't call you that )...GettingthinnerMum - have you got an interim target - like maybe 10% - to aim for that feels more acheivable?

Yes I can see your thought process maybe I need to adopt that re the scales, keep me focussed. Re my weight want to lose 7lbs before xmas then work on it a stone at a time, fatmum is fine to call me thankyou though lol

I think little goals are definitely a good way too go if you have a lot to lose, that's what I have done to keep me motivated and it's really worked for me.

I don't know what my ultimate goal is yet. ...I originally wanted to lose 3 stone and I'm half a stone awau from that but I'll deffo keep going after then. ... my next aim is to get to a size 12.... I've just got into 14's :)

Setting goals is a great idea and ponytales weekends off sound great! my goal is to lose 1st 7lbs roughly would prefer 2st but may be happy at the stone and a half! I was meant to weigh myself today but am too scared as I don't feel any difference and don't want to be disappointed and therefore think why am I doing this! crazy but funny how the mind plays tricks!

Date dieter sometime when I think I havent lost any I have so you might be surprised. So after a 5 mile run yesterday, an hours weights workout at the gym and no cheating on my diet I am 2lbs lighter this morning woo hoo

Well done NotquiteasFatMum :)

Get on the scales DD. Either one of two thinks will happen - you will have had a good loss and feel even more motivated or you will be dissapointed but then you can look back and think what could you have done better and apply that this week.

I find weighing myself everyday keeps me accountable! It's not for everyone though.

Good news though - after my naughty weekend I am back to my pre weekend weight so now it's nose to the grindstone as I am determined to have a good loss this week. I'm aiming for 3lb

Well done on getting back to your pre weekend weight :)

I've just done 90 minutes at the gym and I've got everything crossed for my weigh in Thursday. ... I'd be happy with a sts after my weekend of chips, beer, wine and roast dinner! !!!

mum of 1 your loss is brilliant! you guys are all doing great and excersing like mad too! ok so I weighed in this morning, and sts at 10st..... I don't know what I'm doing wrong, well I think I do, not eating enough maybe? but surely that can't be it, roughly on about 800-1000 cals a day and doing about 250 cals worth of working out. Slightly dishearted, but trying not to let it get me down! just annoying that I've cut out everything I love! no wine or chocolate or biscuits :(:confused:

mum of 1 your loss is brilliant! you guys are all doing great and excersing like mad too! ok so I weighed in this morning, and sts at 10st..... I don't know what I'm doing wrong, well I think I do, not eating enough maybe? but surely that can't be it, roughly on about 800-1000 cals a day and doing about 250 cals worth of working out. Slightly dishearted, but trying not to let it get me down! just annoying that I've cut out everything I love! no wine or chocolate or biscuits :(:confused:

it's possible that your not eating enough. ... I tend to be 800-1000 on non excersise days and on the days that I do exercise I increase that to 1000-1200.... Maybe try adding in a light snack before you go to the gym to give you a little energy boost? x

Thanks Ponytales and Blubex, yeah maybe it is the eating, and its all clean too, no fizzy just water, steamed veg with chicken/fish/steak, eggs and green smoothies, I would kill for a kit kat! and 2 weeks till date with ex...... really want to be down another 7lbs going to start the 30 day shred in the morning before work! and decided I am going to try my hardest not to step on the scales, it really does get you down!

What motivates you to keep at it? I've found that peoples transformations really spur me on, I look for the same body shape type as me and see what they have achieved! good luck for the morning weigh in Blubex!

1.6lbs off this week....6.2lbs to go for Christmas....

wooohooo!! brilliant that sounds so achievable 6.2lb! well done you!

Well I (tried) did day one of the 30 day shred... oh my flippen god ..... could not even keep up with the easy beginner girl, couldnt do as many reps but tried to keep up, this is with me going to the gym everyday too, why am I not even getting a little bit fitter this is a nightmare! I've read some peoples story how they run/excersise and after a week they are starting to find it easier! blimey I am finding it just as difficult!

wooohooo!! brilliant that sounds so achievable 6.2lb! well done you!

Well I (tried) did day one of the 30 day shred... oh my flippen god ..... could not even keep up with the easy beginner girl, couldnt do as many reps but tried to keep up, this is with me going to the gym everyday too, why am I not even getting a little bit fitter this is a nightmare! I've read some peoples story how they run/excersise and after a week they are starting to find it easier! blimey I am finding it just as difficult!

I'm sure you are getting fitter but it may take a while for you to see those changes.

I use a couch to 5k program for the treadmill. ... When I started I could barely do the 60 second run but I'm up to 5 minutes now. ...I don't have the treadmill as fast as others but it's fast enough for me. ... Maybe you could try that? I do gave to push myself beyond limits that I thought I could manage but it's deffo worth trying x

I'm sure you are getting fitter but it may take a while for you to see those changes.

I use a couch to 5k program for the treadmill. ... When I started I could barely do the 60 second run but I'm up to 5 minutes now. ...I don't have the treadmill as fast as others but it's fast enough for me. ... Maybe you could try that? I do gave to push myself beyond limits that I thought I could manage but it's deffo worth trying x

How long did it take you to get to that stage? I can just about manage 90 secs and that's after about 8 days approx, but not on a fast pace prob about 10 on the machine! I think its in KM !

How long did it take you to get to that stage? I can just about manage 90 secs and that's after about 8 days approx, but not on a fast pace prob about 10 on the machine! I think its in KM !

I'm 4 weeks in. ... I only set the speed at 8 though which is more like a jog than a run. .... When I can keep going for 30 minutes I'm going to slowly build up my speed. If I set the speed higher I can't do it! even at level 8 though I'm sweating and working hard. ... I switch between running on level 8 then walking on level 6 to get my breath back.

I'm struggling to stay motivated at the moment. ... To many treats around! Did a sneaky weigh in this morning and I'm still the same as last Thursday so having a few strict days this week or I'm never going to hit my goal! !!

hope everyone else is ok x

Just stumbled on this thread, you guys are nailing it!!! Just goes to show - eat less, exercise more, don't cheat and you'll be a set of superstars like you lot!!

Well done girls. Xx

Just stumbled on this thread, you guys are nailing it!!! Just goes to show - eat less, exercise more, don't cheat and you'll be a set of superstars like you lot!!

Well done girls. Xx

Blondcat, I read your whole diary all 60+ pages one night and I'm beyond impressed by your change in body shape and dedication to the gym! so well done to you! plus, the whole 'man is back two weeks today' etc was so similar apart from I just want to make ex drool even though I have moved on and I told him it was over as I constantly found him 'looking' around at others when out, probably biggest reason to go in and show him what he can't have, well I hope anyway!

Blubex, had the weekend off as was having a big one with old uni friends, did cave in to a few bottles of champage and a super delicious break the bank meal! and now too scared to weigh in! will hit the gym tonight and set pace to 8 and see how long I can go t-8 days to date! and I think Ive probably hardly lost anything!

Back