JanD into the third year of maintenance :-D

It's the Dukan 'attack' phase - while the types of foods are limited you can have as much as you like of them. I'm only doing it while I'm working, I'm not pretending I'm not going to drink at the weekend! ;) - I haven't been weighed 'proper' but jumping on the old scales upstairs it appears that I lost 4lbs yesterday :D ... not even what I put on the week or so before but still!! ;) xx

Attack phase - sounds scary! LOL
hey 4lb loss thats great, especially so soon after xmas! :D :party0049: xxx

Lol! It's just the strictest time - you're only supposed to do it for a few days.
Of course I know that 4lbs is only fluid and I'd put about 8 on in the last
2 weeks but at least it's better than just carrying on the way I was till next week. I'm getting really worried I won't have anything to wear for my Jury Service .... I'll have to see what clothes I can 'fat' into ;) xx

Don't be silly, i'm sure you have something to FIT into! :p When is your jury service again? x

HaHa .. well there's more hope now I think ;)

Jury service is 16th Jan for 2 weeks :) x

Exciting!! :)

I KNOW!! I keep telling myself I'll probably be sitting around reading for 2 weeks, in case I'm disappointed ... but I DO hope not! :)x

Well done on starting the attack phase Jan, how is it going?

Jury service is brill, I done it about 9 years ago, but dont build your hopes up, I was only there for 3 days, I loved it though, the seats are really hard though, hopefully they have improved.

Whilst that would be disappointing Mary - I'll have been covered in work so I wouldn't be telling them I was only there for 3 days iykwim ;) so it would have its compensations :). I hope the seats aren't too hard - though I do have a bit of extra padding at the moment ;)

Attack is fine - basically just high protein. I'm only doing it whilst at work. I just couldn't carry on the way I was .. as it is I'll still be looking at a good stone to lose after the new year :eek:

Today Dec 30th I've had ...

Breakie - 0% vanilla yoghurt with the 1.5 tablespoons of oatbran

Tea - Sliced roast beef, turkey, 2 little pieces of smoked mackeral, a few prawns, a tablespoon of cottage cheese, a gherkin and a few silverskins

Work - prawns with a few silverskins, a 150g pack of flame grilled chicken breast pieces and 2 boiled eggs xx

I could quite happily keep up with the eating side ... for a little while anyway, but as I said last night I'm not kidding myself that I'm not going to drink over the weekend! If I feel like any of the nibbles I put out tomorrow I'll have them. I'm doing chicken with sweet pots & roast parsnips on sunday and I'm going to have that. I'll see what monday brings - I think we may go out for a meal. Tuesday I'll be having the 'party' with the family so it may well be wednesday till I'm back to 'good'

Oh NO! Hang on ... it's my long week so we'll probably be out for a meal with my friend on wed :eek: ... oh 'eck ... good job I got these few 'good' days in eh!! ;) xx

My plans are dinner with the neighbours tomorrow, they will go home about 6 and Phill and I will bring in the new year together. Nibbles in the evening with lots of alcohol.

Local pub on Sunday, drinks.

Monday - no plans yet!

Tuesday - out with work colleagues in Cardiff - food and drink.

Wed - recovering, carb filled day.

Hope you enjoy your days off and celebrations.

Thursday - will try and have 2 mrb and a meal to get all the Exante products used up.

Looks good again today Jan :) that's a bonus you dont have to go back to work if you're only there for 3 days! X

Well Tan I probably should at least tell them and see if the cover could be cancelled ....... but in the immortal words of John Wayne "the hell I will" :giggle:

Mary - sounds like good times planned :) Enjoy!
I've still got lots of exante shakes and some mrbs - I'm sure I'll use them up :D xx

If I am not mistaken, I am sure the company you work for claim the wages from the Government to cover the Jury Service, so it might show how many days you are there for - I cant remember exactly how it works.

Uh oh! Best check that one out! :)

No they don't Mary - government don't pay out for that. The only way you get money from them is if your company won't pay you. They'll only pay jurers directly and only then if they can prove loss of earnings. Assuming I wouldn't get my night allowance whilst on JS I sent the claim form in to be filled in. They called my bosses to say they will pay me in full, night allowance and all! :)

One of the employers possible questions on the form was 'can I pay my employee and then claim it back from you' and the answer was no - they only pay jurers directly - so I think it'll be okay :D - but thanks for the warning :) xx

Happy new year Jan x

Back