Is anyone doing Slim Fast at the moment?

Hi kayjay, I don't think you need to be embarrassed, we are all here for the same reason! I have found slim fast easy about 90% of the time, I am busy all day at work so I am distracted and just drink as much water as possible to help fill me up. Like you I love my food and never thought that I could survive of milkshakes but it really can be done :)

Good luck Kayjay! It was my first day today.
First thing was the hardest bit, stepping on the scales... 27st . Feel so embarrassed just typing that, but can't hide away from it any longer. Got to face this head on, and deal with it. So here goes.

I have done well with slimfast in the past, and would totally agree with Vicky, that is you can distract yourself during the day, then the hours go by and you don't miss food too much. Also agree that keeping topped up with water is really important.

Portion size is a really the main problem with me too, but that's why I like slim fast, because you have closely defined 'meals' bars or shakes. I'm not going to be too strict with my evening meal to start with, as if I can keep to a shake for breakfast and a bar for lunch, with a couple of slimfast snacks in the day I figure I'm doing pretty well.

today I started with a chocolate shake (I prefer the pre-made shakes in the bottles), was starving on my journey into work, but soon got distracted and totally bogged down, so was fine until a banana at lunchtime, my meal bar around 3pm then an apple on the bus ride home.

Hiya I am restarting today have done this diet so many times and just stop once I see results but I am gonna keep going this time until I'm where I wanna be. Wish me luck and wishing all of everyone here good luck xx

Good luck hols :) x

Hi All, I am looking to start slim fast on Friday - in total I have loat about 6.5stones through WW and SW but have ground to a halt, so thought I would give this diet a go!! Looking forward to something different - just hope I see some results as I am feeling a little low about the whole dieting thing at the minute - it seems to get harder the closer to target you get!! Anyway enough of that, how is everyone else getting on? K x

Good luck hols :) and well done on your 6.5 stone loss kfowler - that's amazing! I'm going to be in my way to that much by Christmas (then bring on the selection boxes!)

Good luck hols :) and well done on your 6.5 stone loss kfowler - that's amazing! I'm going to be in my way to that much by Christmas (then bring on the selection boxes!)

Thanks Hun, oooh selection boxes yummy :) haha, Christmas does being with it some rather scrummy food!! x

I have been ok so far, busy at work but that's meant I have hardly had any water - because it's just quicker to get a coffee (or a hot choc oops!) So will have to make more of an effort tomorrow. Looks like the scales have moved down so that it's keeping me going.
How is your week going Ellejay?

On my first week, and really noticing how much difference my fluid intake makes to my hunger, Now trying to keep up with water and orange squash as much as possible.

Had a quick peek at the scales the morning, and think I've lost 6lbs since Monday... WHOOP. Am so overweight, that I do usually get a good loss in the first week, but needed that positive reinforcement to keep me going.

6lbs is amazing - well done :) I've started slim fast today, and just had my first shake! Feeling super positive at the moment, so let's hope that continues :) Quick question - I know I need to try and drink 2litres of water a day, but I just wanted to check if diet soft drinks were ok too - as they have 0 (or very close to) I presumed yes, but didnt want to mess up on day 1!! Thanks

I think it's best to get your fluid from water or squash.
problem with soft drinks it that they contain caffeine (and lots of artificial sweeteners) so are not so good.
i don't think they do the job of hydrating you so well either.

some fluid is better than no fluid, so if soft drinks help to get you drinking, then it's up to you if that's going to help you though? I do find that the more you drink the more thirsty you get, and I believe if you drink your 2 litres it also helps your body to bliss out excess fluid.

i find keeping up the fluid count really helps when I feel hungry. If I'm puckish I try and big glass of squash, and the see after 10 mins if I really need a snack or not. Sound good at the mo, and just hope I can keep this up!

I think it's best to get your fluid from water or squash. problem with soft drinks it that they contain caffeine (and lots of artificial sweeteners) so are not so good. i don't think they do the job of hydrating you so well either. some fluid is better than no fluid, so if soft drinks help to get you drinking, then it's up to you if that's going to help you though? I do find that the more you drink the more thirsty you get, and I believe if you drink your 2 litres it also helps your body to bliss out excess fluid. i find keeping up the fluid count really helps when I feel hungry. If I'm puckish I try and big glass of squash, and the see after 10 mins if I really need a snack or not. Sound good at the mo, and just hope I can keep this up!

Thanks for such a full response I really appreciate it! I drink quite a lot of water (definitely my 2l) I just get a little bored of it after a while! Oddly I can look at a can of diet coke almost as an extra snack - I tend to plan my meals and snacks to keep me going through the day i.e. Breakfast at 7, mid morning snack 10.30, lunch 12.30 etc.... So amongst that chucking in a sneaky little diet coke is a real treat haha my head works in strange ways!! :)

Seeing it as a treat sounds like a really good idea. We all need threats to keep us going through the day!

i tend to use Orange no added sugar squash to flavour it a bit, or ribena light x

Hello! It's gone quiet in here for last two weeks! Is there anyone still there???
I'm just starting slimfast today. I am 12.7 and would like to lose two stone.
Just drinking first shake now. It's a LOT of milk!!!
I've always suspected milk sets off my IBS so this will be a good test!!

Hello - I am still here :) Welcome to the slimfast world! I have to say I am super lazy and just have the pre-made shakes, as I can grab them in the morning, shove them in the fridge at work, and I am all done for breakfast and lunch!! How do the powder ones taste? Have you ever done slim fast before? This is my first time, I am 2 weeks in and have to say am actually liking it as a diet....I didnt think I would!! x

The powdered one tasted nice. I blended a scoop of choc and a scoop of vanilla with milk and ice. It was very tasty. Feel a bit windy in my tummy though now, hopefully that's not a sign that I'm unable to tolerate it :-/

The powdered one tasted nice. I blended a scoop of choc and a scoop of vanilla with milk and ice. It was very tasty. Feel a bit windy in my tummy though now, hopefully that's not a sign that I'm unable to tolerate it :-/

Lets hope not - would the pre-made ones be any better for you?

it is really quiet in here.. shame was hoping for a busy group for motivation etc x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back