I'm so scared of putting the weight back on

It starts exactly the same way every single time -

And have you done the "it'll be okay this time, cos I know what can happen, so I'll be able to stop it" routine?:rolleyes:

haha oh every blimmin' time!! Good god what is going on?!?!?

It's a rare genetic defect and it appears we are twins
Welldone2.gif

:D

well that's cool girlfriend cos you have done brilliantly maintaining for so long!! I'm happy to be your twin x

Aw thanks :cool: Just keep on working at it. Your time will come. I'm just hoping that this is my time. If I keep it off for 2 years I'll be 50% there. Keep it off for 5 and I might even consider myself 80% cured;)

My binges are getting less and less, and I seem to be able to repair the damage without having to do anything too extreme, but many weeks I can now plod on without disasters. I just have to be on my case most of the time.

Very best of luck Karen. You'll defeat this;)

Hi everyone

Well i'm happy to report the scales were down 3lbs this morning!! So only 12lbs over target now! Thank god that's under a stone!!!! Must stay focussed!!!

Aw thanks :cool: Just keep on working at it. Your time will come. I'm just hoping that this is my time. If I keep it off for 2 years I'll be 50% there. Keep it off for 5 and I might even consider myself 80% cured;)

My binges are getting less and less, and I seem to be able to repair the damage without having to do anything too extreme, but many weeks I can now plod on without disasters. I just have to be on my case most of the time.

Very best of luck Karen. You'll defeat this;)

Thank Karion!! I really am inspired by you, and if your binges can get less and less then so can mine!! I'm heading for a straight run until i get back under 10stone then i may allow myself a little treat on sundays or something. What's your routine these days then hun?

Well done Karen on your 3lbs!!!! That's brill and just shows that when we keep our eye on the ball (as it were) we are indestructible!!! I guess the trick is to keep checking where the damn ball is every couple of days!

And I think Boofaloo makes a great point! NO ONE has ever asked me if I've lost weight and put it all back on again - so where the heck do they get these statistics from?

Lies, damn lies and statistics - Gladstone?? Or was it Disraeli?? I dunno - I was only a History teacher for 15 years! lol

Hahahahah - am so sad I had to look it up - it was Mark Twain AND Disraeli apparently - how does that work then???

OK - shall stop rambling now - but at least it took my mind off food for 5 mins hahahahahah!

Hahahahah - am so sad I had to look it up - it was Mark Twain AND Disraeli apparently - how does that work then???

OK - shall stop rambling now - but at least it took my mind off food for 5 mins hahahahahah!

Ha ha - thanks clever clogs!!!!

Yeah noone has ever asked me either - it is a marvellous point young boofaloo made!!!

Yesterday was so easy to be good due to me being totally guilt ridden with Sunday's binge and the shock of the scales reading 10st 12lbs. I must remember that feeling!!

I'm working from home mon, tues, wed this week - makes me wanna slit my flipping wrists!! My job is changing soon which means i'll be out and about mostly every day - can't wait - i'm sure i'll find it easier to stick with diet then!!

I'm heading for a straight run until i get back under 10stone then i may allow myself a little treat on sundays or something. What's your routine these days then hun?

Pretty much what my maintenance diary says :) I eat healthily and regularly. I have a couple of treats a day (though often more if the treats happen to be heathy:D) Any treats are put in a box for the day.

I go to the gym 3 times a week and make sure I walk each day. The walking bit is easy. The gym is sometimes a trial, but I have a good gym so I'm lucky in that way.

If I've binged, I cut down the next few days by having the same, but smaller portions, but I don't want to live like that...forever correcting my mistakes, so I mustn't binge. Sounds easy eh:rolleyes:

if your binges can get less and less then so can mine!!
They can indeed, but it wont happen by itself. There's no countdown to when it will all happen for you. You have to work through it and find your solutions. Just when you think you've cracked it, it can raise it's ugly head again, but you'll get there. Being aware and knowing you can defeat it is half the battle.

Good luck with your plan today Karen:)

Does your LLC not do a management group? Would it help to pop in once a week, sometimes knowing that you are gonna be weighed by someone else helps to keep you on track... so long as you go every week tho and don't think, 'ooh I know I've put on so I'm not going, I'll be good all week and go next week!'. then you find yourself doing the same thing the week after!! Just a thought!

Trio and K I'm with you on those binges, we certainly know how to do it in syle!!:eek: I once heard someone say they had had a binge, it was a few jaffa cakes a bar of choc and a packet of crisps! I was thinking 'god I wish my binges were like that!' Still fingers crossed I won't have any more, it's amazing how much I can cram in in half an hour:rolleyes:

Have a good day
love
Geri
x

I once heard someone say they had had a binge, it was a few jaffa cakes a bar of choc and a packet of crisps! I was thinking 'god I wish my binges were like that!'

Yeah.. I've heard similar. They need some serious lessons in binging! ;)

Karion,

Thanks honey. I know i can defeat this!!! Positive thinking right!! I can be a right stubborn cow and this bingeing is really annoying me, how dare my chatterbox get the better of me grrrrr! I'm feeling so strong right now that nothing can convince me to go outside of my plan, just hope it continues!!!!

As long as i remember that it starts with a bit of meat and fruit during the day (my routine is just LL packs in the day time) then i'll be fine!! I fight myself about having that but then i give in, the crisps and choc that come after get no fight from me whatsoever!!

Knowledge is power!! lol

Good luck with your plan today Karen:)

Does your LLC not do a management group? Would it help to pop in once a week, sometimes knowing that you are gonna be weighed by someone else helps to keep you on track... so long as you go every week tho and don't think, 'ooh I know I've put on so I'm not going, I'll be good all week and go next week!'. then you find yourself doing the same thing the week after!! Just a thought!

Trio and K I'm with you on those binges, we certainly know how to do it in syle!!:eek: I once heard someone say they had had a binge, it was a few jaffa cakes a bar of choc and a packet of crisps! I was thinking 'god I wish my binges were like that!' Still fingers crossed I won't have any more, it's amazing how much I can cram in in half an hour:rolleyes:

Have a good day
love
Geri
x

Hello lovely Geri

Hmmm well not many people get to management in my local LL class!! However the last time i saw her (about 2 months ago) she said she was organising some management groups in cardiff (she's usually based in Merthyr Tydfil). I went to a great group in Wokingham for the first half of the diet then when i moved back home to S Wales i went there and never ever stayed to class - i just didn't feel that welcome plus i was convinced i could do it all on my own anyway haha.

I might ring the LLC though and start going regularly but the thing is my job is about to change which will mean getting home v late most week nights! I'm gonna consider it though.... actually i'm gonna send her an email now!!

Good on ya - you never know she may have management meetings at the weekend - or even if it's not a 'management meeting' maybe you could pop in in between groups just for a weigh in? Plus you'd inspire all the newbies with your weightloss - you'll be a celebrity!

Let us know how you get on...

Hey Karen

you have done so good so far and have managed to maintain, apart from a few slips, so look at how well you have done and try to keep ur eyes on the prize girl!!

i read through this thread looking for inspiration, eating a fucking rasher sandwich.... needless to say i'm not ss'ing!!! i am suicidal tho... ah no only joking but i feel soooo ****...... what is wrong with me???????

love

gen xx

Hi Gen sweetie

What are we gonna do with you hey? What happened to your plan babe? You were so set on a restart yesterday.... ?

Luv n hugs,

Back