I'm not a dog. I will not reward myself with food!!

Definitely the trick is to find something that fills you. Have you tried a massive salad or Cous Cous? Something with a low carb will fill you up!!
Hope the wee one is bette soon xx

Thank you for the well wishes for my little fella x thankfully he's not been sick since early yesterday evening, though not eaten much today. I love the extra snuggles he gives and feeling needed again. He's little Mr Independent - not a bad thing, but I sometimes feel a bit redundant!

I'm definitely going to enjoy my blowout tonight and I'm going to hunt for foods which will help me feel fuller for longer. I think I need to get my research head on, though last night I ate the two remaining slimfast snack bars I'd saved and had a glass of water. About half an hour later, I realised I felt fine so maybe think this hungry feeling is more psychological than physical.

Today we received some awful news, one of my partners cousins had a baby girl this morning and she was stillborn after numerous hospital blunders. I don't know the parents, but feel for them and what they are going through. It's events like this that I find I could really reach for the chocolate. Instead I put on the 30 Day Shred DVD which arrived in the post and worked out. God I was knackered, crying, aching but felt better that I'd done it instead of eating!

I took some 'before' pictures of myself too and although I'm disgusted with myself, I hope they help keep me motivated. I have pics of the front to show my waist, hips, thighs and muffin tops! Various poses for the side - relaxed tummy (I look 8 months pregnant!), stood tall and straight but not breathing in, straight legged and with one bent leg (I'd like to see if my thighs show any definition). Then my arm, face and then a close up of my face in the sunlight to show my complexion. I'll be doing this every 10 days to see the results of the 30 day shred and then on Liam's birthday (29th June) where hopefully I'll have lost 2st. I'm going to push myself now for that goal.

Wow! I've just finished my 'blowout' meal and I'm thrilled that I had to reduce the portion size of peas, chips and onion rings on MFP because my usual portion sizes were smaller than what I'd allowed! My steak was spot on as was the sauce! I feel full, not over faced or still hungry, just I'm the middle! I will train my tum to think thin :)

Awww glad you enjoyed it hun, x

Thanks Bee xxx and I only had one of my three snack bars :D

Well, I had a little, unexpected lie in thanks to my little fella being sparko and my eldest helping himself to breakfast and watching his programmes for a change! I feel fresh as a daisy and have just finished day two of my 30 Day Shred! I was dreading it because I ache in places I'd forgotten about, but did it and have eased up!

Since the sun is shining, I'm planning a full on gardening day of strimming, lawn mowing, weeding etc that's if I can get my mower to work otherwise it'll be strimming and raking a lawn which is huge! Which me luck! I hope it's a lovely sunny day whoever you are xx

I like your thinking Emily :) xx
I haven't been on here over the past day or so as we've been working hard on the garden, and yesterday I had a wobble. I had my mini blowout on Friday, had a sensible tea Saturday but weighed myself yesterday and I'd apparently put 3lbs on :( I felt like sitting and scoffing a huge bag of minstrels! I sulked, got snappy with Craig and had a SF snack bar! I sat down and just thought "so what if 3lbs of of the 7lbs lost has gone back on! I've still lost 4lbs." Got my boots back on and got stuck into the garden. Jumped on my scales and am 4lbs lighter :) I'm not expecting a huge loss this week now which does make me think what's the point, but a loss is a loss. I can't give up only two weeks in. I need to keep going and do this for me, my kids and a better lifestyle xx hope you're all enjoying your bank holiday weekend xx

Urge! Dreading weigh in in the morning! Kiddies off school, massive wedding cake to do for the weekend and I have lost the will to exercise! So, I'm thinking, let this week slip exercise wise then pick it back up when kiddies are back and we're in our normal routine again!

Urge should be urgh! Why does my iPad correct my spelling amd make me sound thick!

2lbs down this week making 9lbs in total :D

well done you!!!! Its starting to add up! Be in to double figures next week
xxx

Well done that's excellent xx

Hi hun hope all is ok x

Hey ho! What a week! I spent weds/thurs/fri working on a big wedding cake, Saturday was set up day then friends came round. I came down poorly, waved some friends off to Oz on Sunday had a family Monday then today have tried to get some housework done. Oh and in between have somehow sprained my wrist! My other half has seen how dedicated I am and has decided to join me dieting but has broken my weighing scales! I last managed to get weighed Sunday morning and they came up at 18st 2lbs which I'm not sure whether to believe :D I'm in my size 20 jeans now - they're not as comfy as I'd like but they do up easily and I can see my muffin top has shrunk. Because of my wrist, I had to give up my 30 day shred two days in but have got my cross trainer back so as soon as it's set up tonight, I'll be on that every morning and night. I just need to get over this past week - it's been mentally disruptive! I don't know what to do about my weigh in now which is due tomorrow :) xx hope you are all well xx

Wow sound like you have beena busy lady indeed x

Busy bee indeed!!
I felt tired just reading your post!!
Hope the wrist is ok?
Good news you have a partner who is upportive and EXCELLENT news on the jeans!!
I find different scales weigh me at different weights so always stick to the same ones!
Broken ones wont help eh??? lol! Stick with the same set and go with what they tell you
xxxx

I just re-read it and giggled "had a family Monday" I certainly was busy :p that was meant to say family day lol!

My scales were salter ones so am ordering some more, unless Craig'll fly to argos tonight for some :) I need to know how much I weigh! I can't have lost much, and fear I've gained because I have sort of stuck to it, but haven't used MFP at all since last week and i don't trust myself just yet. I'm sure I'm hormonal too because there are biscuits in the cupboard amd I had four to replace my meal bar (worked out the calories so I knew how many I could have lol!). I just want to eat junk and naughty food, though I'm not particularly hungry! My skin is bad too, another classic sign!

I need to go shopping and find some tasty foods to quench this junk food thirst lol! Xx

I read a thing on ********* the other day about what to eat when you crave salty, sugary, junk, fat etc for each individual craving. Here is the link! Dont know if it works but gotta be worth a try??
Cravings? Eat this! | Diana Stobo

Aww I replied to your last post and it's not here :( I saved the list thank you :) xx

well this is the fourth week, fourth weigh in should be Wednesday and fingers crossed, we'll have weighing scales by then! BUT I put on my size 18 summer mac this morning. At the start of this journey, I considered binning it and buying a bigger mac. I can't do it up and haven't been able to for a while (boobs are too big but can get it up to just below lol!), but the arms were so tight it felt embarrassing. Today I slipped it on expecting that same feeling of 'urgh, I've outgrown this!' But to my surprise the arms were looser, it didn't pull tight!

Until I see those figures on the scales, I daren't even think that I've lost weight. I just daren't because when I don't weigh myself, I am naughty and pile on the pounds. But although I've not followed slimfast to the T, I'm not eating crap either. Or at least crap on top of meals lol! For example, before I could easily wade through a large bag of minstrels without a moments thought, after having a bacon sarnie breakfast, ham sandwich and crisps for kunch, a fully cooked meal with dessert and in between all that, a few kit kats. They'd be gone before I'd realise. I had a bag last Sunday and a bag last night, though I didn't eat them all. Just over half way through I started to feel sick and yucky, so sealed them up and put them in the cupboard. Ok so I've just finished them off with a cup of coffee (not having a breakfast lol!) my excuse is my kids are back at nursery and school and I've two hours of bliss :D I've gone from a bag of minstrels/chocolate every night, to two in four weeks :)

I'm pretty proud of my body and the transition from feeling ravenous at the thought of a diet, to feeling yucky when I put these junk foods in my body. Long may it continue xx

Back