Is there anyone who needs to lose over 10 stone????

Hi, I have been doing SW since the start of April and I have been doing quite well and I am managing ok to stick to the plan, but I was wondering if anyone else gets a bit down by how much more they have to lose? I am just coming up to my Seven stone loss and it's with mixed emotions as I am pleased in one way but also fed up by the fact I still have to do the same again and more! Does anyone else get fed up like this and if so what do you do to kick yourself out of it?

Hi, I have lost 5 stone so far and I have to do that two times over again. I do get fed up sometimes but how I manage it is to take it one stone at a time. If I start to think about the whole I get down. So I divert myself by going down one stone, then another. That way I dont get overwhelmed by the size of the task. Good thing is if I keep going at this rate then by next summer Ill be at target. I figure next summer is going to come whatever, so I can either be at target or still a be big sweaty puddin' :D I think I would rather be the former ;)

Try giving yourself a treat at significant milestones .. I see you are not far from 100 lbs weight loss. You should be so very proud and do something nice for yourself ... well done!!!!

Hi, thanks for the replies i'm feeling much better today, I went to class and was slimmer of the month which was a nice boost. I think I will just have to think in smaller goals and set my first on getting out of the 20's, which isn't that far off really and something to push for.

Sometimes I just feel a bit out of place at class as I have so much to lose compared to the other people there but I have to keep in mind none of them were the size they are now when they started and it's going to be amazing when I finally get to where I want to be.

I get depressed about this too, especially when I input my weight every week onto the spreadsheet that was circulated around here a while ago. It says that my "reach target date" is October 2012!!!!! 2 years away when I've already been at it for a year!!!!
But then I think about how much better I look and feel after losing 2.5 stone and realise that that feeling is only going to get better with every week I stay on SW. Also just imagine the feeling of elation we will have when we hit target..... Think I might well fall off the scales in shock!!!!

How's everyone doing at the moment?
I'm a non-mover for a little while as my depression's hit me a bit hard at the moment and I havent been motivated if I'm honest, but I'd still like to hear how everyone else is doing :)

I did have 14 stone to loose last January but have lost just over 6.5 stone so far this year :D I am determined to get another couple of stones off this year and hopefully by this time next year be at target.

I am really going to give it my all this week, i desperately want to loose 4lbs which will take me to 7 stone lost and the 1/2 way point in my journey.

I don't have a huge amount of will power and am tested on a daily basis but somehow i have managed to loose and hopefully will keep loosing, if i can do it anyone can :)

i had 10 stone to lose when i started i'm no 1 stone 6 lighter aiming for 2 off by xmas hopefully more . I have not set my target yet although i have put an interim target at 12 stone which will be 8 stone off i know its gonna take a long time trying not to think about that bit to much :)

Hello everyone, just checking in. Some great losses thus far!

Mel2, Barney :wavey: - I get down about it sometimes too, I haven't set myself a definite target yet...all I know for now is I'd like to be under 20st, and that's 9st 9.5lbs away (it was 12st 9.5lbs 5 months ago).

I think cmcewn hit the nail on the head. A little at a time, 7lb -14lb increments - it all adds up in no time. And I may not be anywhere near my target (when I pick one) in the next 7 months, but I will be lighter, healthier, fitter because I choose to be! We're all ending 2010 on the right note!

I did have 14 stone to loose last January but have lost just over 6.5 stone so far this year :D I am determined to get another couple of stones off this year and hopefully by this time next year be at target.

I am really going to give it my all this week, i desperately want to loose 4lbs which will take me to 7 stone lost and the 1/2 way point in my journey.

I don't have a huge amount of will power and am tested on a daily basis but somehow i have managed to loose and hopefully will keep loosing, if i can do it anyone can :)

Kas thats amazing, I had about 14 stone to lose, now its around 10 stone.. seems like such alot but what i think now is that i only really need to do what ive done twice more.... so im 33% of the way there.... ahh that sounds loads better!

I've just read this thread and can I just say that you ladies really touch my heart with your stories. Your determination and successes are just astounding. I don't think I would know where to start if I had so much to lose, I thought my inital 5 stones to lose was a lot but you ladies are just amazing with the attitudes you have - you're such an encouragement.

I now have roughly 3st 7lbs to lose in total and I am determined to do that, but I just wanted to say how utterly touched and amazed I am at you people in this thread. You should all be very proud of yourselves and keep up the hard work. I know how difficult it can be to lose weight.

Sending all you girls hugs, you're such an inspiration and such wonderful people - very well done :) XXX

I think I need to lose about 18 stones..
I thought I was somewhere in the 28stone range when I joined, but turns out I was out by 5 stone... I was gobsmacked when the scales went up to 33st 5 1/2lbs..
I'm now back down into the 20's ( ok so 29's.. :) ) and all that in just 13 weeks..

I want to get down to about 14 stone ( I'm 6 foot 4 so that's about right for the "healthy" BMI range.. )

I think I need to lose about 18 stones..
I thought I was somewhere in the 28stone range when I joined, but turns out I was out by 5 stone... I was gobsmacked when the scales went up to 33st 5 1/2lbs..
I'm now back down into the 20's ( ok so 29's.. :) ) and all that in just 13 weeks..

I want to get down to about 14 stone ( I'm 6 foot 4 so that's about right for the "healthy" BMI range.. )
What have you done to lose so much so quickly?!
Well done!!!

Kas thats amazing, I had about 14 stone to lose, now its around 10 stone.. seems like such alot but what i think now is that i only really need to do what ive done twice more.... so im 33% of the way there.... ahh that sounds loads better!

Keep at it, try and take each 1/2 stone at a time to help keep me going. Your doing great and you'll get there, just keep up the good work :D

What have you done to lose so much so quickly?!
Well done!!!

I have no idea...

I don't normally have a HeB as the weeks I do / did I only had small ( 2lb :) ) losses.. bread seems to be my enemy..

I have a roast chicken dinner every night with lots of cabbage, leeks, & cauliflower, and a good handfull of roast 'taters.. ( approx a dozen, roughly 1" cubed )..

for dinners it's usually either beans or spaghetti ( tinned in tom sauce ), or vegetable cous cous.. along with a couple of plums and maybe a banana..

breakfast is 2-3 eggs scrambled ( or 1 egg and 1-2 egg whites more accurately.. ), and a piece of fruit ( banana, nectarine etc.. )...

milk in my tea as my daily allowance ( although not normally all of it, maybe 2/3.. )

All I can say is WOW! I'm amazed and in awe at how well you are all doing! So much of what has been said I can completely relate to! But reading ur posts has spurred me on no end!
I have at least 11st to loose, but now, more than ever before. I feel I can achieve it! One day at a time! 1 meal at a time!

I know it's been mentioned, but can u ask about exercise? I've done the gym thing, but never felt comfortable! I've also got mountains of exercise DVDs etc. But I was considering joggin! Is this wise... Given my current size? I used to do it but yrs and many stones ago!

I just want to feel proactive & feel it working.

But like u said. I'm so motivated after reading some of these posts!! IT CAN BE DONE!! whooooo :-D

Cc xx

Sorry meant I not u :) xx

I don't excersise.. I'm what would be listed next to the definition of "couch potatoe"...

If you excersise, you need to eat more to lose weight... sounds daft but it's true...

Happy new year everyone.Here's to a healthy and shrinking 2011.How is everyone getting on? xx

Such an inspiring thread. Lovely not to feel alone as one of the big 'uns. Your stories are so inspirational. It really can be done.

Lucia

welcome lucia, if inspiration is what you seek then be very happy you stumbled across minimins... best of luck on your journey! x

Back