JanD into the third year of maintenance :-D

It sounds v.festive :)

Are you able to get the air swimmer sorted now the boys are heading home before Xmas? Will they be with u Xmas morning or at their place?xx

Jan, that day didnt look that bad to me.......honestly.

Ooooh I still haven't looked at that air swimmer thing. The thing is lately, I use internet in work to come to the site, but then I just use my phone at home, very rarely I use my laptop since I quit farming!

It felt bad to me Mary - and it's been even worse today - will 'confess' later ;)

Re the Airswimmer ... I've done all I can on it this afternoon, can't do anything else till it's been inflated - hopefully John will get that done tomorrow so we can perfect the art of flying it before they all come on Christmas day :D. Try & have a look if you can Mary - they're brill ;) xx

Last edited:
So - what have I had today???

Wednesday 21st December

**deep breath**

Breakie - vanilla mousse

Lunch - Oaty bread roll with clover light, chicken, salad & mayo

Morrison's cafe - Slice of Stollen with black coffee

Tea - Chinese style turkey breast steak, pan fried, Pasta in sauce, sweetcorn & left over carrots & broccoli.
3 slices stollen :(

Baby bel

Work - Pkt meanies, oaty roll with turkey ham salad & mayo, 2 satsumas & a banana.

:sigh: xx

What's stollen Jan?
X

A Stollen is a loaf-shaped cake containing dried fruit, and covered with sugar, powdered sugar or icing sugar. The cake is usually made with chopped candied fruit and/or dried fruit, nuts and spices. Stollen is a traditional German cake, usually eaten during the Christmas season, when called Weihnachtsstollen or Christstollen. A similar cake, found in Dutch cuisine, is called a Kerststol in Dutch, while in Italian cuisine the panettone also shows a likeness.
stollen_3.jpg

But the ones I've had today were individual ones a bit like these ...

Stollen+from+Lolly+and+Scott.jpg

The nicest ones I've ever had were Co-op mini stollen bites ... they were to DIE for!!! xx

Oh yeah ... and I've had a cadbury's caramel cake and a brunch bar :( x

Omg that sounds delicious!!!!!! :drool:

Yum! Yet again....Christmas food coming along and ruining the day! I can't wait for all the temptations to be over. Xx

That cake looks really nice, glad I haven't seen it in the shops.

I said I would start my diet on Jan 3rd, but forgot I have a night out with work colleagues on the 3rd, the 4th will be a high carb day after the day before so it looks like Jan 5th for my new start.

Haha - well you have to finish off the festivities properly Mary!! I may still start on 3rd - I need to get some lbs off to fit into clothes for Jury Duty starting on 16th!!

Dahling DH got some of the co-op mini stollen bites today and actually thought he was doing me a favour!! :eek:. I have a sneaking suspiscion (sp?) there may be a box in my stocking too as they are 2 for £3!! ;) ... needless to say they're all gone! :(

not even gonna bother documenting all i've stuffed in today! xx

Oh Yeah! We got the airswimmer going ... eventually ... there's something wrong with the remote - it only works if you're less than 3 feet from the sensor on the fish - which rather defeats the object of it being remote controlled eh! I'm wondering if better batteries might make any difference - we've only put cheap ones in .. hmmmm xx

Think it'd be best if I stayed away from that stollen! Lol

Hmmm 3feet? Looks like a lot more in the vids? Xx

Exactly - that's why I think there's something wrong with it :( bit late now though :(:( x

I'm sure they'll love it either way Jan :) xx

Bloomin' 'ope so!! You know when something seemed like a really good idea at the time??

:( :eek: Lol xx

Well Christmas has officially started :D ... My sister & BIL are going to his Mother's up North on Xmas day so we exchanged prezzies tonight AND I've come to work and the usual dish of sweets is out ready for me .... my heart sank a bit when I saw them but I must say whenever the lad I look after takes one I feel like smacking his hand!!! :giggle:

Not even going down the 'what I've eaten' route :eek:

I hope everyone is enjoying themselves :D xx

:giggle: at u wanting to smack his hand!

Defo enjoying it here, are u?xxx

I'll enjoy it more when he goes to bed & leaves 'my' sweets alone!! Grrrr! ;) x

Haha!! :rotflmao: what time did he go to bed in the end?

Xx

About 1.45am!! .... needless to say all sweets now gone except for one toffee - ridiculous I know, but I feel better if I don't actually empty the dish ;) x

Back