JanD's Maintenance Diary. Week 38 onwards.

Oooh glad you enjoyed it my sweet - will goose at your photos in a bit :D :D :D:D

Oh! And soooooo glad you are back! It was as dead as a doorknob around ere!!!

Hi Jan, glad you enjoyed the wedding. You should have had a Scottish Pie - they are my very very favourites. When I was at my Sisters a couple of weeks ago, my Brother came down from Scotland with my shopping list. Managed to get most of it finished before lipotrim though.

Off to have a look at your pics on Facebook now.

What is scottish pie?!

Oooo that looks yummy Mary! We didn't go near any shops as it happened but we did look for these last year when we were up there. You told us about them then! (That was almost exactly a year ago! Aaargh!)

I'm starting with the diary from when I got up today.

Tea - Lightly dusted Haddock with carrots, leek and vlf salad cream. A plum & a pear.

Brought to work. A wholemeal deli roll with clover, corned beef & little splodge of light mayo. A pear & 3 plums. xx

Edit - A 2 bar Go Ahead yoghurt break
a teaspoonful of jam :(

Last edited:
Cant remember if I said on another thread, but I know you shop at Aldi sometimes Jan. My Sister told me about the chicken chasseur packet mix they do, and she said its nicer than all the other ones she has tried (she is my posh Sister, who usually shops at M&S) so it must be good lol. Anyway, I bought a packet a couple of weeks ago, its a pack of 3 sachets and its delicious.

Just thought to let you know about it. Once I am off these shakes and finished re-feed, I still have 2 sachets waiting, I cant wait.

Ooooo thanks Mary - must check that out, sounds yummy :)

This has been a bad bad day.

Friday 19th March

Had a toasted hot x bun with clover at Mum's
Piece of toast with clover & jam when i got home - took DD to hospital app and had another piece of toast with clover & egg&bacon sandwich spread when we got back! THEN I had 3 little kinder bunnies that were in for easter. :(:(

Bed all afternoon

Tea - End off DH's chippie fish, few chips, half a small (ha ha - would hate to see a big one) portion of Donner meat and some vlf salad cream.

Kept picking at a bag of kettle chips DD left open on the side in the kitchen :(

Usual friday night visit to Mum's before work ... 2 Guylian (sp?) chocs, a viennese cream biscuit, a huge white choc & raspberry cookie and half a roll with clover & smoked salmon on.

Brought to work - the rest of the donner meat with a splodge of lite mayo. A pear, 3 plums, an 'eat natural' kids lunchie & a pkt of weightwatchers (HA!) cheese bites.

Oh dear :eek: xx

Edit .... wrapped a piece of bread & icbinb lite round some of that donner :(

Last edited:
Jan, you are doing so well, I am sure a little over indulgence wont do you any harm, as long as you stick to it occassionally.

I will have to email your Mum and ask her to stop stocking goodies in her house.....lol.

LOL!!! No computer Mary .... PHEW! ;) :) xx

:p x

:giggle: donner meat ..... mmmm :p

Sat 20th March

Toasted hot x bun with clover at Mum's
Piece of toast with clover & egg & bacon sandwich filler at home :(

Had a plum & a banana when i got up. Went to a fundraiser tonight and had a load of stuff off the buffet .... can't be doing with trying to remember what it all was.
V & Cs

Off to Montgomery tomorrow - I don't know when I'll be on here, certainly not for a few days. The hotel in the village has Wifi which I used last time I was there so it just depends when i get there.

Try not to miss me too much :) :p :) xx

Hope you are having a lovely time Jan :) xxx

Thanks folks - I AM having a lovely peaceful time :) Only trouble is I'm eating like food's going out of fashion! My rings are really tight. I feel so insecure I've got no scales and haven't been weighed for 2 weeks. I could be sooooooo UP! :(
I know people say the scales are evil but they're also a really good check. I'm scared of the next time I get on them but - of course - it isn't making any difference to what I'm doing in the meantime :eek:

I fully intend to keep on enjoying myself though ;)

Back Monday afternoon xx

Yaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Saw you was around on FB wondered when you'd get yer bum over here! :giggle:

Glad you are having a good time, enjoy it mrs and worry about the rest when you are home :D :D :D :D

How is the weather where you are?
Have you gone away on your own again to write?

It has been raining all week here in good ol' plymouth! Cosy!

Lol! Yep I'm all on my ownio - painting this time (well trying to ;)).. I just text my DD to say I wasn't sure if I was a totally liberated female sitting in a completely deserted hotel bar on my own (not even staying here) checking emails etc or whether I'm just plain sad! She said i should go with the liberated thing - and of course to sit in a bar without a glass of wine would be just plain rude!!!! :eek: :p :)

Weather mixed - I've used my brolly but I haven't been soaked. I'm walking at least an hour a day - got muddy shoes today but not a problem.
OH!!! And saw a Mummy sheep washing/licking it's lamb that'd obviously just been born ... trying to stand up and everything AHHHHH! Took photies but couldn't get too close so had to use the long zoom so they're not that clear. Didn't want to upset 'Mum' & could see when she got uncomfortable with my proximity ..... It was a real 'AHHHHHH' moment :):):) xxx

Sounds like you are having a great time and there is nothing wrong with enjoying your own company at the deserted hotel, just as long as its a LARGE glass of wine you are having.

Glad you're enjoying yourself Mrs.

Back